Puzzle ring farming doesn't work?

You get lots of puzzles /cube rare rings. if you want ancient …well use cube mats on reg
puzzles.

Thank you!
Edited my original post for further clarity.

1 Like

Moral of the story, Kadala is the true Prime Evil. There are 2 methods I use when battling the rng Prime Evil.

1. Kadala knows what you are looking for, she will jam you just for her own guilty pleasure. When getting ready to roll, beg her for Leorics and Broken Promise rings. She will give you puzzles just to spite you.
  1. While spending shards, work on getting your highest four-letter word combo bonus. While this doesn’t improve your rng, it will make you feel better.
3 Likes

I’ve spent thousands of shards on rings at level 31 and haven’t had a single Puzzle Ring. I don’t see how the odds can be 1/3 for legedary drop. I’ve had ~35 legendary rings (leroic and broken) and not a single puzzle.

Was this patched and has the drop rate been reduced beyond the 33% from before?

Worst streak I had was like 4500 shards and no puzzle, but then I got 6 from 1800 the next dump. Dunno how many “thousands” in your case actually is, but RNG is RNG.

Must be rng or in other words “luck”.

I got many on lvl31 char. I’m guessing at least one each kadala run spending 1250 shards at most. Sometimes 3 in a run.

The number 1 of three is counted using the other legendaries. Yellows don’t count.

That number, 1 puzzle ring in every three legendaries, seems roughly right. For me at least.

After ~10k shards I got 3 while spending ~1800 shards.

I don’t know what video I watched but I did exactly how they suggested and got 3 puzzle rings using a level 32 WD spending shards at Kadala. I don’t know if class matters to get the rings. Also, I play solo and don’t know what difference if any that makes for results.

I also followed the instructions in the video exactly and It worked to get the 3 final ethereals for WD. I created a new WD with a level 70 weapon with a gem of ease in the socket starting out on Normal. Carefully level to 5 then quit and I started a game on the highest setting you can have when not at level 70 I think it is T6.

Put illusory boots on in the cube and put my weapon in my backpack and opened a vault. I carefully walked through all of the enemies until I got to Greed’s door.
Put on the weapon and kill her at level 5. There aren’t a lot of legendary choices to drop at that level and I got two ethereals. Repeated the process and got the third for the WD completing the challenge of getting all of them. All of the rest for the other classes I got by doing it the hard way of just playing doing rifts.

1 Like

That means when you landed the legendary it has a third chance to be Puzzle Ring. Given Kadala is skimp at handling legendaries sometimes, it’s not uncommon to think. If you spent 5000 bloodshards, given jewelries have 50-100 shard cost per piece, it’s actually quite mediocre that you got 3 puzzle rings from that deal.

Kadala charges 50 blood shards per ring so 5000 blood shards is enough for 100 rings. If she gives you 1 in 10 items as legendaries, that’s 10 legendary rings. As the puzzle ring is one of three possibilities at that level, you’d expect to get 3-4 of them. Sounds about right to me.

True, but I only needed 2

Not sure why people are gambling for 'em to begin with. I have an entire stash full of them, which I’ve used half of and refilled it already with regular play (strictly natural drops.)

I keep 'em in case friends come late to the Season, but I wouldn’t mind helping others.
They are like boomerangs; no matter how many I go through to get rid of 'em, they keep coming back.

I did it for the Ethereal ach, was not sure how much if anything I would play so wanted to get it done as fast as possible.

1 Like

Good for you. Not everybody has the same luck. I’ve personally had 2 drop all season. Just because you have got them doesn’t mean other players have.

2 Likes

Certainly wouldn’t call it luck… had the same issue with the bovine bardiche last season. Maybe you’ve just had extremely bad luck? Anyway, it was more of a tell that if somebody needed help, I’d be willing to help them out instead of them wasting shards trying to get them.

:v:

I feel more accomplished having done them all at level 70.

Meteorblade#11171 is a renamed Naysayer#1104.
https://i.imgur.com/iuzrRxm.jpeg

I actually finished the Feat of Strength back on July 29th, as shown by my EU post…

2 Likes

It’s certainly one’s prerogative to complete the achievement how they wish, faux Meteorblade.

For me it was more about the xmogs than the achievement so I was ok with doing it the quick way.

4 Likes

I did get the Feats of Strength achievement on Aug 12. I used a combo of Puzzle ring farming/snapshot. I got about 10 Ethereals just normal leveling my character, but 6 were dups. I will say that puzzle ring was way more productive for me end the end. Snapshot works but took way longer.
I like/appreciate when the devs throw something new like this into the game. Part of the fun is trying all the different methods that the community comes up with to complete these challenges.
SEASON 24 – One of the best.

2 Likes

He also said it has to be a wd. tried it and got like 2 per 1k shards

1 Like