Pursists should have minimal influence on D2R

This is your first ever post OP yet you are strangely familiar with phrases that are used only on this forum… I wonder who that really is?

5 Likes

Mr. Lurker, perhaps? I lurked here a bit before I decided to post.

It is not about muleing. It is about inventory management.

Inventory management is separate from stash management, true. While I don’t care about stacking in inventory (am against it), I’m completely for it in stash. Heck, I’d prefer a dedicated stash tab for both runes and gems. Especially with an “upgrade” button that upgraded all runes not needing a gem to upgrade and upgrades all gems. Would even pay a few bucks for one.

Yep its not the same already. Thats why its need to stop with the bs changes.

Doesn’t really explain how stackables in stash would be game-altering? To me it is, but only in the QoL time-saving sense.

1 Like

When you search for gems there was never a problem with not enough place in your inventory. But if you can stack in stash then that means you going to pick up all gems and storeit at your inventory. But in this way you going to have more gems. If you have more gems that means inflation.

Not to mention everybody knows blizz is incapable at makeing changes. If they allow stacking they going to allow it in stash and inventory. They dont care.

If we had the original Blizzard North making the changes, sure. Acti-Blizzard cannot be trusted with changes to D2R. Simple as that.

5 Likes

You lost be at having approx 3 years of your life in game. Possible, but seems like a lie.

Keep those changes in a expansion. Everyone wins.

Some players (like me) spent a great deal picking up gems as it was an early ladder path to some wealth trading pgs for Ists. You might go back to town more often, but it made a bit of money for the cost of a tp scroll. Took up mule space, but that was unlimited back then. It’s not in D2R - and this exacerbates the non-stackable problem. But, this gem farming took time. It also took time (and lots of clicks) to move gems around, upgrade gems, etc.

If a player doesn’t want to pick up gems, there’s no reason they have to. How would having stackable gems force players to pick up gems they’d otherwise ignore? It would only impact them if those chose to do so.

And “inflation” in the gem market really can’t be a thing. How many chipped gems does it take to build 40 pgs??? I don’t think people are going to be dedicated hours farming gems to earn an Ist…

Making these stackable honestly doesn’t change game behavior, unless a player lets it. But, it will change my behavior, as it frees up considerable time so I can get back to H&S faster!

Gems aren’t worth a crazy amount. Use HR stacking as a better example.

Even so, you’ll just mule the 40 Jah/Ber you have to another toon. You’ll never not pick up and hold a HR. Inflation will exist from Day 1 and won’t ever slow down unless people quit, within non-ladder. Ladder inflation resets periodically.

The point is stacking runes actually doesn’t cause enough inflation to care about. Sure a few more el runes will be picked up because they stack, but it’s 14.2 TRILLION El runes equal one Zod.

1 Like

Until release we dont know what type of players come into the game. There going to millions of new faces. And again. If they allow it to stack in stash im pretty sure they also allow it to stacj in inventory cus actiblizz is famous of stupid decision.

I can’t argue with you there! Seriously, if it’s stash only, I’m OK with stackables. If it’s in inventory too, I’m 101% against it.

My main point was a complaint about the amount of time I spend screwing around with runes and gems in my stash. It robs me of my precious little game time in the meta-game, robbing me of my H&S time! Stackables can help cut this time down (especially with a dedicated tab for each), which is why I liked the idea originally.

Priceses should be roughly the same like in golden era of d2.

Inflation comes when you have easier way to make pg’s. We got more players that ture so more player sells to the market but also more player going to buy pgs so in normal situation inflation is not going to happen.

Zod rune… oh…my…god. WHO CARES ZOD??? Look finaly on the runewords and learn which one worths more.

See. Time. If something takes more time then its worth more cus you going to have less. But if comes a new method (stacking) what saves you lot of time (and also the newbies also going to have much easier time) then this is a straight path to inflation. But maybe im wrong and it would be not that big of a problem.

What im sure if they allow stacking they allow it everywhere cus actiblizz is very incompetent at balancing.

You do 1 post to troll lmao.
Gimme back d2 without huge waitline and without bots and i give a f for d2r.

1 Like

Nothing is changed on the “input” side of the equation. This precludes the possibility of inflation…

But the point is well taken here. I’d rather them not do anything if they screw up bigger things in the process. Inventory size to me is a critical design bottleneck and rightfully so. It’s why I don’t really care for charm tabs. A step in the wrong direction.

But, I will add: these VV chaps seem to know what they’re doing, and do it well. Mr. Fergusson also seems to care about the “spirit” of D2. I’m hoping the combination of these two things can stop some of the madness that always comes from the suits who sign all the checks… :confused:

Well actually hope is a luxury thing when actiblizz is around.

You just need to look on wow. Since the release of the game there are 25-30% difference between dps classes. And wow was released 17 years ago. Yet still today there are huge balance problems between dps. I lost hope already.

1 Like

still dreaming i see

2 Likes