Purists will kill this game early with their fear of change

PoE spiritual successor of d2, this must be a joke. Justin bieber is the spiritual successor of freddie mercury then. I cant take your opinion seriously after reading this.

About the ping, are you really willing to play in a server located 5k km away from you? That wont happen unless you force it to happen to play with friends. There will be an automated process to chose the one closer to you or a feature like in pd2 to choose the server you want to play in. Do you know what desync is?

Yes this would be a downside from many players, and why I’d be reluctant to implement personal loot unless autopick software weren’t able to be combatted, anticlimactic to
see nothing from baal a 5 runs in a row, which would happen on occasion

1 Like

In the scenario of 3 item drops among 8 players:

In a personal loot game, not everyone gets a drop. Typically 5 would not, but since it is a binomial distribution, you may get a game where one player gets 2 drops, 1 player 1 drop and 6 players nothing. Other combinations are possible).

This is the same in FFA-only game where by definition 5 players get nothing in a FFA game.

1 Like

NO. IT. DOES. NOT.

They are not that stupid to not account for that. This is absolute nonsense.

If it is a joke, then an overwhelming amount of ARPG players must not be getting it, as they do believe it to be as such.

I don’t care much for the game despite playing it a lot, but I can definitely see why people would see it as a successor to Diablo 2, ranging from the dark atmosphere to the… Eh… “Build Complexity”, if I have to say it.

I said some term PoE that way. If you do a google search with “PoE spiritual successor Diablo”, google yields about 688,000 results.

So what server is it going to choose if I live in Los Angeles and am playing with someone in Basel, Switzerland? I am pretty sure that the server will either be distant from us both or at least one of us.

Thanks for the response. I’d think that would be too weird to justify the change. Not sold either way besides defaulting to the ‘no changes’ camp for now.

I kinda liked the thrill of trying to click faster on 8 player Baal kills. I was just there for xp anyways. If I want to MF, I’d do it solo and farm Meph/Andy.

I’m assuming botting and pickit will be limited or inexistent. Otherwise we need a solution.

I think if there was ‘personal loot type filter’ it would require a game type section and even more filtering that would split player base. Typically I’m against splitting a player base in any regard.

1 Like

I agree completly. Small things espcially if they are toggleable like auto looting gold, does not hurt to noone. But big fundamental changes to spells and loot are another thing.

3 Likes

I can calculate the precise odds of this happening… Just let me know on the average number of Baal item drops and how many players are in the multiplayer game.

If Baal on average drops 5 items in an 8 player games, the odds that a player would get no drops at all among those 25 total Baal drops is 0.035497790793257 (or 1 in 28).

My guess is balance changes are fairly likely, since Blizzard has already suggested this possibility. Optional loot systems is less likely.

You are obviously a poe player, i respect that, but you cant compare a masterpiece as d2 to a random game. You like the loot drop form poe and want it to be implemented in d2r, ok, i have to dissagree as you want to change the game to be closer to the one you like.

You cant have a good gameplay experience playing with someone who is 5k km away from you, you can choose the one you want, but you will have a bad experience.

As you may know, or maybe not, the opener of the game is the one that is getting the server ip and if someone else joins, he goes to that same ip, obviously the one that joins will be playing form a differrent distance from the server that the opener as long as they dont play from the same home and they will have different ping.

There will not be a global server, obviously, there will be a global realm wich is different.

1 Like

That’s kinda the point though, people expect to see a bunch of items on the ground every time they kill baal in a group. They may not get all those items, but they saw them (less so since autopick destroyed this aspect of the game)

To those players, seeing those items is an important part of their experience, though it’s not a question that personal loot is a “fairer” system.

Not everyone wants fairness in this game

2 Likes

They said it would be true to the original with a few toggleable things like auto gold pick-up. I won’t knock it till I try it~

Meh, the d2 active players is low if you run it for a new game, they want more players then the current one.

we all here obviosly love diablo 2 since we have bought the remaster, and most of us wants an improved version of it. there is no roof for how much they could remaster, its not just about graphics.

dont like it? stick to OG d2.

2 Likes

I play lots of games. I started out with atari and have played many things in between. I played way more D2 (thousand of hours) than PoE (tens of hours). I have experience many games and I see the virtue in options.

You mischaracterize my thoughts. I do not want to change your D2 game experience in D2R. You nd others should be able to select any and all options to keep the game as close to the original D2 as possible. I am simply suggesting adding options for others is beneficial.

1 Like

Multiplayer & Returning Features

• Diablo II: Resurrected retains 8-player multiplayer.

• PvP still exists in the form of the original by opening the party window and engaging hostility.

• Trading still functions the same as the original including chat channels.

• Major improvements to searching server games. Browse all difficulty of games even if you’ve graduated to the higher difficulty.

• Ladder seasons will have reduced durations. Currently 6-months but shorter durations will hopefully incentivize play. No other additional ladder incentives beyond the what the original game provided.

• Characters will no longer expire.

• No more region-specific servers. Diablo II: Resurrected will function off global servers so players in the US can play with their friends in the EU.

• Duplicate names will be allowed but will be appended with your Battletag so other players can quickly identify you.

Does this account for pickit mods? Ping rate? reaction time? ranged vs melee?

You can’t keep throwing out random numbers, like this is a statistics class, and state it as fact.

There are too many variables you didn’t consider, added to the fact that your math is based on made up numbers to begin with.

1 Like

These numbers are for personal loot games. Since the initial drop is personal, a player with a pickit can not take your gear. Ping also does not matter. That is some of the advantages of a personal loot game. The drop numbers in personal loot (as well as global loot) can be precisely calculated. The game software is doing the calculations behind the scenes just like now when the game determines drop/no drop and item quality.

For FFA-only games, the only thing we know is that each player will get 0%-100% of total drops. If a player is using pickit to grab “everything”, that player likely would be more than 12.5% (of course it depends on the pickit seting)

Woah woah woah… Hold on now. You’re saying that the Remaster will not erode characters for Multiplayer?

Please tell me this is true, because that’d be the best thing ever.

Yes this has already been confirmed.