PTR Testing Thoughts and Results

Thought I’d start a thread where people can post what they are finding on the PTR.

new set has a very steampunk feel to it. kinda cool and different…

seems like the 10k needs a boost, sort of clunky play when you lose momentum swapping between primaries, the strafe thing is ??? - but damn the pull with frozen strike is insane…

hoping DiE gets his stream back up soon…

An hour ago the 6 piece wasn’t working at all! I posted a few early results here.

1 Like

My first thoughts after playing a few rounds up to GR90:

• Bola is not a good damage skill. At least not for me, as it relies too much on huge density.
  • I saw dmkt with a HA-only build at GR100, and it worked way better for me
  • Using multiple primary skills is probably not intended. Bola + HA for different targets may work somehow, but using ES as a buff for HA or Bola is probably not worth it.
  • I kinda like the set mechanics. Standing still for a while shooting primary skills, then strafe a little bit to change position quickly (and gain toughness by it), then fire again the primary main attack. I don’t think that stutter-step will be the way to go here (as someone wrote in the PTR forums) - it feels more like a ranged S6 (at least the HA variant).

But the damage is too low, I think. Don’t know by which multiplier, but it clearly needs some buffs.

3 Likes

I agree with about everything Hebalon said.

I dig the playstyle of the new set. Hungering Arrow seems to work better than bolas for me. Also, Devouring Arrow rune works better than Spray of Teeth for me. But the first part could be that Hungering Arrow only requires a quiver, while bola needs a bow and quiver, limiting your options for the cube to and mainhand to Dawn and Leonine.

When I saw the first iteration of the set in the first Patch notes, I thought maybe we could drop Dawn for OrotZ for perma Vengeance thanks to strafing all the time but that turned out not to be the case. That was a bit disappointing but it tempered by the playstyle the set does have.

Anyway, yeah, Hungering Arrow seems to be the way to go because it gives more option with the new set.

I also got better results in UE Hungering Arrow because of this same reason but many many folks are better than me with UE so it could be that they’re just better at playing squishy than I am.

I had to use Fortress Ballista to kind of keep my Squirt’s up, but I didn’t try using a different jewelry set other than Squirt’s and BoW.

So the new set seems my best option for a generator centric build. It needs a huge damage buff though, but I found the set fun to play despite that, so hopefully it gets its damage buff before PTR ends.

Give straight UE6 a chance with Endless Walk/CoE/Elusive. You can use entangling and HA, no spender. Smooth tanky play

I’ll give that a try. I’ll have to use the new SoJ because my only good Traveler’s Pledge has lightning on it because I used it in S6 a long time ago.

I’ll see how it goes. I think it will go well because Odyssey replaces CoE for the time being.

Edit:

It went well. Only ran a 110, and a conduit pylon saved me but I can see what you’re talking about. My one problem was having to aim Entangling Shot pretty well. So used to just pointing in the general direction to get things to explode. lol Multi-shot and Evasive Fire spoiled me, lol.

But yeah, I think it’s a good set up. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like