PTR Rend; Devs did great & Careful with your feedback

Ambo’s does apply the equipped rune from the skillbar.

Shouldn’t this be a bug?

What element xx% does Ambo’s benefit from or it doesn’t by design?

What? Ambo applies Rend.

The base rune is Physical if you don’t choose a different element rune.

There is no reason to do that. Simply reduce the rend damage. Simple number change and be done with it.

1 Like

Sorry, I misread that.

I understand and share your passion for barbs but sorry - that’s plain wrong. One of the best players around, 10K paragon Ze Darkpatator has already cleared 140 with WW with assumingly minimal fishing (I mean ptr has been up for a day), a clear mistake on the conduit and a bad second floor. Watch how quickly the guardian goes down

His best chantodo clear (and rank #1 world) is 144, pre-nerf. Post nerf it will be significantly lower, especially with the idiotic proc coefficient way the nerf is implemented.

Please, be accurate with hard facts when responding to cries for nerf if we are to enjoy at least one season of strong barbs. Knee jerk angry reactions cause more unwanted cries for nerf from non-barbs

4 Likes

Feedback and Analysis is live.

Chime in there. Keep it civil, even when deflecting/arguing against trolls.

Keep it visible, keep it on top, and keep the community pressure firm.

We did it once, Barbs. We can do it again.

2 Likes

@ Alex

That video is 10,000 paragon, gg fester floor 1 with great conduit. Looks like 140 material to me on several classes, not just Barb Rend.

Not OP.

StatPact, WD, and DH could all have cleared that rift on 140.

7 Likes

Of course I agree. I do not imply that rend is overbuffed, nor do I support any kind of nerf.

hmm…

I do not see any 140 clears in the current era worldwide for demon hunters. There are only two 140 clears for witch doctors in the entire world this era (both America region).

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/leaderboards/normal_rifts.html#toladder

Is there a problem with the updates to the diablo3ladder website?

The top 10 in the current era for DH

P Reg Tier Battletag
1 139 Sky <CRC>
2 138 Ulmaguest <王者歸來>
3 138 Maroder <CRC>
4 137 Styx
5 137 Лёва <CRC>
6 136 MAHARAJAH
7 136 Elysion <결�>
8 136 Crucifix <IDeaL>
9 135 Mephony <Era>
10 135 makila <Tkk>

Top 10, Current Era,
Witch Doctors

P Reg Tier Battletag
1 140 Ubiquity <DTMS>
2 140 Okaper <王者歸來>
3 139 Rzeźnik <mHm>
4 137 Boo <Attack>
5 137 ArtOfHY
6 137 비세리온 <IUWe>
7 137 爽幾手
8 137 Ciam <Tkk>
9 136 Horasohn <Era>
10 136 Krom <UD>
1 Like

Any thoughts about Rend Barb in group yet:

Could it be an alternative to Rats in ~116-121?
Could it be a viable BK in 140+?
Could it change the “meta” for group?

Pretty sure it would work well with Bazooka in 2 player as hybrid Supp+BK.

In theory you only need WW and I guess WotB as skills, so you can use IP, Rage Flip, Wrenching Smash and either Warcry, Falter or Charge.
Supp barb gems are also not so crucial.

Darkpotato killed 140 boss in 95 sec.
As BK with Sunkeeper, Ambos (with elite damage) worn and Furnace cubed you would gain ~80% elite damage vs. the 30% IB bonus.

Belt slot would be a problem though.

I was given the info at T2 how to post a link gratefully by some well-meaning board followers.
So I am paying it forward and returning the favor.

You can post links, they are only not ‘clickable’…Here is a screenshot of how-to - a link, I am T2 as well. You paste it then highlight and click the </> - cheers

http://prntscr.com/plmsyh

1 Like

There’s at least a non-zero chance that the devs might appreciate that we talk about all the pros and cons like adults. I choose to hope so, anyway. At the very least it makes the conclusions we end up with far more credible.

1 Like

Are you being dense on purpose? I’m saying WD and DH have the damage to clear the map Darkpatator showed in the video.

1 Like

My point was the top DH and witch doctors most likely had a similar map in the current era when they were trying to push. Therefore, it is hard for me to conclude that DHs could have done it since none has done it this era according to diablo3ladder.

1 Like

Have you even played DH? How is it hard for you to conclude? Look at the data you yourself posted, the #2 138 clear is me in 12:50.

If you actually played these builds instead of only looking at LB data you’d know what they’re capable of doing.

A good DH would eviscerate DarkPatator’s map on 140 and with a faster time.

5 Likes

If this was easy, then why has no DH did it in the current era?

The hyperbole does not help your argument.

P Reg Tier Battletag
1 139 Sky <CRC>
2 138 Ulmaguest <王者歸來>
3 138 Maroder <CRC>
4 137 Styx
5 137 Лёва <CRC>
6 136 MAHARAJAH
7 136 Elysion <결�>
8 136 Crucifix <IDeaL>
9 135 Mephony <Era>
10 135 makila <Tkk>
2 Likes

Because people get tired of fishing, get bored with the game, or just plain stop caring about LB.

Look at the data yourself. 138 in 12 mins 50 seconds.

Can’t you understand that that means it can also do 140?

DarkPatator’s map is something other classes can do on 140 as well. I’m really not understanding the argument that a near perfect scenario with 10,000 paragon is indicative of Rend being overpowered.

Definitely not OP compared to WD and DH.

8 Likes

I do not know if it is still there, but there was a DH several months ago, maybe 6? - that proved a point with paragons and the UHE build and reached those levels. I am pretty sure it is not there now. They had ridiculously high paragon level next to everyone else so they may have been a botter and removed, I have NO IDEA what happened to them.

Yes Micro,

Please stop being dense on purpose and biased.

3 Likes

To get this topic back on track they have made Wastes flexible. We had basically 2.5 builds (Crimson as the .5) that required a ridiculous level of specific rolls down to secondaries to work well. The highest performing version with Istvan’s is incredibly difficult to play or to even learn to get the hang of.

With the new changes you can do almost anything and it will work at a reasonable difficulty level. At Para 1150ish and no augments I was able to use things like; the BK set and Aquilla in the cube for toughness and no Fury worries, variations of Ambo+ other 1 handers equipped, 2 handers such as Furnace or IKBB equipped. And the biggest surprise to me Istvan’s with Fury of The Ancients in the cube for a super effective set of ‘training wheels’ for that play style. Together as One and the free Fury rune gave me both damage reduction and no Fury issues.

I’m sure it will shake out that there is only one “best” build for pushing, but as is there is now more than we have ever had for a variety of needs to get there.

I really want these changes to stay as is.

2 Likes