PTR is delayed until further notice

Just to be clear, the first paragraph of that blog says:

Patch 2.6.9 PTR is delayed until further notice.

In the title, enclosed in parentheses, it now says:

(Week of 5/24)

It does not say “On 5/24”.

Most people and businesses consider Sunday to be the first day of a week. So, the week of 5/24 could be any day, Sunday 5/24 through Saturday 5/30.

(Scrolling through the rest of the posts here, I see some have already pointed this out).

4 Likes

LET ME GUESS BECAUSE OF COVID smh

We will still have enough time to test. Give or take a few days.
Also, I feel like S21 might be a bit shorter for me than usual. The season theme doesn’t look that appealing tbh…

I’m not surprised as I’ve come accustom to Blizzard never being on time and always delivering news at the last minute. I’m also pretty sure they knew they weren’t ready for the go live date, when they announced it.

Jay Wilson ruined this game, there is no fixing it.

Most people and businesses in the USA might, but most people and businesses everywhere else in the world do not…

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/days/

According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and last day of the week.

Although this is the international standard, several countries, including the United States and Canada, consider Sunday as the start of the week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

The ISO week-numbering year starts at the first day (Monday) of week 01 and ends at the Sunday before the new ISO year (hence without overlap or gap).

1 Like

Umm…     And just where is Blizzard located?  

3 Likes

Blizzard’s head office being in the USA doesn’t alter the fact that the people and businesses of the USA and Canada are not most of the world.

2 Likes

So? You generalized “most people and businesses”. Outside US the week starts on Monday, not Sunday. Just because US is an oddball (in numerous ways) doesn’t mean their way is the mainstream way.

4 Likes

How bored is everyone to be debating about what day the week starts in various countries?

This hardly seems like an issue to argue about. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

We are bored because the PTR is delayed :wink:

3 Likes

Go for a walk. :walking_man: :walking_man: :walking_man: :walking_man: :walking_man:

1 Like

I was hoping to be playing on the PTR whilst eating and drinking the magic snacks you conjured for me in another thread. As they’re magic, they’ll keep until next week, I guess.

With reduced work hours, or no job at all, I would think a lot of people are getting bored right now. I guess, be lucky that people are only debating the start of a week or work week vs. any other topics they could be discussing.

I was looking forward to the PTR. IWD: EE fatigue is starting to settle in. Well, that and a nice dose of cabin fever. That includes a 2 mile walk everyday too.

Read a book :open_book:. Take the dog for a walk :dog:. Bake some bread :bread:

2 Likes

Everyone bought yeast already.

1 Like

This is taking longer than I expected.

Nothing new I have to read. I don’t want to purchase online anymore.

government quarantine forbids me to do this

I don’t have an oven.

I suppose thing take awhile to fix with a blind man and a seeing eye dog

Have you tried playing diablo 3 ? Cause you seem to have very poorly built characters, I am sure you could have some fun trying to improve them ? You’ll see, it kinda like playing on the ptr but you keep the drops forever !