PTR : Do you test stuff before releasing?

Number tweaks dont fix trash playstyles.

15 Likes

Correct, but it has never been so.

S18 (iirc): new WD dagger build broken (minions did no damage), not fixed during PTR, launched untested

S19: Monk and Sader were garbage and redesigned for launch untested (resulting in another patch because Sader got out of hand)

S20: Barb set was garbage, Hydra weak and full of bugs. Barb remained garbage, Hydra was partially fixed (still doesn’t attack slime spewers, right shoulder graphically broken), but nerfed into meh. WD powerful but squishy as hell, no fun.

S21: more stuff launched without anybody giving it a 5min playtest. Or maybe they tested on T6.

There is a PTR Feedback Forum…

1 Like

Sorry, forgot that this forum is only supposed to be about “make D4 like D2” or “how to make D2 remaster”.

5 Likes

haha yes there needs to be a d4 section as well

Seasonal buff isnt useless… it makes a really cool sound and sometimes it helps you see better, and if a mob is like under execution range it could potentially finish them off!

Ya its not useless its just not useful ; )

2 Likes

Imagine deleting the frostfire build and putting this in the game instead. LMFAO

1 Like

of course they don’t test anything. I would also like to know how they (or rather a man or woman) works there. how can he/she design just a few senseless sets after a few months? do he/she works there 1 hour a week?

It’s the classic team. They probably give Diablo a few days a month of attention. Only the community managers have daily engagement.

1 Like

Yeah…and they clearly never played it as all parts of S21 with its theme and DH sts are utter trash.

Look, you guys are putting alot of criticism on the last guy to work at D3. He cant mop the floors, feed the hamster to keep the server running, AND play the game to “test” new item effects.
Thats your job! And you willingly do it! You go nuts when the PTR is delayed by a few days, then rush out to do Blizzards job for them for free. Then complain about how crappy the new items are. Blizzard ignores all feedback, pumps up some damage numbers, nerfs a few things (roll 1 1-10 dice), and poof…new season. Rinse and repeat.

4 Likes

I know, but it’s kinda hard for me to believe that there ain’t nobody thinking straight in D3 dev-team, there’s gotta be at least one cause they’ve showed potential, or at least used to, when it comes to sets and gear in general.
So all this makes but one question ring in my head, either the “boss” of D3 is a 3 year old brat that still ain’t to understand the basics of life yet alone gaming, D3 in particular, BUT it has to be hes way, cause you know… boss, OR the team got hit so hard in the back of their head that not even themselves realize how wrong/worse thing are slowly but surely evolving.
I don’t know, maybe I have way to higher expectations or maybe I’m missing something, or maybe something else, but is it so hard to just ducking LISTEN what the voice of the majority has to say? The same people you are asking every 3 months for opinions, or better said just to do (a part of) your work??
Until the time comes, only the player has something to lose.

I don’t think that’s the case. D3 has a dev-team, or at least it should have but that’s another story. In this story devs are the middle-man, the delivery guy, they are the first to take the first and most hits, sometimes wrongfully, sometimes not so. They have supervisors, a manager and whatever they need to, and ALL as a TEAM must deliver.
Now there are 2 possibilities:

• someone is just giving orders not knowing how this whole thing works BUT his word is the LAW
    or

• nobody gives a duck, being it dev or higher

On the other hand I don’t and can’t put the whole blame on devs, there’s gotta be someone who can still think and see this is all garbage but what can a single guy do, and I bet whatever there is at least 2 guys in that team that are way pissed at what’s happening every season.
Nobody’s blaming the last guy nor the first, but the TEAM.
And YES, we are doing Blizz’s work, form free, some may find it good, personally I do, but it’s testing, not creating… WE have to test the things they prepare for at least 3 months before they go live full of bugs, not to see IF they work or not as a whole. Take the last 2 sets, DH and Necro, what would anyone new to the game or a 20 year experienced player think of this? could or would you play it? There is a slight (not) difference between public testing and just testing.
As for this…

I’m afraid you’re dead right, but then again that’s what we still got left plus a forum just for this reason

3 Likes

PTR has been up for 24 hrs. The dookie is really hitting fan over down in that forum. Especially regarding the DH set.
One has to wonder where that brand new CM is during all this.

3 Likes

They playtest it for months. If the sets are weak that means their upper threshold is held down by some other Set, so it kept that way in the name of balance. They’re well aware the powers of Set potentials. Please see Cederquist’s post about 10k paragon level Barbarian doing one tier above of their calculations on the Rend-WW set.
They playtest that for months but still obliged to give you something because masses of people cried about it. You can’t please everyone.

What balance?? DH is one of the most “pass” class in the game. And how do you test something that doesn’t work? The sets description says something but the set is doing something else. And lets say that 51% of the players that join the PTR can’t really play, what about the other 49% (although I haven’t yet seen somebody saying that the new set(s) are THE long awaited thing). And it’s true that you can’t please everyone, but you should be able to please at least 50%

This is the thing that caught me off guard. I assumed the free generator would work for F/R and all that, but it seems like it doesn’t. A stop/start WW type build sounds like a nightmare to play.

1 Like

Because working with 10s is easier. Say it does 112 on average and it needs to hit 130. Then it is easier to calculate the 1.17^(130-112) to multiply with 10 rather than if they started out at 17,500%.

Thou we should expect it to go up to 30-35,000%.

When person A codes code 1 and person B codes code 2 and person C codes code 3, it is very likely that code 1 causes code 2 to do something that makes code 3 not work.

We will know after the weekend as they usually gives us time to try things out before they confirm their intentions.

Oh my god. I hope you are trolling…

I truly start to believe that in blizz there is Larry The Janitor AKA D3 LEAD DEVELOPER.

Playing hockey? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I almost only see negative feedback. and the players have a clue about the game. there are already a lot of threads with high quality feedback.
the fact is that whoever designs these strange sets doesn’t play the game and has no idea about the current situation.

4 Likes

As developer i would go bright red with shame releasing such a crap to my community of players…

7 Likes