PTR : Do you test stuff before releasing?

After 1 week of delay, we have to wait 1 more week for the buff of those crappy new set.

Everybody in less than 5 mins have understood that the new set was weak, don’t you realize that your set was weak while working on it for months ? Did you test your own stuff before releasing the PTR ?

You don’t need our feedback when it’s obvious.

41 Likes

i think the people that make the sets don’t play the game so they don’t know what numbers to put so they put 10k dmg and think its ok :laughing:

6 Likes

It does kinda feel like the person who made the sets didn’t actually playtest them at all.

10 Likes

ya that’s what it seems like to me

1 Like

Yeah, 10000% for primary skills (rather than spenders) sounds sort of like a wet paper towel being used as a weapon. At most, maybe good for farming. Like take Manald Heal (14000% buff) and electrocute. Don’t see that build doing anything Grift-breaking.

But maybe the new set can be combined for it’s mobility and damage reduction w/ another set that buffs spenders?

They don’t play their own game, as evidenced from the “seasonal effects” alone.

18 Likes

I cannot believe that they touched DH set, cause it is not possible to play with it. I am not talking about high GP now. Blizzard, what’s wrong with you? Do you play your game? A person who makes a decision about changes in Diablo - it is a wrong person for this position. Find one who loves this game and plays it.

17 Likes

I think the point of PTR is to test stuff before releasing it…

2 Likes

Doesnt seem like they do test it before letting us test it…

Would be hilarious if the ones in charge of creating new items/sets dont even play the game or just plays it casually. Someone who plays enough where they know every inch of the game should be in charge of creating well-balanced items/sets.

2 Likes

Dh set is too weak, 4p should proc 2p. Stop strafing to build stack? I wont play that.

Also the season buff does nothing, it’s just a cartoonish feature now. Doesnt need s19 power but some middle ground would be good. At least now when you cant really control when the buffs happen like you could in s19.

6 Likes

I am grateful for the PTR. It is explosive fun!

I’m getting tons of legendary items vs gray damaged ones (it is the exact opposite in the live version where I get tons gray damaged items vs legendary items).

It’s grrrrreat! It’s suuuuuuper!

1 Like

Why do you ask this? It is clear that they dont even try numbers and set mechanism before release. Everything they do is random. My 8 yrs old brother can see and say new dh set is unplayable compared to other sets. Also i dont even think diablo 3 have a team. It feels like there are 2-3 people working on d3 and randomly making sets and patch notes. You can feel this while playing.

People, keep in mind that this 10k% damage buff on both new sets is just the initial test value. Doing tests on the PTR with those values already gives the devs valuable data so that they can adjust the sets accordingly when they do the mid PTR update.

8 Likes

I think percentage of damage is not the point - point is why they put Strafe into such kind of inconsistent dealing cycle. Or at least they should allow the Strafe keeping the Momentum cycle. Under current situation, the 4 Set bonus means nothing even for T16 Normal Rift.

3 Likes

The damage percentage is the point, just not the only point. People are complaining that the 10k% particulary in the DH set is not enough, making the set underpowered. I simply reminded them that it is just the initial test value. All previous new sets had 10k% main damage buff when first introduced and then adjusted based on PTR testing.

But of course there are other aspects needing a change too.

I could get banned in forum for this but:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5 Likes

Increasing the damage alone on the 6pc is not enough. There are way too many things mechanically that has to be fixed.

10 Likes

To me this is no PTR but a still development phase, and it’s useless to prove me wrong. In PTR we should test how the things work, not if they work, and how it can get better. Not 1000 bugs per minuite and not major setups. In PTR we should test the things how they’re supposed to work in the season, and make a few adjustments not trying to create the build from scratch. This lack of professionalism in developing this game or season or whatever is starting to get out of hand. I’m not accusing the devs or Blizz but both, you supposed to be a team damn it… Act like one.
before the release of this or any other PTR, fire up a few PCs and let someone play a bit with the new changes and see it it’s ok for public testing. Doing that eases our nerves and work but also yours, or is it ok to read 10000000 threads of complaints and then and only then make a few adjustments? In that case is no wonder that Ignoring 99% of feedback is a must.
Is it so damn hard to find a balance?

5 Likes

Dont worry next week they change the bonus to 15-20k. Blizzard solution to everything…

1 Like

They could change to 100K, don’t matter. if the set or something is like stop-go-stop-go and so on it’s not playable. No mater what you do you must have some kind of continuity and not stop every 2 second to buff or whatever. Or am i wrong?

13 Likes