PTR 2.7.2 is done, what's your plan for S-25?

The season has ended on the PTR although the PTR server is still online. What are your plans for season 25 when it goes live? Are you rolling Wiz, WD, DH or other class? If you stick with Wiz what build/set are you planning on building up? I believe the free sets will be the same as Season 21:

• Firebird
  • Jade
  • Inarius
  • Sunwuko
  • Shadow
  • Invoker
  • MotE

https://d3resource.com/seasons/index.php

I’m not sure I want to chase WD with the new spider set. I might want to get in on DH with Maras. If I play S-25 I probably will make a Wizard, but I’m not sure of what I want to chase on Wiz. I probably will switch off of FB to something else though once I’ve gotten the early momentum established.

Going to start with WD probably. New Arachyr has some interesting mechanics with this new spider leash. Noticed that during PTR, but didn’t quite refined the technique.

Maybe eventually go for Wiz, but that would be DMO. I just like it.

What are the interesting mechanics that you noticed with the new Arachyr set? The defense side feels a bit awkward to me. Your character has to be standing in the webs but the big spider drops webs where you throw the jar of spiders which in most cases would be away from your character.

Depends on final notes.

If this disgusting nerf (for wiz) goes live as is, I will not play seriously. Instead I’ll just slap some random stuff together that will let me finish the season journey within 50-60 hours total playtime and call it quits.

Let me say this clearly, I hate seasons from the bottom of my heart, and I do not like starting over again. No matter how fun a theme is or whatever, the only thing that would make me play in season for real is an undiscovered broken solo-build that lets me do GR140+ below 2k paragon. Because as a true solo player that’s about the level I can reach with the little time I have to play this game. As things stand, that’s not going to happen

4 Likes

Parking my wiz, if this FB destruction goes through we have no decent builds period.

Building a OP monk.

1 Like

I hear you guys. I can understand your frustration. I’m already looking for alternative horse to ride and disconnecting myself from Firebird.

1 Like

We’re dead last this season so taking a break, holidays are here so not much time anyway. Hoping for some good balances to wiz next season that is not Firebird. Shards are cool though so might play a bit but nothing serious.

1 Like

I’m likely to go with Demon Hunter to start. I’ve always liked the idea of the sentries but didn’t enjoy it before; with the changes, it looks to be quite alright and if the free starter set is Shadow, that’s OK with me… it works well enough to gear for others.

My second character might be a WD using Arachyr as I am enticed by the new spiders…

One day I’ll try the archon set. I just don’t really like the gameplay of the wizard sets; Firebird is easy but I’m kinda bored of channeling always.

But, really, if I get a good shard and some embers, I might change to something else. They make or break it.

Wow! Now this is a real surprise. Blizz you are in trouble now.

1 Like

My gameplay for wiz is dead. I think start braindless one button DH or two button monk.
Disgusting 25s for no mage.

Any mob touched by the spider queen’s thread becomes “infested”. While this condition doesn’t incur any penalties or deal any damage per se, it replicates the damage received by one of such mobs to all other infested ones (specifically, damage done by the spider queen, if I remember right, not any kind of damage).

So a natural strategy comes up:

• Group a pack together, using Piranhado if necessary
  • Direct spider queen at the pack by throwing Corpse Spiders into the middle of it
  • Turn Spirit Walk and run around the pack in circles, marking everyone in it with the thread

Sort of like Area Damage, only gives you a much larger “area” and a 100% propagation.

2 words for you mate, just two words: Swampland Attunement :slight_smile: . Although yes, you are still exposed to lightning and arcane beams, which eventually becomes a problem.

In my experience during PTR, I noticed a considerable reduction of GR completion times when I started to follow this strategy. Eventually I hit a wall, of course (GR 125 with 900 para), mostly due to lightning and arcane.

I’m done with Diablo 3. Sick of the incompetence. They are not even making an effort. Though the WD changes are long overdue, but Wiz going back down to dead last for yet another season? With our best set (FB) being a clunky mess? No thank you.

I never liked MI Firebird’s, but it was nice to have a set that wasn’t a mess like DMO and Tal’s, or physically damaging like Vyr’s.

1 Like

Thanks Rivfader.

Blizz this makes 3 in one day.

Keep in mind I was pushing for a Teleport fix not a jail break because I expect that the nerf hammer will find its way to the FB set in the short-term. When FB is nerfed into oblivion the Wizard class will have nothing in exchange for it. This lead me to push for putting the mobility improvement into the base class as a Teleport fix, and then let the devs bring in buffs/improves in the other areas of the classes and game. If the devs fix Teleport (no jail breaks or clumsy feature exchanges) , then we should have mobility that is on par with the other classes no matter the other changes to the class and game. This means not being as slow as a slug in a mobility-centric game.

Being tied to Aether Walker for teleport freedom means not being able to take full advantage of legendary items in a build. So we are stuck with an ugly choice between mobility and power. Being the all powerful yet slow as molasses class on the team is a reason to kick that class off the team. Min/max’ers have no mercy or patience. Being dependent on a forced march Barb gets old real fast.

I’m not holding fast to FB. I’ll use it in the early game and move on to something else. I have not settled on what that something else is.

1 Like

I never tried Jade, so i’m considering it. I will have a Marrauder DH also for shure.

DH is my preferred character for doing the season journey (mostly solo playing). S23 I also played Wiz after not having touched it for years. S24 I started DH again and because of ethereals I could go as high with DH as I could with Wiz in s23.

I had a wizardspike drop on my DH with Deathwish affix so I had to roll a Wiz again and it was a blast taking turns in running both GoD and FB.

I don’t even wanna touch FB again next patch when I can do the same content, or higher and faster with GoD, Shadow or Marauder. If the season goes well I will even be tempted to try WD (which I played intensively many years and seasons ago… and even before seasons back when Starmetal Kukri was the thing!) or maybe Monk.

Lol BD, fair enough :smiley: I’m usually a huge cheerleader for all these patch changes huh? But just feels bad to have all our other under performing sets get ignored and just nerf our top one. In the past it’s at least been take away then give back to something else. Yes they gave it back for all the other FB builds so it wouldn’t be completely useless but it’s not enough. Shards also don’t favor most our builds at all in comparison to other classes so I felt this was kinda too big of a middle finger to wizards and left a bad taste for me to invest in this time.

2 Likes

They gave NOTHING back. They only decided to not take it away for all… in fact they replaced a huge error with another one. So, well, no matter how you look at it, they’ll only hand out a nerf without offering alternatives. Kinda lame… Yup middle finger, well said.

I would like to see my Typhon idea made reality now. Untested, quick and dirty. And then they can do tweaking during the next one or two seasons like they always do.

5 Likes

Will start with DH most likely, GoD for T16 and Mara for push I think, might make a WD(Zuni) aswell at some point, and if Inna’s doesn’t get nerfed pre season I might make one of them aswell, easy 150 for gemups :slight_smile:

Usually you are quite cheerful and bubbly with anticipation for the upcoming season. So for the devs to screw up bad enough to remove that cheerful and bubbly outlook is quite a negative accomplishment. I’m trying to keep an open mind for S-25 and not let the bitter taste of S-24 linger. I don’t want my favorite class to be sidelined, but it looks like they may have.

@Lexa:
Your Typhon’s idea sounds good.

@Everyone:
It looks like a lot of possible DH and Monk with some WD and Wiz with question marks.

1 Like

DH wizard and maybe monk for me. Marauder was a favorite of mine despite how slow it is. The new changes is alluring :).
I will definitely try to bring up a wizard as well but not sure I might end up playing only one char, I will have to wait and see.