PTR 2.7 Demon Hunter GoD getting nerfed with 2 max pierce

The nerf is stupid. If they wanted to nerf something, it should have been Devouring Arrow, not the set itself.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that they’re trying to direct GoD6 users to Shatter Shot skillrune rather than Devouring Arrow for reasons that elude me. We’ll see why or how and get to test it when PTR arrives.

The fix should be straightforward. Simply, increase the damage modifier on the GoD set bonus. With the nerf to hungering arrow, other primary skills become more viable, assuming that the set is buffed enough.

If you nerf hungering arrow from the core you simply kill other HA using builds’ performance. There are better solutions than making the whole world revolve around “the one” build.

As usual Devs listened to the nerf crowd and as result instead of buffing the GoD build to make it more group friendly or even “slightly” nerfing it, but at least than BUFF other class set to be capable of max clearing a 140-145 (or even 150 GR) to compensate the nerf, but unfortunate common sense or logic is too much to ask nowadays at least when it comes to “balancing items”…:man_facepalming:

I read that in order to mitigate the dmg loss due to pierce cap, the 6-piece bonus has to be raised from 10k to 40k… so yeah, we are talking about a mega nerf here. But let us see tomorrow what results we get from the ptr. Hopefully it’s not as bad as we think

1 Like

I think this is way too big a nerf. Unless they were trying to sunset GoD this doesn’t seem like a good move. Plus it doesn’t even address their stated concern, there are other DH builds that use HA, those would presumably still cause the same broken interaction they said they want to address with this nerf.

In any case I’m expecting this to be a breaking nerf to a build I love playing which is sad but I guess I’ll see. I hope they ditch nerfing GoD altogether but at the very least I don’t think this is a wise way to go about it if HA + missile dampening is the actual issue.

I like other people’s suggestion of removing missile dampening affix. It was cool back in 2012. It doesn’t matter anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah - missile dampening is suppose to hurt ranged - I get it. So running inside the bubble back fires on the mob - so sad. My heart bleeds for the poor mobs. So who complained about this? And isn’t this season suppose to be pro solo players? If they are worried about a single class set out performing then buff the other sets, Blizzard is always quick to pull the nerf trigger.

Garbage in, garbage out.

The nerf hits pretty hard.

I don’t care if they reduce the number of pierces, but please do compensate that by higher damage output and / or shooting more projectiles.

If you guys have any ideas to adjust the nerf, please check out my thread in the PTR Feedback forum to help the developers find the information they need in one place. I will add any good ideas that aren’t already mentioned there.

I think they want GoD6 DH to give a try to Shatter Shot instead but that’s only an opinion.