PTR 2.6.8 - Builds to Test

N6M4 Multishot

Cube: Yangs | DML | RoRG
Weapons: Natalya’s Slayer | Bombardier’s Rucksack
Jewelry Option #1: Endless Walk + Nat Ring
Jewelry Option #2: Squirts + CoE
Wrists: Reapers Wraps w/ zNec

This build will be strong compared to Rapid Fire, and more powerful than N6M4 Multi was in season 16, when it had CoE and no Bombardier Rucksack – over 2x more powerful.

I see speed 125s in 4 min @ 2500 paragon, and I also see solo pushes of 130 @ 3000 paragon. (survival dependent)

2 Likes

After reading the notes, Dawn + DML/Rucksack in cube came to mind! You beat me to it!

Edit: M6 Multishot is also a possibility since you can equip Yang’s + Rucksack and cube Dawn + DML. In your format:

M6 Multishot

Cube: Dawn/DML/RoRG
Weapons: Yang’s/Rucksack
Helm/Chest/Shoulders/Gloves/Boots: Marauder’s
Belt/Pants: Captain Crunch
Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
Rings: Focus/Restraint
Amulet: Squirt

Skills: Evasive Fire, Multishot, Companion (all), Sentry, Vault, Vengeance

While you lose the Zoey’s belt from the M6 build, you make up the toughness with Yang’s + CC3 bonus.

You’re underestimating how much toughness Zoey’s add for M6. Remember M6 has no additional toughness mods outside of the 2pc with boar, and you can’t slot gunes. Yangs+cc3 in terms of defense will not come close to making up for what you lose defensively, especially while wearing squirts.

A good player may be able to squeeze at max 2 more GRs out of M6 MS at the cost of some extreme fishing.

Hmm, if the toughness loss is too much, can drop the Focus/Restraint combo for CoE + Elusive?

Edit: or even more extreme: Unity + Elusive

Then you’re back to square one in terms of power, just in a different way. :confused:

I could be wrong, but from theorycrafting, most possible outcomes will net us between 1 or 2 GR’s, usually at the cost of defense somewhere. We’ll get the satisfaction of finding different variations to reach similar GR’s that we do now using the same sets/builds, but nothing that’ll entice players to say “oh I got to play DH this season!”

The build that gets the biggest bump that will interest some players is n6/m4 MS.

Hmm, yeah it would then just be an alternative to the standard UE Multishot. The other option is to drop the RoRG and CC set so you can wear Zoey’s and get a free cube slot for Elusive.

Not that it’s a great choice but the old UE Grenades might be a decent build this season. Not like 120 and up good, but the season theme would allow CC3/UE with Hellcat Waistguard and either Aquilla or Depth Diggers in the cube.
You’d lose Buriza but maybe CC3 would make up for it or maybe it wouldn’t. Alternatively, you could drop CC3 and wear Hellcat and either Aquilla or Depthdiggers have the other in the cube, and any combination of RoRG, CoE, Elusive and Squirt’s in the cube and worn. Or maybe replace one of jewelries with Buriza.

Anyway, there’s a lot of experimenting folks could do with build if they’re not interested in pushing the leaderboards.

All that said, it could still wind so underwhelming that it isn’t worth messing with. I’m not good enough with math to do the calculations before hand to tell one way or the other.

Either way, I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot just to see if there is any improvement at all.

That all said, it’ll probably be the old UE/CC3 again for this season for me.

1 Like

UE6 Grenades is item locked. There are no free slots except for the weapons, but you can’t pair buriza w/ some crossbow.

If you drop RoRG, you gain… nothing (well depth diggers in another spot). RoRG kind of does the same thing as season buff.

1 Like

Next season you can use any item in any cube slot. You could have 3 armors, three rings, or three weapons, or any combination of those.

Edit: maybe you’re right. I won’t argue/

You forgot Hunters wrath belt, which is why dmkt said the build is item locked.

You must have buriza, and you must have both hellcat and hunters wrath (wear one, cube the other) which means CC3 isn’t possible because it takes a belt slot.

The only flexibility you’ll have is whether or not you want to use RRoG or depth diggers in the 3rd slot come next season and they accomplish the exact same thing.

Unfortunately that’s it :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, realized that a bit late, forgot about Hunter’s Wrath.

Well there goes that idea. Thanks, folks, for enlightening me. Sheesh, thought I had something there. lol

Edit: On another note, I might do a little more experimentation with LoD FoK build I’ve been experimenting with in Non-season just for fun. The season theme looks interesting enough that I might mess around with a LoD build simply because of all the item flexibility LoD gives with even more thanks to the theme.

Not top of the leaderboard stuff but just a little fun stuff to mess around with.

1 Like

Almost every DH build is item locked with very little to gain, 20-25% damage here and there for full time Vengeance from Dawn, or Echoing Fury in the Armor slot for many other build.

You could incorporate LGF into Rapid Fire, but it’s got conflicting elements. Try to incorporate LGF into S6 Impale, but again you’re killing DR. LGF is kind of obsolete like everything else.

Sadly, there’s not much to do, we don’t have armor pieces that significantly buff our damage except for Hellcat Waistguard, most of our skill damage boosters comes from bows, knives and quivers. Only two builds need 3 of these items. (M6 and N6M4).

I’m sure there’s some cube optimization for speed builds – but that’s not going to make someone’s season.

Here’s what may help, look at the skills:

UNIVERSAL ITEMS

• Dawn
  • Echoing Fury
  • CoE

TOP SKILLS

• Rapid Fire - Wojhanni Assaulter, Sin Seekers
  • Multishot - Yang’s, DML, Bomardier’s Rucksack
  • Cluster Arrow - Manticore, Bombardier’s Rucksack, Hellcat Waistguard
  • Impale - Karlei’s Point, Holy Point Shot, Bombardier’s Rucksack
  • Fan of Knives - Lord Greenstone’s Fan
1 Like

How much will the change to Mantle of Channeling damage the RF build though?

You’re right, dmkt.

We’ll be stuck with the same old builds this season that we’ve been running. The only reasonable buff we got was when they re-worked Captain Crimson’s and Aughild’s.

Those were some pretty good changes, I have to admit, but we, like the Barbs had, have so many items that would be decent with just a damage modifier to the skills they enhance or by re-working the legendary affixes of others that modify skills but in a somewhat boring or useless way.

I hope in the patch before season 21 we at least see a huge item overhaul and a set that takes advantage of some of those overhauled items.

I still wouldn’t mind seeing my idea about a FoK/Spike Traps/Caltrops set come to pass but there are lots of other ways they could that would make a really fun set of skills fun to play.

2 Likes

Just to be sure: Rockets don’t work with Buriza, right?

Otherwise N6/M4 with CA and cubed Manticore+Buriza could be some fun …

I allready think it is weird, that grenades are treated like projectiles…and rockets wouldn’t make sense too.

Hungering Arrow
Entangling Shot
Imaple

These are projectiles for me.

Can’t answer your question precisely

Damn, and I was hoping for some well deserved buffs for DH this patch :frowning:
Already came to the conclusion we won’t really have much use of the season theme either, well that sucks.

Maybe we will get some help going to 70 at least with the kanais cube options.
One build getting buffed is kind of sad, but better than nothing I guess.

Speaking for myself, I had a blast with Barb this season, but I want to go back to my favourite DH again in the next.
Will try the N6M4 Multishot build, and if I don’t like it I will just go with UE as usual to complete the season journey.

1 Like

Sadly it does not work.

I love this thread…i can’t wait to test out some of these builds but mega disappointing DH received zero love this patch

6 Likes

I just read the notes and was thinking to myself I can’t wait to see what kind of builds the guys on the forums come up with, then I see this thread. :frowning: