PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

Good: GoD6 DH is not nerfed like many people hoped it to be.
Bad: Bazooka Wiz nerfed I think?
Meh: Twister is viable now, so twisted sword hooray?
Ok: 4th slot in kanai’s cube.

3 Likes

Most Tal-Rasha and LoD channeling variants will be nerfed. I can’t say much regarding Bazooka Wizard as that’s one of the few wizard builds I’ve never touched on.

What kind of balance changes would you like to see?
Me personally, I’d like some changes to skills and skill runes, rather than every freaking change be tied to items.

2 Likes

The new rotation schedule of Haedrig’s gifts will be introduced. I’m wondering, are there new set dungeons designed for the new sets?

…In a world, where balance changes are seen as content…

…one company releases said “content” gradually over time…

…and claims item changes are class changes…

…angry players are angry, because they’ve been waiting for years for their favorite build to become part of the “content”…

…Will the angry players make the company bow to their demands and add more “content”?..

…or will a moderator quickly silence their clumsy words?..

We’ll be phasing in “content” updates.
Coming in Autumn, 2020, rated L for losers.

9 Likes

They certainly didn’t plan on doing so…

…which brings us to the issue of the Season Journey tasks for completing and mastering a set dungeon, i.e. you’ll need to collect a full 2nd set of armour / associated legendaries.

Seems like something that should get some mentions in the PTR Feedback forum.

2 Likes

Does gold pickup radius count towards orbs?

I complain about it every PTR like so many others. Maybe one day they will listen and dump the whole thing. But I doubt it.

4 Likes

New Item* Gelmindor’s Marrow Guards:

What slot is this new necromancer item for? Bracer? Glove?

Also, was the double dip multiplier bug from Trag’oul’s Corroded fang fixed for Spear builds?

Yes? Rhykker managed to confirm this earlier somewhere during his live stream today. The Blizzard rep said the change shouldn’t have specified gold.

4 Likes

Bracer, hence “guards”.

1 Like

The issue here isn’t that there’s still a requirement to complete / master a set dungeon as part of the Season Journey, but that Season 22 will be the first season where the set obtained in the Haedrig’s Gift will not have a dungeon associated with it, i.e. you’ll have to obtain another full set other than the “free” one to complete those Journey tasks.

2 Likes

Yes I get that. But the other thing IS an issue for many other people as well. The fact that it’s part of every single journey is annoying.

2 Likes

Yeah, here’s hoping the take out the season journey requirement in S22.

I normally farm up the set for the easiest set dungeon (that I find at least) for that class so if it happens to be the Haedrig’s Gift set, that’s just a bonus for me.

Agree, it breaks the flow of the season journey. Up until that point, we’re speccing to increase power but with all the power creep, I find myself having to gimp my build. They need to take out the set dungeon requirement as it doesn’t feel organic. There’s the set dungeon conquest for anyone who wants to do it anyway.

3 Likes

That is insanely huge update. Wow. It really made this so-called balance patch look tiny.

4 Likes

Are there any plans to fix the Area Damage lag? Perhaps upgrading the servers? Or re-coding how it functions to not cause the lag?

Will we see more/other item changes for the 2nd week of PTR? Or are you just focusing on just what you have currently showing on this Preview Blog? There are other class sets that really needs to be looked at, some are lacking in toughness and/or damage to be able to contribute/participate in high GR push groups. Please tell me that there’s more!

2 Likes

What’s up with these wacky wizard item changes? These changes completely destroy not only some previous builds (Etched Sigil channel builds), but also possible build varieties because Energy Twister, Arcane Orb and Hydra require so many freaking support items in weapon slots

What’s the point of forcing us to attack with signature spells and Blizzard for Hydra buff in a Typhon’s Veil build if the 6p bonus doesn’t buff those spells?

I can’t believe after so long you still don’t learn that players want to have builds that actually make sense, not these “do random things for no damage and let one spell do all the kill” nonsense.

15 Likes

Honestly, I do not thing that’s a big deal. The items fall so quickly that we soon have all sets available anyway and we can just pick the easiest set dungeon to do (such as Natalya for DH in my opinion).

2 Likes

Seems like everything got a ~200% buff to its damage and we call it a day. Enjoy!

1 Like

We doubled it ™ :rofl:

4 Likes