PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

this theme will be crap for console players who have to deal with NG - it’ll keep proccing the kill streak, when we want to break it, unless Blizzard stops the clones attacks from counting towards said kill streak.

Overall, looking through the notes, nothing of interest for me. I wouldn’t even call this a half hearted effort it’s that bad.

There are 2 things evident from ongoing patches from Blizzard:

1. they hate solo players
  2. they hate console players.
5 Likes

Thanks Blizzard for not buffing Phalanx items and pet builds in general, again… Not even Necromancer’s pet builds… I suppose necro is all about the bone spear now, there is nothing else, why include pets for every class if they are not supposed to be used? , Makes my decision to buy or not Diablo IV a lot easier, seeing how you “balanced” this game after so many years.

2 Likes

Wow no words… I expected a lot for this patch. Should have known better. Did Joe the intern do this on his afternoon break?

5 Likes

It would be nice to have guaranteed socket on jewelry.

4 Likes

I mean, technically the Bone Spears are coming from Necro’s pets. That kind of counts for something.

Also, i am very dissappointed with the new Bracers for the Necromancer. It was well known that Necromancer lacked bracer options for its class, and it has been 3 years since the DLC released. While i am glad that at last we got class bracers for the Necro, the legendary affix they add is a major dissappointment for me. It is extremely niche (it only buffs bone spear and only if used in conjuction with simulacrum and haunted visions amulet or else you get little uptime for the bonus) and mainly affects just 1 build and its variations. And this happens with a class that severely lacks valid build options, most sets are garbage and only LOD builds are viable, and simulacrum with Haunted visions amulet is pretty much mandatory for every build in existence.

Even Innarius, a set that is meant to be used with Bone armor and every bonus has to do with Bone armor, still uses Simulacrum+ Haunted visions and the meta build does not even include Wisdom of Kalan amulet to increase bone armor stacks. Let that sink in for a moment. Land of the dead is mostly useless now, army of the dead has always been useless. It is simulacrum and either bone spear or skeleton mages, and nothing else.

So, you get to make a bracer, at last, and you give it that bonus? WHY?

Let me give a better idea for a more generic bracer for necro that could be used for most builds and become a staple of Necro:

Your pet damage is increased by 300%-400% and damage received is decreased 5% for every pet you have alive.

BOOM! Now that would have been a nice bracer affix. It would single handendly buff necro pet builds with Rathma or Tragoul or LOD, which suck now, and would also give a nice healthy bonus to all other builds and add an incentive to include at least command skeletons in most builds to get the damage reduction. It is the necro, having command skeletons in most builds is healthy. And you could always add a second bracer later to increase damage reduction dramatically if you are alone, like the Stand alone passive, so necro players could choose one or the other…

Is this hard to do Blizzard? Why take the chance to add 1 bracer after 3 years for the necro and make it “bone spear + simulacrum” only? I don’t get it, i really don’t.

2 Likes

SUGGESTION to make roland VIABLE on season 22.

Piro marella - Reduces the Wrath cost of Shield Bash by [40 - 70]%. shield Bash gains the effect of the rune Shield Cross and now deals 400%-500% more damage

Flail of the Ascended - Your Shield Glare deals damage equal to up to your last 5 Shield Bash casts. And your shield bash deals 200%-300% more damage, this effect can stack up to 5 times

The Final Witness -Shield Glare now hits all enemies around you and gains the effect of every rune

Denial - Each enemy hit by your Sweep Attack increases the damage of your next Sweep Attack by 215%, stacking up to 3 times. (this would make roland less terrible on single targets)

Golden Flense - Sweep Attack restores 6 Wrath for each enemy hit and has its damage increased by 300%-500%.

1 Like

Well, compared to previous 2? seasons this one seems and sounds to be finally playable, something more interesting this time.

Since pylons are kinda frequent the shadow might actually be useful + additional kanai cube slot, well it’s something.

Let’s see :slight_smile:

4 Likes

been saying this for a long time. Legendary gems are pretty much essential in this game, so not having guaranteed sockets in a ring or amulet is just plain design idiocy.

When Blizzard values RNG over logical game design and essentially well designed player QOL.

3 Likes

A failed joke there. 200% buff means means tripling, not doubling.

Tbh , a little underwelming… hydras looks cool with all the support items. Zombie bears is boring af… no senergy items like hydra casting frost novas etc. bombardement crus same … one skill and no symergy items except +%dmg on pieces… boring borin boring…

You should have picked skills which are never ever used like bogadile on wd or phalanx on crus. This was the easy route…

It never should have gone in this direction in the first place, but that is what it is right now and it will probably stay that way since they likely have limited staff available.

So unless we get a Diablo 3 Reboot that changes a lot of D3’s core, we are probably not seeing changes to set on a large scale.

Maybe they can buff the amount of XP Solo GR’s give, by whatever amount is appropriate.

I would also say that Solo Grinding should be more like 30% slower than the 4 man meta, not just 50%.

It is the classic team that is working on D3 now, not the Diablo team.
The classic team is also working on various other things.
And Corona is going on.
And maybe even a lot of devs have been relocated to other projects.

I think an additional damage buff of a few hundred percent is enough.

And Drakon’s Lesson is also missing from your list. It also could get a buff and a slight redesign and the 3 enemies limit should get removed.

This is Drakan’s Lesson currently:

• “When your Shield Bash hits 3 or fewer enemies, its damage is increased by 342% and 25% of its Wrath Cost is refunded.”

It should either be this:

• “Increases the damage of Shield Bash by xxx% and when Shield Bash hits 3 or less enemies, 25% of its Wrath costs are refunded”

…or this:

• “Increases the damage of Shield Bash by xxx% and reduce its Wrath Costs by 25%”

im wondering the same thing. Since barb is my main i guess ill be forced to play rend for another few months before they really buff LQ because this change to BotT is low dmg increase

2 Likes

Dey no speek engrish…

just who needs it? For me it would even be better just to find more gold, because I wear a ring with a pickup radius and other items with a gold find when I need gold.
but that little sweet range is like … LOL

3 Likes

maybe in six months? they want to release the “crazy” 2.7 someday … :rofl: until then there will be a lot of cute little patches with epic changes like 1-2% more damage to the useless sets

3 Likes

The Inna’s Mantra 6p buff is laughable. Reading the patch notes is like some kind of a bad joke:

• Spirit of Arachyr : Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 9000% to 17,500%.
  • Helltooth Harness : Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 9000% to 17,500%.

So, 2 of the sets of Witch Doctor, which while not top tier can still be decent in Season 21, got 2X the damage, from 9k to 17.5k bonus…

Following in the patch notes we read:

Inna’s Mantra : Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 750% to 950%.

Seriously? So, you buff other sets that are not trash-tier to double the damage, but for some odd reason you buff Inna’s 6p bonus which no one uses because it is extremely weak, only by like 25%-30%? This won’t change a thing. Why not double this as well? Why not at least 1500% per ally? I don’t get it…

6 Likes

As a DH main, while we don’t have anything new for us, I’m glad they didn’t nerf anything else.

Not sure if this is a new low for me in expectation to DH balancing, but I’ll take what I can get.

1 Like

You already had to do this for many Haedric’s sets anyway, and it happens automatically while leveling your gems anyway.

Well, they had to break the shoehorning all wizard builds into edged sigil/deathwish/channel.

Yeah. This better be permanent.
Also it breaks a lot of second source content like D3planner.
Their own web hero view too probably.

Which will never change, that’s why it is called “meta”.