PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

if you look at the main changes regarding items this patch (mainly wizard that’s for sure) you know what to expect for barbs even in future patches.

as of right now it’s a mess even for wizards.
some new builds get to shine but overall there is no balance at all. just a change of flavor.
let’s see what the final patch notes will show.

if you would advocate for wizards you would have alot of complaints that one is for sure so don’t hold your breath…

If they would buff Tal Rasha, I’d be all in. That’s the only wizard build I’ve ever liked. lol

2 Likes

Hmmm. I am looking forward to “my” shadow fighting with me…
Sounds quite interesting… :slight_smile:

4th cube = more power = higher gr. Always good.

Seems like wizard for me for ptr. Me likey…
Probably season too.

It’s not even 1 class at a time, they are doing it 1 build at a time… and the build they are focusing on this season, the hydra wiz, is the build that just came out last season… I played it last season, it sucked, I don’t really want to play it again next season already, even if it sucks a little less this season.

Many of the older builds are 15-30 GR levels behind current standards and the bonus damage increments they are adding do not look like the will even come close to closing the gap… at least the new Necro item is a new multiplier that should raise that set a few levels, hopefully enough to put it on par with other class sets like PoJ and Wastes

2 Likes

Eh, it’s just the beginning. I’m excited to see what the gurus come up with on the new stuff.

Please fix the Mythic Rythm bug for Uliana set :confused:

Etched Sigil… Please don’t make it Energy Twister centric. it was fine before. Hydra/Typhons just needed an alternative that wasn’t channeling centric which you have created. Give us choices so we can gear based on our drops.

2 Likes

Omg, we’re finally getting Necromancer Bracers! (I think?)

…Annnnnd they buff Bone Spear. Gee, thanks Blizz. So thoughtful of you.

I’ll ask again and again every single PTR preview, PLEASE reconsider one of the Necromancer class sets to involve more of their unused abilities like Bone Spirit.

Please finish our class. That means adding all missing armor transmogs too.

3 Likes

I took care of EU (English) as this thread came out after close of business Friday in Europe.

Buff SHIELD BASH and CHAKRAM pleaseeeeeee <3

totally agree with you brother, maybe they reconsider after reading this ??

EDIT: I replied to a post that isnt exist anymore ?? wtf

1 Like

I don’t recall her saying it would be over multiple patches with different patches focused on specific classes. Can you link a post from her that clarifies that?

Not quite. Morticks was released on its own, which did nothing for us without the later buffs. I’m not saying Barb’s should be at the front of the line–frankly, we can wait while other classes get some TLC, but knowing that there’s a definite plan in place would be nice.

See, they put a teeny tiny buff on Tribes this patch, but that amounts to 2-3 GRs, but the build needs +15 GRs. You see what I mean? I don’t understand why they even bothered to mess with Tribes now if they’re gonna give us more buffs down the road.

I’m not alone in being baffled by the scope of the patch. I think some clarification of the entire balance endeavor would clear up the confusion.

5 Likes

I was super annoyed that the funnel to specific skills were done like this.

I mean, just add the Hydra buffs to the Hydra set pieces like was done with Krelm.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, once again.:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Gurus. :rofl::rofl:

Never seen a larger misnomer in my life!

2 Likes

At least we got a Blizzard item…

Even tho it doesn’t buff Blizzard at all🙄

1 Like

Yes, I know… and we have an equivalent announcement on the French language forums. But that doesn’t give us a blog on the Europe forums.

The Russian forums were able to get enough lead time that they were able to get the blog translated and posted; see Описание обновления для PTR 2.6.10 - Diablo III

They even had time to put the advertisement for it on their D3 main page:

(I’m really glad for them – for a long time, they had gotten very bad treatment in that respect… material often appearing in Russian a week or more after it had appeared on the US English site).

But… what about the other languages ? Heck, even the US region Spanish and Portugese forums still don’t have the blog.

That is very poor handling of communications… and unfair to all the players who don’t read English.

5 Likes

Sader is getting a nice Bomber buff.
But gearing for LoN Bomber is tough. :frowning:

1 Like

Anyone here play the season(s) when there was that bug that made Energy Twister the top DPS build?

Perhaps with this seasons’ “working as intended” buff, they will allow the Energy Twister to have some interaction that allows it to do 150 for next season.

Good: GoD6 DH is not nerfed like many people hoped it to be.
Bad: Bazooka Wiz nerfed I think?
Meh: Twister is viable now, so twisted sword hooray?
Ok: 4th slot in kanai’s cube.

3 Likes

Most Tal-Rasha and LoD channeling variants will be nerfed. I can’t say much regarding Bazooka Wizard as that’s one of the few wizard builds I’ve never touched on.