PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

If blizzard intent was to reduce the usage of Etched Sigil; then they should’ve changed the damage modifiers of both Death Wish and Etched Sigil to affect the channeling skills only instead of having them globally buff the character (then buff the damage modifier of the two items as their current number isn’t enough to help channeling skills). Then buff items like Valthek, Serpent Sparker, The Grand Vizier, etc.

This way, you may actually see builds that use the arcane spenders (meteor, hydra, energy twister, explosive blast, etc.) by themselves without needing to rely on etched sigil’s autocast. What Blizzard chose to do instead however was nerf a majority of Channeling builds without properly shifting the loss power elsewhere.

3 Likes

I read that and am like…what’s the point of buffing something by 1 GR?

1 Like

Could not think of a worse thing for innovation and this is the first time I’ve heard anyone say this in the 7-8yrs I’ve been on this forum.

Items are meant to be flexible and facilitate build diversity. Some builds won’t be top tier but if they’re fun and get the job done for the player, there’s an element of satisfaction for a player to put the build together.

We currently have 3 channeling skills that synergise well with at least 4 spenders (Meteors, Energy Twister, Arcane Orb and I’m including Blizzard despite no damage multipliers… there’s still a synergy). 5 if you include Black Hole which I know some players use with Vyrs and ES.

There’s nothing stopping the devs creating another legendary to provide some form of interaction or uniqueness to a skill that’s already supported by leg items. But what players have been asking for is more skills make viable.

Your suggestion will cause the opposite by taking away skill options now and making it so that we need to have probably 4 items for every skill available. That’s a lot of work for a game in maintenance mode.

4 Likes

Year 2059:

Update 2.6.129 now available! Full description of changes below:

Opus Magnum Delsere: The bonus for 6 items in the set was increased from 150000% to 155000%.

5 Likes

I recently watched Wudijo’s video on adding additional buffs to legendary gems that would offer some deeper thought and diversity to builds and I found it quite interesting.
Recently out of sheer boredom I threw together a LoD Poison Scythe build and a LoD Wizard Mammoth Hydra build. I am really finding myself engaged and tinkering with the builds simply because there is a lot of “wiggle room” in the build compare to the “set” offerings with their “cookie cutter” build guides out there.

On a side note, there is still no love out there for the folks that do not play seasons and really think you need to address that too. The last two seasonal buffs has allowed players to play beyond what they would typically run for GRs and pad their augmenting gems. That along with the extended double bounties have/will have an impact on overall leaderboards skewing the results from here season 20 and beyond.

4 Likes

Yes, please! :pray:t6: :clap:t6:

2 Likes

Yeah, he pretty much a group player (a sniper), RG killer. His single target abilities are a lot of fun though :slight_smile:

Would love to see something done with AD lag.

If the lag can’t be fixed at least have it somehow work such that when I am assigning Paragon Points and I choose not to assign 50 AD points to the set because the build does not do AD I am done with that decision…end of story (until I manually want to go in and update it). It should not be the 1st tab to pop up every time I get a core point to spend, it should not pop up every time I jump back in with that character.

1 Like

Hello – just an update to say that the US Portugese and Europe French blogs have now been fixed. Thank you very much.

Looking forward to Blizzard also fixing the Europe German, Spanish, Italian and Polish versions.

3 Likes

the patchnotes are a joke…first they say that every underperforming set and multiple weaker legs will be buffed and now only less than half the sets that would need a buff get one and only very few legs
the season theme seems interesting (need to see how it plays out) but without enough ajustments across all classes this is another season that falls flat

as a barb main it’s another letdown, no set changes and only the eq buff, which is not even close to the right lvl

• IK needs a big buff to at least give charge and hota a boost close to ww/rend lvls
  • MoTE quite a decent buff, not only for eq, but also for ss
  • R6 needs also a buff but a careful one, not to end up with R6 hota beeing meta again…better buff support legs like the ones for boulder toss instead
  • Frenzy also needs a buff, a good 3 grs in dmg and it would be nice to address its toughness issues

there are many more examples on barb (support legs) and of course all other classes, i’m not even disappointed at this point - just tired of waiting for nothing

1 Like

R6 finally needs some damage reduction…

1 Like

Right. i also played barb for the first time and had difficulties even reaching lvl 75 grift. I have collected and tried out several sets. only after 2k para got something sensible. but compared to other classes, that was kind of pointless. I didn’t have any items for ww back then.

1 Like

Patch looks pretty good for what I read. 4th slot at least. Not much counting on the clone thing. But cube slot is good enough. Thanks for akkans set buff , it wasnt that big but hoping it does better. I must say i really disliked season 21 buff. For the first time i even stopped playing after 2 months. It was extremely aggravating to watch everything miss my elite targets.

• Armor of Akkhan : Buff 6 piece bonus damage from 1500% to 2000% this set fast salvage, need minimum %6000, and this item Akkhan’s Manacles not only first hit
1 Like

Akkhan set can’t be buffed much more, if at all anymore, due to Condemn.

1 Like

what are you talking about lod have %9750 damage this %2000 and aegis of valor set %20000

The Condemn build uses Akkhan set and still is reasonably powerful. The set can’t be buffed excessively or the Condemn build becomes (once again) ridicoulsy overpowered compared to others.

Don’t look at the set damage buffs alone! The supporting legendaries also make the builds. In case of the Condemn, the sword and shield combo alone give x81 damage multiplier, with additional conditioned x2 multiplier on top. Because of that Akkhan must be balanced with those in mind. That’s why Akkhan can’t be buffed much further, if at all.

okey delete this set entire game you mean

Still, condemn isn’t the problem anymore, it was actually safe to buff akkhan up to 5000k without much issue, since condemn is still weaker than several builds, even its LoD version.

To put it in perspective, the top clears at roughly 10k were doing 131ish, adding a few levels when CC + Aug combo came, maybe at best this build is in the 134-136 range, that leaves quite a few levels of power to increase.

Buffing akkhan to 5k would have put it past LoD, and in the competing range of other top builds. Blessed shield on the other hand needs a buff like that and a little extra, it wasn’t too far off from condemn levels but still a little.

Condemn being overpowered is not correct, atleast not today.

But, with the new bomb buffs coming, another block occurs, since akkhan can be combined with invoker 2pc.

This is ofcourse all theoretical, and testing it on the ptr is the only way to make sure, but looking at it, bombardment will probably dwarf condemns “insane” multipliers.

3 Likes

Bombardment might dwarf everything; it might be the strongest build in the game, even stronger than poison scythe. As I recall, its theorized to be 600-700% stronger than ET/Hydra.