PS4 Ultimate Evil Edition language issue

Hi everyone.

I have downloaded Diablo III Ultimate Evil edition from my US PS Store account (I’m from Canada) and my console language setting is French, the game description is in French and the name of the download is “Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition (Français)”

However, the game is always displayed in English. I have tried to delete it and reinstall it a few times but it didn’t change anything. There is no in-game option to change the language. The Blizzard Entertainment Support page doesn’t support console versions (which is an absolute nonsense IMO) so here I am asking you for help, because obviously Blizzard itself won’t help me. I have made lots of research about this and I have always ended on the European forums, but the Eu and US Stores don’t display the same items, so all their solutions can’t be applied here.

I’d love to play this game in French on my console and I’d appreciate if someone could help me (or put me directly in contact with Blizzard US)

3 Likes

Hey, davcot!

Try checking your PS4 Console language to see if it helps. You may need to change it from French - Canada to French - France. We have seen this help in the past.

Thanks for the tip ! I’ve just uninstalled the game and changed the language setting to French - France … I’m reinstalling the game right now to see if it will help

No problem. Please update us if it does resolve the issue. :slight_smile:

It worked ! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Nice! Glad to hear it.

Hello there.

Have recently purchased Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition from the Brazilian PS Store and my game is running in Spanish.

Just to be clear, I’m using my PlayStation in English and want to keep it that way. I followed the solution proposed above and changed my PlayStation language to Brazilian Portuguese and still the game remains in Spanish.

Why it doesn’t have a simple language setting within the game is just a mistery to me…

Can someone help me please? I would like to play my game in English. If not, then in Portuguese but definitely not in Spanish.

6 Likes

Aquanauta,

The player above did more than just swap their language - they also needed to redownload the game client. You might try that as well. Keep in mind that we have no control over distribution of the game clients on PS4 - that’s all on Playstation’s end. I did some digging online and it looks like when folks purchase the game they receive multiple copies of the game to their games library as well. Check your library and see if you can download the English client instead if you’d prefer the English version. Beyond that, you’ll want to reach out to Playstation support to figure out how to install the correct copy of the game (assuming one exists in the language you wanted to use.)

2 Likes

Drakuloth,

I will disagree with you. This should not be a PS issue. Why would the distributor limit the game language through different areas unless it based on disk space issues? Makes no sense for downloaded versions of the game. One other important point. Would you consider English to be the original language? Why isn’t the game offered in the original language?

I am having the same problem. I have played Diablo in English my whole life and now I can’t enjoy it on my PS.

This should be brought to Blizzard’s Marketing team to provide at least English language to every market as the game original language.

By the way, it was almost impossible to find this post regarding language setup for PS…
Support system is not efficient.

5 Likes

Minghini,

I can’t provide any more information than is already in this thread, and this thread is 4 months old. Please do not necro old threads. Here is all of the information in the thread in one post to make it easier to find.

To fix this problem, please ensure that you have checked your console’s language settings. it should be set to the same language and region you want to download - example, set it to english/us or french/france. Once you have set the language, uninstall the current copy of the game, and reinstall the correct version of the game from the games library. You should be offered as long as your console language matches the desired game language.

If you need more help, please contact sony support.