Diablo 3 on PS4 Language Issue

Hi there. I’m having the exact same issue stated here, but with no solution whatsoever. Instead, Drakuloth, from customer support, addresses the issue in a very disturbing manner, blaming Sony for an issue that is clearly on Blizzard’s fault - they even locked the thread with a final statement addressing that all future complaints must be forwarded to Sony.

Let me be very clear about the issue, since that judging by Drakuloth’s words they don’t get the issue at all. Blizzard offers clients tied to certain language bundles (why not tying them all inside one single bundle like EVERY other game? Goes beyond me…). Examples: Portuguese/Spanish, Polish/Russian etc. Well, mind you, I speak Portuguese and I can’t speak a word of Spanish, nor understand it. And it is of my complete interest playing the game in the language i want it, for we paid for the game and expected full customer support, not complete disregard and dismissal. If you search for it, there are a lot of threads on reddit on the same issue with no working solution. Customer support recommends changing PS4 language and downloading again: does not work, since Blizzard shares a specific client with PS Store, that being tied to a language - Brazilian PS Store? That’s the Portuguese/Spanish client, with no able way of playing the game in its original language. Other proposed solution is deleting the game and downloading your language bundle from your purchased games library - does not work either. There’s no copy other than the imposed client by Blizzard - not Sony.

So, I’m here simply asking for a solution from Blizzard, which I hoped would offer full customer support for customers who paid for a game, not snub from its employees. This is clearly a problem caused by Blizzard, not Sony and the PS Store. Share the English copy on PS Stores other than the US one. That’s the solution (or simply make a one for all client)

4 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. No one of that solutions works! I bought the Brazilian Portuguese version (explicit in the title of the game), but the game is in Spanish only. Blizzard, you have to say something!

2 Likes

I discovery a way. I’m from Brazil, but my language was English by default, so I need to put the language of the system the same of the game and reinstall, although I think that the server install according of region. Terrible, but works now.

This is disrespectful, and they pretend is not even an issue. Ridiculous. I’ve made a few complaints as well on several of the forums and some of them were removed. The only answer I got was that it was posted on the wrong forum. As for the “correct” forums, got deleted. For reference: Diablo 3 EC (Digital) on PS4 forcing wrong language

This procedure did not work for me, my console was already in english though. But even trying to change it to something else, its the same thing, forces on spanish. Other countries are also having the same issue, see here: PS5 - Polish PS store Diablo III: Eternal Collection language problem It also contains Sony’s official take on the issue.

What a disappointment, Blizzard! Really? Locking the wrong language? My PS5 system is set to English and yet the game was installed in Spanish! It is not a surprise that the forum is rich in Bug Reports.