PS4: Loading screens causing death

Hello,

I did play the beta on playstation 4 and I was encountering an issue with the long loading screens. While I was trying to kill Duriel I had to go back to the town to buy new health potions, so I made a town portal and went back to town. As I wanted to re-entry the town portal the loading screen was soo long (guess 10-15 seconds) that my character got killed during the loading screen time by Duriel. I was unable to kill him, cause everytime I used my town portal to go back to the boss fight I got killed by Duriel during the loading screen, so I couldn’t do anything about it.

I know that the loading screens are an issue and it is a know problem and I am not sure if that is something that you can fix. In case you can not fix it, I would suggest a solution that path of exile is using which makes you character immortal during the loading screen until you move again then you get vulnerable again. At least in this state I would never play it on hardcore if you get killed because of a loading screen :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve only taken on Duriel once, during the early access beta, had no issues with loading screen death, although I know it was an issue with the alpha release. I thought they fixed it for the early access beta.

I would be potentially looking at your Internet connection as the cause, more than the game itself. If your Internet is really slow, then there is your answer. There’s not much Blizzard can do about that.

2 Likes

Hmmm I also have the beta on pc and on pc I didn’t had this issue, had it only on ps4. Hard to say if it was because of the internet, I would guess no, at least the game ran smoothly, it wasn’t laggy for me.

I am not borthered so much with long loading screens, it’s a bit annoying yes, but I can live with it, but dying during loading screen time where I can’t do anything is not cool at all :slight_smile:

Duriel has long been known to have death during loading on the classic version of the game. I was surprised that I had no issues with him - no deaths, he was dead in under 30 seconds. My merc lasted 4-5 seconds lol. He really is the most difficult boss in the game imho. And, by far. edit: I foresee many D2 newbs rage quitting when they come to face Duriel lol.

1 Like

I am not new to the game ^^, playing it since diablo 2 is out. That is why I am writing this post, cause I never had an issue with tping to Duriel and dying because of it. It was definitely the loading screen, I was with a friend in the game, he had the same issue, we couldn’t kill him cause we got constanly killed during that 15 second loading screen where we couldn’t do anything, no moving nothing, when the loading screen ended we were already dead lol. Never had this kind of an issue in diablo 2.

Yea Duriel is definitely the hardest boss, but only in normal. The issue is that you have no way to run away like all the other bosses ^^, then the freezes and then he hits very hard lol. I normally use my merc and give him constantly potions to kill him or I use something that gives me cannot be frozen and up my cold res.

I did many tomb runs on PS4 (as far as the fundamentally broken force matching system allowed it - we need lobbies asap!) and can confirm this.
Duriel gets at least 2-3 hits on you, while you are still stuck in the loading screen, entering via tomb or tp.
High vitality+AC characters have to go in first and tank him.
Lighter builds just get slaughtered while loading.

2 Likes

Oh god yes lobbies on the ps4 would really be nice, hope they are going to add it, otherwise I don’t know how people on playstation wants to do trade without trade games.

I think I was having 200 life, it is normally enough for duriel with capped cold res :smiley: . But I couldn’t do him, cause when the loading screen ended I was already dead lol, I could hear him hitting me during the loading screen lol.
I am normally a singleplayer, this will be funny for me man if they don’t fix this for the release lol

1 Like

I must have just been lucky then. No real loading screen issues with Duriel for me.

1 Like

Even snoop dog has problems with Duriel…

2 Likes

Somehow the game continues for some during the loading screen.

Haha hilarious meme :smiley:

1 Like

Still didn’t face Duriel in this beta on ps4 and I doubt I will reach him because I think I don’t have enough time but this seems like a major game breaking problem. I didn’t have this problem ever in the original game.

This issue where you can die while in loading screen is FIXED in a updated build, but the devs did not release the latest build to the early access beta last week and stated that this week’s open beta is the same build(with minor fixes) as last week’s early access build. The build we are playing on is the same major build as Alpha from months back.

Official reference to loading screens. Blue Tracker

Yes, makes zero sense why we are testing an old build in beta. Just dumb.

3 Likes

Yea made it impossible for me to kill duriel

Nice, I didn’t know that they fixed it, these are some good news.

Yes lol makes no sense at all :smiley:

Found it. I’ll update my reply too.
Blue Tracker

Make sure to review and post in the thread I started up to make console better! Link :grinning:

1 Like

Nice, I am glad to read this.