PS4 Leaderboards inflated with cheaters

Hello everyone,
As far as I know, the last 3 seasons our leaderboards were for the most part clean. This season some “funny guys” are inflating the solo leaderboards, f.e. in barbarian, necro, where they obviously play as a group and get it rated as solo.
I know the chances are slim, but lets unite and report these brats on psn. The more noise we do, the higher the chances are that we get rid of this nuisance.

Greetz

These are different players, who copied one Save Game via Save Wizard to another account. So for the database it’s only “1” person, save game or char. They could check database for double triple entries. But major cheating comes from players using SaveWizard. This has nothing to do with Blizzard or the console vendors. Because the nature of the game is “offline”. Seasonal play was introduced in Season 10.

Sony, Nintendo and MS should be addressed to remove offline saves. This would prevent Save editors like SaveWizard from changing local save games.

But honestly this was adressed here so many times, i don’t think it will be changed for D3, D4 maybe.

1 Like

Well I know about savewizard and I dont like it either, but there is a big difference. Even with the save wizard your not guaranteed to reach the top bcause skill still matters. Playing as a group in a solo is just stupid and not reachable for the others.
I dont get it why they do that because its so obvious so that nobody will recognise them other than some frauds

It is intended to group up even when doing solo pushing for LB, as silly as it Sounds.

When they made D3, they made it to encourage people to play multiplayer. This is why there is such big bonuses for group play. They were not blind to the fact that it would be used to level up paragons and gems then push solo on the LB.

Maybe in D4 they will have it on separate servers for solo only with no group bonuses but hard to say and wouldn’t hold my breath. Most things anymore are meant to push people to mingle. Sucks for those who prefer to not socialize or have psychological issues preventing them from socializing but if it’s the minority, it doesn’t matter.

Diablo 4 seems to be embracing its MMO side, as the new entry will demand a constant internet connection for players to play together in a shared world. Dungeons are instanced, meaning you won’t find randoms during raids with your party, nor will key story moments be interrupted by other players. But you will come across folks roaming around towns and participating in world events.

Details are vague, but Blizzard says they’re working on a way to create a shared world with random player encounters without compromising the studio’s goal of bringing a darker atmosphere to the game more akin to Diablo 2

game director Luis Barriga took the time to clarify that Blizzard’s sequel definitely isn’t an MMORPG, despite some similar features. “Our goal has always been to incorporate elements from shared world games without the game ever feeling like it’s veering into massively multiplayer territory,” Barriga explained.

“To be clear, this is a philosophy rather than a tech limitation. We find that the game stops feeling like Diablo and the world feels less dangerous when you see other players too often or in too high numbers,” he continued.

Despite technically existing in a shared world, all dungeons and key story beats are experienced privately between you and your party - no interruptions from randoms. However, you will find other players roaming around in towns when there isn’t a story moment happening, and you’ll probably want to coordinate with randoms during large world events.

Asked by the streamer about microtransactions, Shely said, “Diablo IV will be available as a base game, and … we’re going to have expansions. You also will be able to acquire cosmetics in the game.” The streamer then asks, “so, MTX? Is that going to be through some sort of shop?” Shely responds vaguely with, “It’s very early … but yes.”

So it sounds like cosmetic microtransactions will be a feature in Diablo 4, but hopefully Blizzard is wise enough to refrain from adding microtransactions that benefit the player in gameplay situations, as we’ve seen before that pay-to-win mechanics can often spell doom for even the most mainstream games.

1 Like

Most players in solo and group leaderboards are SaveWizard abusers. I’m not in top spot of LB now, but most players around me have perfect primal gear without a single augment. All key items are perfectly rolled, sometimes wrong rolled! As casual it’s hard to surpass them. But even top players playing 6h+ every day are using SaveWizard. Just look @4man group No.1 in SC, even the zBarb has primal items with INT augments. No entry in the Barb or Sader LB’s.

Some “top” players are perfectly geared in 3/4 classes within 4 weeks.

1 Like

Hey, Im not sure if you know what Im am exactly complaining about.
To clarify it, look up top 3 barbs in solo or top 2 necro in solo. If you click on the profile, you will recognise they played with a group, but rated as solo. Top 3 barbs have therefore the exact same time doing 150 IN SOLO.

As yes save wiz is also a nuisence but this is another level. At least, against save wiz users my team and I did pretty good till now ranked very high and coul hold R1-2 spots. I know alot legit playes who hold their own on leaderboards. But how are we supposed to beat a group of three barbs in solo rank 1 to 3 because they played as a group.

I hope you know what i mean now. Also DH top ranks are also inflated

1 Like

That’s what i wrote in my initial post. This is exactly the identic save game. If you copy/import this (via SaveWizard) to another PSN account, all players using THIS save game are ranked as ONE player. That’s why different players are ranked as SOLO players even if they grouped up. Normally the system should count them as group, but LB only look @save game, not on PSN account.

So SaveWizard is the problem in two cases: Copy same accounts to inflate Solo LB’s and infinite Materials and keys to roll perfect primal gear and get started with Paragon 999. No bounties, no rifts, JUST GR, huge impact on both solo and group.

So i know exactly what you mean, that’s the reason why most “legit” players don’t care about LB’s or D3 in common.

1 Like

Got ya Omplich. Well I totally understand why legit players turn their back from this kindergarten. I see hope in reporting at least the players who a have a group rank in a solo boards. The people who start with infinite mats and keys are harder to track so that is more difficult to solve other than the obvious examples. I mean that are always the 3 same players that abuse the system, so getting rid of them would be a atleast a success. Im on vacation right now but as soon as I come back I try to get in touch with psn. Other reports from you are appreciated and maybe we can force a reaction.

They use Save Wizard to “resign” a D3 save to another PSN account…then P1 and P2, who are different PSN ID’s but using the same save that was copied and “resigned” by Save Wizard opens a GR150 and they both go in and clear it.

The game seems to recognise these players as not 2 man but 1 man given the save was copied and resigned.

They can do this with 4 man too thus on the solo LB’s you will have an entry that has cleared a GR150 with the aid of 3 other players but the game recognises all 4 as the same player.

None of this will be possible as D4 will be online saves like PoE, Destiny etc.

It doesnt really matter tbh, even if it isnt you, the right guys are reading it, because they want this attention. And Im pretty sure your the guy

news just in. Sony has confirmed that Blizzard controls the leaderboards. Yes. This is Blizzard’s problem. Blizzard has full control and access to the LBs on the Sony platform.

This begs the question, why has Blizzard done nothing at all, despite cheats being reported multiple times by myself and homerjnick?

1 Like

Because we don’t matter apparently

1 Like

apparently so. Sony has reported the Save Wizard cheating issue on PS4 to Blizzard…what are the odds Blizzard will actually do anything? They can also make a request to Sony to ban PSN accounts that they believe have been cheating…of course, they won’t ask Sony to do that, will they…

1 Like

They need a two pronged attack, blizzard needs to clean their leaderboards and Sony needs to give us an option to report cheaters directly to them.

From my experience on this forum I expect nothing of blizzard for console players until D4 comes out but Sony should step it up.

2 Likes

Agreed.

The problem is that Sony will be loathe to ban PSN accounts - it means a loss of income for them…they have a financial motive to NOT do this. Blizzard is loathe to spend money on monitoring the consoles for cheats and then having a reporting mechanism in place to Sony…it’s all about $$$$$$.

My POV is that if Blizzard isn’t prepared to support the console ports properly, then we should stop buying their products. En masse. This is the only way that businesses tend to learn and “listen” to their customer base.

The thing is whilst Blizzard cannot ban those that savescum (they can’t prove those 13 Primls in 3 days are a result of that) they CAN ban those that have solo clears where they are in a group via resigning their saves to other PSN accounts with Save Wizard.

The Leaderboards capture they were in a group even on the solo entry.

They can be banned instantly from the boards.

1 Like

Well from my personal experience you get a week ban but that was for my poor choice in sending a message I shouldn’t have, I would guess if they did implement a cheating ban it would be permanent but unlikely for the first time. Mabye longer than a week, month or so.

However I do wish that when Sony bans your accounts it applies to games only. No reason you shouldn’t be able to watch Netflix that you pay for or Hulu because you get banned/silenced or whatever they call it.

1 Like

I beg to differ. The odds on getting 13 primals for your build are absolutely massive. You’d need to have had at least 0.0001 percent. Occam’s razor would show that it’s far more likely the person has cheated than been that “lucky”.

Again, the solution is simple - online saves for seasons. There is ZERO excuse for Blizzard to not implement this.

I mean with good RNG you can definitely have the 13 but to have 13 PERFECT primals yeah that’s a lot of reloading and not even worth the time. Not even playing the game anymore are they?

What’s funny is to see guys with all them primals jump in the lobby and die in a 120. Happens ALL THE TIME.

Juiced to the gills but no skill and no idea how to play/maneuver.

2 Likes