PS4 Leaderboards inflated with cheaters

I said id never post again but I couldn’t help myself.

There is a simple solution and demon souls does this on the console, if you are busted for changing a local save game, the game will allow you to keep playing in your made up gear/stats/level however it removes you from the ability to play online. So its pretty simple, they (blizzard) could check for local save modifications and if detected, put the player into an offline or non-season game.

Yes but talk technically…technically that 0.0001 percent is possible therefore you cannot ban on something that is technically possible without proof.

Online saves are indeed the answer but there is no point in mentioning that as its not going to happen because D3 on currentgen is designed for couch co-op.

Again huge development for a 6 year old game that is in classic mode with very few developers. If that change was going to be made it would have been done a long time ago.

It’s a great idea but will never happen for D3.

We need to be realistic here guys. The best we can hope for is QoL changes for the console version and a cleanse of the leaderboards.

That’s 1 in 10000 Nick. I think you very safely say that every one with 13 primals after 2 weeks is cheating. For every 10000 bans, 1 will be legit. I can live with that.

Online saves are a very small change too. Couch co-op reasoning is just utter lies from Blizzard.

True I mean Rockstar just banned/reset probably thousands and thousands of GTA online players because of a little money exploit. It can most certainly be done.

Even if they don’t ban them perse due to whatever restrictions. Resetting their character every week would be hilarious to the point many of the editors would just give up.

1 Like

Dave…you need to stop thinking as a fan and think about how a company would act…yes 1 in 10,000 is fine for us but they will not affect 1 customer with an action.

Look at the banwaves on PC, they miss out obvious botters because they really vet who they ban and never want a legit player to get banned.

Thus Blizzards approach is that and the fact it is a minute chance you get 13 Primals it still is technically possible and with that they wont ban on that basis.

Blizzard only ban when they have concrete proof…and 13 Primals is not considered that from their point of view…as us gamers yes it is but if there is 1 guy who did get mass amounts of primals and got banned then that approach is not how Blizzard operate.

Blizzard should remove people who have modded gear from the LB’s on Switch and those that use Save Wizard to get a solo clear whilst in a group but they cant really ban ppl with a solo clear with 13 Primals because they have no proof of cheating whilst the other methods I mentioned have definitive proof.

D3 is couch coop mate, its designed for it…a remnant of lastgen…online saves there is no infrastructure for so its not an easy thing to do and requires a dev team.

There is none…its a few people in the classic team.

I’d rather we not waste our time or posts talking about these changes because whilst we all want it there is zero chance of a 6 year old game getting it whilst in the hands of the classic team.

Let us concentrate on getting the cheaters banned and the QoL things changed that we want like NG.

1 Like

There are only 2 solutions.

1. ONLINE SAVES
  2. Ignore Leaderboards

So called legit players have entries in all solo leaderboards.

sorry, but I really disagree. Online saves would not be difficult, time consuming, or even costly for Blizzard. They simply do not care about consoles, that much is evident.

I cannot, in good faith, financially support such a company in the future. They are simply incompetent and inept.

well, if they can’t do that, then they lose a customer (me) for life. It’s that simple. As I said privately, if enough people have the spare parts to do this, it’ll hurt Blizzard financially. We have to stick together as a unit and push as a unit.

2 Likes

While I somewhat agree with your stance the #1 fact is games are meant for enjoyment, if blizzard can make a much more enjoyable endgame in D4 that is leaderboard based I will buy it. D3 however only has that so its that endgame in particular which kind of sucks because what else is there to look forward to.

If there is any leaderboard stuff for D4 I hope it is not seasonal but weekly resets and challenges that change much more, if I even choose to participate in them.

Tbh I’ve been enjoying seeing where I can get on the challenge rift leaderboard with me and a couple buddies solo/group just cause it’s something…different.

and I still rank 1 on this week’s CR?

1 Like

I suck at this one shush it’s rough

lol! It’s not that BAD. Limit using vault. Enable shadow power immediately upon entering the CR. Elite hunt, but pick off big high XP timer progress targets like the horned beasts. The maps aren’t great, but they are what they are. Be careful with firing off impale, and remember you can top up hatred with the bat/companion skill when needed. Sadly, there is no ability to top up discipline, so this is why it is very important to be careful with vaulting. I tried to keep enough discipline to vault into some of the elites - some of them have a large elite pack and it’s difficult to walk/run into to get to the elite in the middle as they are shielded by their pack. That’s where vault comes in handy - vault in, one shot the elite and collect the progress globes and move on. It doesn’t help that many of the packs are molten and you quite often need to also vault out of the pack to get out of the molten.

It’s probably because I was never good at the shadow set way of playing anyways, I mean I wasn’t bad at it the second time around and carried a 3 man through it but it’s just ugh. The lack of either the hps or the chain of shadows really was weird.

Can’t lie the hamburger made me laugh but would’ve preferred the spectrum

yes, true, it does feel weird. At least the build is plenty tough and does enough DPS. HPS wouldn’t have helped with resources or toughness though, so not really needed. Chain of shadows would have been very nice I do admit.

Well I’d like having it for a littler more spread on some of the big trash but without it I essentially skipped everything that wasn’t huge or an elite

that’s how I’d pretty much recommend that you play it.