Proposal to change the seasonal theme

I unhid it because it appears that a group of folks abused our flagging system to get it automatically hidden. There’s no violation at hand here, which is why I fixed it. I agree it took too long to undo, and I’m going to pass that feedback on to our tools and support team.

I’ve been reading a ton of feedback and, as I tend to do with PTRs, I focus a lot more on listening than I do on speaking. There’s two reasons:

1. Interrupting player feedback tends to derail threads for a number of reasons. We want discourse to happen as organically as possible so it’s as indicative as possible of general community desires. When I do post, I try to make sure I’m bringing something to the table, like new information, behind the scenes insight, or a clarification.

2. I simply don’t have the time. There’s a lot going on in our world during an active PTR. If we want to get the most out of PTR, especially the most amount of player feedback we can take action on, I need to spend less time typing and more time reporting. I do my best, but there’s just not enough hours in the day. I gotta eat sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On to the feedback itself on this topic: It’s very easy to see something as truth when you’re only participating in one small slice of the conversation. I spread my listening among all our communication channels (here, Reddit, social media, Twitch streams, even logged into the PTR and reading general chat) and also receive international updates from my regional counterparts about local player opinions. I’ve seen a great variety of feedback on the current Season 20 theme. Largely across many channels, people are pretty excited about it.

We’re still going to consider all the feedback we’re receiving, and it’s not falling on deaf ears. However, our decision making will be guided by what we can logistically manage tempered by what the majority of players express they’d like to see. Not everything every player wants is possible (game development isn’t actually magic, and there are limits), but we’ll always strive to do the best we can.

34 Likes