Proper reaction to the Reddit Survey (mrllamasc)

Fans would preorder when they would say they are working on it without even showing anything…

2 Likes

Ya, I would have preordered no matter what, their presentation was just a very good and calming thing to watch. Nothing I saw worried me minus maybe some lighting in previously darker areas, but overall blew me away.

4 Likes

Yeah this is about right, would’ve preordered even if it was just the announcement.

Sure, there’s things I’d prefer changed/ things I’d like the same.

Meh, I’ll play regardless.

3 Likes

I 1000% completely agree. perfectly said my man

1 Like

Without a doubt the most important thing. If the game released exactly the same just working on modern os etc with no hacks or bots of any kind would be a massive win…

The reason most people was a change to the loot system is because of grabbit you know.

Hear, hear. Refreshing to see this kind of basic intelligence.

6 Likes

Blizzard loves changes, but the problem Is they change too much.
Just look at WC3 Reforges, game was a failure.

Blizzard says they have to learn from their mistakes, but they probably make the same mistakes they did with Diablo 3 with Diablo 2.

Vicarious Visions should focus on polish the game, not change too much things.

1 Like

QoL features that fix the things that the forums were blowing up about in 2001-Late 2000s. Not more stash space, a retarded amount of stash space, arguably you need way more room in this game than Diablo 3, people should be able to run holy grail accounts without mods, stackable runes/gems, runes are currency, why should i be forced to trade them to make room for more stuff…Kind of goes along with stash space if this is even needed or not. Better hotkey system, allthough this can be easily done with a program as long as blizzard doesnt ban us for running such things. Id like Ploot, but its not make or break for me, I just want a d2 that i play coop for more than baal runs. Im not saying D2 is BAD, just that people are blinded by nostalgia, the forums were not a happy place in D2’s prime, why make zero attempt at fixing the common frustrations back then.

4 Likes

What a time to live, we measure games by numbers of sales. Thats funny.

There is great example of game with very bad QoL and lack of user friendliness, but it found it’s audience, and lives and prospers right now. Dark Souls. It is sold much higher then D3 though.

There is one another game with great sales. Tetris. 100 mln. Does it mean that tetris is better game than D3? By your logic - yes, it means. Lets ask devs to do D2R as tetris, where all you do is stacking gems and they disappear if they fill whole line.

If game have great sales it means literally nothing novadays. Exept great marketing strategy of course.

2 Likes

Wow. You know nothing about D2 lol.

Guided arrow when full pierce was a thing o.O those were times hehe.

By your logic, we have nothing to lean on to call D2 great then…sold well for its time, and had toxic forums full of unhappy players demanding qol changes and or pissed off about how synergies and runewords killed diversity…sounds a lot like diablo 3…

2 Likes

Super not true… he only uses plugY with his holy grail sorc and for showcases. All of his 1000000 speedruns are obviously not with mods. Also every man vs stream, every hell run, he does not use the respecc of plugY.

But yeah, for a sorc with a playtime of 2000 hours, I would also use it

1 Like

There are many great things about D2 the music, atmosphere, even visuals. IT has some of the best game play of any ARPG. But it’s not perfect, there were things the developers added to the game that hurt that game play and things that IMO hurts the social aspect of the game. Many of whom have solutions that would change the game to be sure, but I believe many of the little QOL ones would make it smoother and better experience overall. But I have faith that the devs will know what to do, if they don’t already to make D2R a success.

1 Like

To each their own, dude uses cheated items and infinite respecs on a grail sorc…it’s fine if he doesn’t do that for speedruns, that’s good, but it’s not even a real grail he’s going for.

He’s a pretty new player, played a bit when he was a kid but he was big into SC and a bunch of other games when people actually used to play D2 regularly.

There are many great things about diablo 3 as well, rifts are a nice dungeon randomizer, the whole cube powers thing is a pretty neat concept, build diversity is way better than d2 but its held back by dumb sets, life/mana leech structures better in d3, and doesnt only benefit physical attackers, the coop is certainly better. Its a different game, but not really a bad one, its just a bad successor to diablo 2.

1 Like

I mean, I am not interested in defending him, I just wanna know if you are literally lying… Where does he use cheated items?

What are you even talking about? That dude has over 25k hours in D2… Not to mention of a bunch of world records he got in the game.

2 Likes

He uses modded torch and anni in single player, as well as cheated runewords. It’s literally not a legit grail farm like the legit grailers I know.

And I’m just taking him at his word in his streams.

I realize he has played a lot of D2 post 1.10, my issue is that in his streams he has talked about how he was young during the game’s heyday, didn’t play classic, and was never into PvP.

He is missing a lot of the culture of what made D2 great, the guy wasn’t even a teenager when it had its greatest popularity.

I really like his stream, and watch quite a bit of what he has done, I enjoy watching it, but speed running is very niche, and he comes from a primarily single player point of view.

He doesn’t know too much about the in game economy, and on numerous occasions he has to ask his stream “what is that unique?” … he’s no expert on game mechanics, and he talks about adding a charm inventory like it’s no big deal.

I’m glad everyone has their opinion, but I don’t really think people who primarily play single player and weren’t active in the GM pvp scene in the game’s heyday should really have their opinion given extra weight to anyone else.

Just the way I see it.

1 Like

dude uses cheated items

Which items are you referring to? Please post up some proof of your allegations and also make sure you include proper context, like for example, does he use these cheated items on Battle.net? No? Single player or Plugy? Who cares then… Hes a streamer, alot of what he does it for content and entertainment.

If youre going to bash a guy, who has Blizzards support in D2R, do a better job

Already did in previous post.
I don’t care if he uses cheated items, makes no difference, I’m just saying I don’t think anyone should take anyone who primarily plays single player with mods all that serious. He barely played back in the day, by his own admission.