Proper reaction to the Reddit Survey (mrllamasc)

If they don’t change charms/inventory then they for sure won’t change anything. Because they specifically said “NO” to giving us a bigger inventory or a charms inventory in the D2R deep dive, but it seems like there might be enough support in the community to support JUST that change. But even then, i wouldn’t hold my breath for it to change considering how against changes the D2R devs are.

1 Like

I realize that you reference the deep dive frequently, but Blizzard’s developers and producers have given many additional interviews where they provide additional details where they discuss the possibility of more changes.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton for posting MrLlama’s new video. Anyone who says he doesn’t look at D2 in a nuanced way or only cares about speedrunning really reveals their own lack of insight. Llama really gets the spirit of Diablo II and why it’s been so successful, and Blizzard and VV would be extremely wise to heed his council.

4 Likes

No rage for MrlamaSC but how can he say “suure somtimes you loose items to grabbit” when he never plays in public games lol

He literally plays in private 8p games solo mf’s and speedruns, if he ever went into a public game it would be full of his twitch audience in seconds.

Optional personal loot wouldn’t effect him in the slightest.

6 Likes

He did a much better job of explaining his opinions in this video and clarified a couple of things. His take on personal loot won’t be too convincing for those who want it (most likely) but he’s just stating his opinions. D2 does not have it now and I don’t really care if it’s implemented or not. Most importantly this video just got me hyped to play and I found a nice rare while watching it :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m sure he’s played public games and does it whenever he wants. He can play D2 anonymously Darth Rieven =P Im sure he also amassed tons of xp before he became known. The point is he obviously understands what it’s like in public games, silly to suggest he doesn’t. It’s weird to question his credibility, he’s obviously suuuuuuper experienced with D2 as a whole. Puh-lease! attitude hand

3 Likes

Mr Llama is just one D2 player that happens to stream. There is nothing really special about his opinion. We are all Diablo 2 fans. Some of us would like to see QoL changes.

6 Likes

Llama would also like to se som Qol Changes… so dont know what you on about?

5 Likes

exactly this, he just glosses over pickit hacks as if it’s nothing. literally 1 second comment and done. all that needs to be done is TEST this in a beta(s) just to see, you won’t know the result unless this is done, until then it’s just speculation.

w/e. i actually don’t care if they add PL as an option or not. i do think it would be nice to actually try it out in a test(s) instead of just discounting it entirely as being bad for the game.

5 Likes

Exactly. Please test this is all I’m asking.

Would love to beta test personal loot, maybe even a couple different implementations.

Pickit was a massive problem in D2’s prime, and ever since.

If any more changes to D2R happen they do really need testing. I fully agree, if some turn out to break the game in such a way that it can’t be fixed or really does ruin the feel of the game revert them.

I just think we need 3 main modes, classic(d2), LOD(1.14), D2R + hardcore and ladders for each.

With that logic you dont get to lean on d2’s success either then. You cant have it both ways, All the d2 forums are still around, feel free to review the general community thoughts from 2000-2010, just as much pissing and moaning about how bad the game is as you see in diablo 3.

Yeah, let’s be honest, I remember having characters just stand in the corner of canyon and get infinite experience.

That was flawed development haha.

How old are you? I ask because Diablo II was one of the best selling PC games of all time until recently. It was awarded a world record for sales during it’s first few weeks, and continued to break records for years.

5 Likes

Im 31, and by your logic diablo 3 is infinitely more successful, it not only broke records, but it did it in an age of gaming with far more competition. I call d2 unsuccessful because it failed to hold onto its playerbase despite having no competition in its genre, by the early 2000’s diablo 2 was a shell of what it was at launch. The entire game was and still is infested with real money trading, and hacks.

Yes, Diablo III broke records, and was also given for free if you bought a years subscription to a little unknown gem of a game called World of Warcraft. It also gave the players of this game exclusive in game items.

Diablo III at launch was a mess, and lived almost entirely off of the Diablo franchise success as well as World of Warcraft subscription bonuses.

2 Likes

Yeah right…diablo 3 didnt even start breaking records until its expansion, so saying it sold off of franchise success is asinine. And show me any proof that free codes counts to sales records…

Okay, either you have a very fuzzy memory or you’re lying about your age.

I literally played diablo 2 from 2001-2009, and the game was already hemorrhaging its player base by then, you speak as if the game was the second coming of jesus, its funny that at the time, the games forums were toxic, full of complainers, and people talking about why the game is failing, and 20 years later we pretend the game was perfect and needs no changes. Okay buddy.

I don’t know why I’m bothering, but if your memory is still a bit fuzzy you can just check out the Metacritic user reviews for Diablo III. They should have the dates posted, with peoples actual opinion at the time of launch. Although it won’t be as lauded you may or may not recall.

2 Likes