Proper reaction to the Reddit Survey (mrllamasc)

It is obvious that his opinion matters more than 99% of anyone else, because he is one of the human being that dadicate more time to this game and his effort contributed a lot to the dieblo 2 community, he deserves it.

It is obvious that if certain changes come to D2R he wont play the game, he is not a mod player, he plays the real game. 90% of the people asking for core changes are mod server players. I wont play if they mess with skills and items as they did in pd2, for example.

I respect everyone opinion aswell, as far as it is based in knowledge and not led by ignorace as many ive read here.

1 Like

That’s not true. Ask the guy himself and he will tell you the same thing… Even if he wasn’t a humble and honestly a pretty decent guy. Think about it for a moment what kind of tool would rate his opinions above anyone else’s lol.

Installing Diablo 2, Plugy, Median XL - YouTube

lol.

It’s ironic :smiley:

3 Likes

uh, every single vid i see he is using plugy. he even uses /player 8 to exp and mf. he most definetly uses mods and generally doesn’t play the game like it is on the live servers: he plays modded patches far as i can see.

3 Likes

Dude, diablo 3 stumbled out of the gate, the OG was garbage, it didnt sell on the success of D2, it sold itself with the changes RoS update brought, you are a clown in denial. Modern gamers are not looking for a 20 year old diablo 2 experience reskinned. Even the majority of the original fanbase wants minor QoL changes and interface improvements…

1 Like

Of course it did sell on the success of D2. Anyone thinking anything else is honestly delusional.

1 Like

/players 8 is a command that you can use in single player in the original game today.
i am not a follower of lama, i just know he makes speedruns and that is the source of his infuence in the community, we all ahve tried mods and you can use plugy just to have infinite stash, it doesnt change the gameplay for single player at all, just allows you to make collections of items.

Yeah so, I really like llama’s vids and he’s good at what he does, but the guy cheats in almost all of his vids.

Dude is not legit, changes skills and stats all the time to MF or do other content.

His mod use is nearly 100 percent of his game time. He wasn’t even an avid d2 player back in the day, he got into it recently.

2 Likes

Riddle me this, it sold bad…because it was a bad game…the expansion made everyone excited…then it broke records…tell me how diablo 2 played any part in its revival. Diablo 3 is not full of diablo 2 players, in fact the 2 fan bases have little to no crossover audience. Diablo 3 created an entirely new fanbase for the franchise. Most d2 players hated diablo 3 and spent very little time on it. The vast majority of diablo 3 players were in diapers when diablo 2 was mainstream, your fanboy bias is insane.

1 Like

And big portion of player who did buy it and expected something like Diablo 2 left after playing year or two and never came back. It would sold even without Diablo 2, but popularity of Diablo franchise and blizzard as company helped big time and thats behind the sells of Diablo 3.

I am not saying Diablo 3 is bad game but for me as fan of diablo 2, it wasnt good and i expected something a lot better worthy of playing for years like D2.

2 Likes

Wait, are you arguing to make D2R improvements akin to D3 because D3 is more popular… in a D2 remaster forum?

Of course most the people here are fanboys of Diablo 2.
Of course most people here will prefer Diablo 2.
This is a forum for Diablo 2.

And to say Diablo 2 wasn’t successful is laughable.

2 Likes

Not to mention that gaming community was a lot lower back then when Diablo 2 was released. So comparing sells is nonsense.

I will add some nuance to the conversation. Many of the features that are widely hated by D2 purist in D3 are most likely a reactionary response to the D2 playerbase as a whole.

1. Shared stash
    Some like that D2 did not have a shared. Many strongly disagreed. D3 has a shared stash.

2. FFA loot.
    Certainly many like this; however a large proportion of the D2 playerbase dislike it as documented then and now on this forum. In D3, they went with personal loot.

3. Drops restricted too certain areas/bosses.
    Some in D2 liked farming the same area over and over and over and over and over and over again. May disliked it. In D3, the game was designed so all monster could drop any item.

4. Respecs
    Many in D2 liked no respecs (or limited respecs). Many thought that was unnecessary and disliked this. D3 gave free respecs.

I would suggest many of the “hated” things in D3 exist, because the majority of D2 players wanted a change relative to D2.

3 Likes

God no, d3 wasnt great for me, i dont want any gameplay elements crossing over, but ill take more stash space, some item stacking. Maybe even a charm bag of some sort, i can live with the ffa loot even if i think it kills the multiplayer, 90% of my time in the original was solo MF runs, only did coop for exp.

How many of the Diablo 2 players knew about this survey?
I did not know It existed, before I saw It posted on the Internet.

• Imagine playing PVP with Amazon with unlimited quivers ammo.
    This will ruin some of the balance. This will make the game more easier.

Listen to this guy aswell →

1 Like

Did you actually Play the game? because those Builds aren’t top performers…

1 Like
  1. Shared Stash : I think this depends on context.

Many people used mules, so the stared stash was an improvement over that, because they would basically make multiple accounts anyways to do this. But, at the same time, when your stash was limited, you had limited options to chose from in-game.

Some more hardcore players or people who don’t want to be tempted with ease, may find a problem with this. Think of a person who’s trying to go on a diet, but they have this freshly baked apple pie on the counter, just tempting them to take a slice. It’s a delicious pie and you’re allowed to have some, but self-motivation can be a frustrating situation. Sometimes you need those boundaries.

1. FFA Loot : It just changes the gameplay.

Though the elements are very similar in nature, they’re still a different experience. It would be like comparing different genres, even though they have similar elements. When choosing a movie, the difference between a horror and thriller can be subtle, but a different feeling overall.

1. Drops restricted to certain areas/bosses : This is quite debatable.

On one hand you have players who don’t want to go online to search for what specific enemies you need to kill to get that specific item. This makes the choices easier and they won’t have to go outside of the game to search for the answers. But on the other hand, making specific enemies drop specific items, actually encourages you to change your environment. This may change the experience overall, making the game feel more exciting, because you’re force into different situations. Both have their own validity.

1. Respects : It’s about the weight of your choices.

The ability to respec seems like a good idea in theory, but it has detrimental effects on the value to things. The only reason why people value things, is because they have the ability to lose them. The same with hardcore mode, the reason why you value your characters life more, would be the ability to permanently lose that life. The weight of your choices matter more and they feel more valuable overall.

In the end, they’re all just different. They give difference experiences.

1 Like

He has one opinion, but there are others.

2 Likes

This dude talking about cubing up el runes to make high runes…

His math doesn’t check out, and I doubt his claims about making every runeword from countess runs in only 6 months.

This video is someone with very little knowledge of this game. Sorry, it’s not accurate information.

Another more detailed response explaining his reasoning. For those who immediately raged.

8 Likes

i like the charm ide so far. starts at 48min ish

3 Likes