Proof-reading the PTR notes

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23179288/patch-267-ptr-begins-1017-10-14-2019#Seasons

For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds

Duplicate word highlighted.

5 Likes

Now I can sleep tonight.

15 Likes

PTR Tips

As with our previous PTRs, this testing period will have a short duration. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.

As with our previous PTRs, this testing period will have a short duration. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.

1 Like

(In Humor)
Apparently there is a new character class called ‘The Librarian’.
It comes with passives of punctuation, iteration, passive voice and spelling assault. Its main skills are Grammar assault causing 10,000% damage, word assembly which groups enemies together and assaults them with Capital letters and ‘sweeping word’ which attacks enemies with swirling lower case letters. It also has a new set of bracers that randomly throws hardcover versions of encyclopedias at the first three enemies hit.
There is a new helm called ‘verbosity’ which randomly cites William Shakespeare quotations with every enemy hit, causing physical damage with the enemies heads eventually falling off.
:wink:

Clearly I have way too much time on my hands. Fortunately, not for long after this week.

6 Likes

See, Nev wants this sort of thing.

Thanks that was super funny!

1 Like

Maybe the name of the stacking buff is called that? The that buff caps at 1000 stacks.

Fixed both the call outs in this thread. I appreciate the catch.

Our current CMS tool is a bit
 finicky at times and copy/pasting isn’t always my friend as a result. Duplicates like that also tend to be overlooked by the human eye, often no matter how many have passed over them.

4 Likes

I work in academia. I respect that everyone lives according to their own guidelines and it should be that way. However, because I work in a Post-Grad area, the last thing I am concerned about when I want to have fun is what I deal with in a work environment.
For me, if I can understand it and I could, that suffices.

2 Likes

Uh-oh, someone’s noticed my Cyberdyne Systems ocular implant.

1 Like

Clever and very funny :rofl:

On a practical note, I find that proofreading works best when I change the background color, text color, and paragraph width.

I believe you also forgot a zero on “Eye of the Storm.”

It should be 1000% damage when Sweeping Wind hits one target.

3 Likes

Nice try with that :joy:

Was kinda hoping Nev’s reply reply would have had a duplicate word in it just to mess with Meteorblade

Don’t think I didn’t see what you did there but you need better bait.
Trolling is a art.

1 Like

So I must be a 3 year old with finger paints compared to your Van Gough??

BTW - I do the same thing IRL all the time
my wife is a magazine publisher/editor so I am always noticing grammatical errors, misspellings, etc.

I think you missed it. The intention was for you to pick up on the grammatical mistake and point out that I should have said “Trolling is an art.” at which point I would have revealed that it was deliberately done and you had been caught.

Oh, well.

You did have a pretty funny accidental typo today though.

Probably an auto carrot issue.

7 Likes

D@mnit to hedoubletoothpicks man, I was chomping at me bit to get my “an” in there.