Price checker program?

PoE have item price checker programs and its very good function.
Its write how is the founded item actual price (e.g pul, 2 ist, etc).
Old D2 or D2R not have this program?
Its helps beginners.
Or how check the item prices? How do i know what is valuable?

There is a price list from 2017 that you could use it.
Europe SC Ladder Price List 2017.Somone have postet the link hier in forum.

Thx.
Im searching in google.
Its actual list now?

You know what is valuable by

1. whether you want to use it.
  2. the effort you put into getting it.

Any price list dating prior to the release of D2:Resurrected will largely be inaccurate. Bots aren’t going to be present, at least shortly after release of the game.

That theoretical Shako you find on your first Hell Pit run two or three days in after the start of the very first D2:R ladder
 It will hold its value for considerably longer because bots aren’t quickly flooding the market with them. Its value will slowly drop as time goes on, because Harlequin Crest is fairly common. (for elite uniques, anyway)

1 Like

O price checker program membership N ber

1 Like

I have made item price list for all items, you can find it under trade channel in our discord:

Too many variables. Things are worth more at the start of ladder, nl items are worth less typically. Hc items are different sometimes as well, it all depends who’s willing to pay what. It’s just something you have to know and learn that’s constantly changing.

It’s usefull if not everyone knows the exact price of every item.

There is no such thing. It is an open market, not a shop. The price depends on time you want to spend for trading. E.g. I once bought a blood raven’s bow for um, but it is actually a free useless item.

1 Like

one man’s trash is another man’s treasure

The price always depends on who is buying and who he is buying from.
The people that trade for profit are the poeple that will tell you that you are not offering enough, and they will take only runes.

If you ask traders what the price is and random people, it will vary so much that it will be impossible to have an average that everyone agrees to.

The best way to stay updated on current value of gear “as it changes often throughout a ladder season” is honestly to follow d2jsp pricing standards concerning fg.

Even if you don’t use fg, you will be able to see how things are being priced. Example: Item (A) is being sold & bought by many people for anywhere between 90 and 110 fg. Item (B) is being sold & bought by many people for anywhere between 20 and 25 fg. So even if you prefer in-game trading, you are now aware that your Item (A) that you have is worth roughly 4x of those Item (B)s.

Even if you don’t want to actually use d2jsp for trading, you should use its pricing standards. They are as accurate as it gets.

I dont agree, FG will be confusing for anyone who is not already involved in it. People should be learning value of items in runes because most trades is done with them. Not by using imaginary currency. Also who is saying that d2jsp dictate price of items?

Best way how to know price of item is ask someone who understand value of items. I created price list for D2R including all in game items, I tried to use djsp to find prices for some special items and it was honestly useless for that. Reddit helped a lot more.

Those are words spoken by someone who either has no idea what’s going on with D2 economy or who has an agenda to steer people away from d2jsp in hopes of building up his discord.

The d2jsp community always has and likely always will dictate the value of items in-game for very obvious reasons. In any economy, literally any economy, macro or micro, even when viewing subsamples of a larger picture, it is ran by the most powerful players in that economy. These power players whether in an arpg, mmorpg, or even corporations & governments in real life, set the standards of pricing and how things work. ALL of the most powerful players in D2 economics work through d2jsp.

Even for players in-game who don’t even know what d2jsp is, when they go to find a trade to get an SOJ and are told that it is worth this many Runes, or that this many SOJs are worth this particular Rune, This is all in cascade to how trading works at the top of the elite scene.

It’s not that the economic power players randomly set prices, it’s that they are the smart ones who identify what’s going on before anyone else, who know how to get a hold of valuable gear before anyone else. And then they work together to create strategies where they will agree to sell say “Ber Runes” at some organized agreed upon flat price and never go under that. This way when people obtain Ber Runes, they know what they paid for them, and even when they go in-game to trade with people who don’t know what d2jsp is, they make sure they get what the Ber Runes are worth.

People who are in-game who do not use d2jsp, do not find all of this valuable gear anywhere even nearly as fast as the people who trade on d2jsp. THIS is why they control what’s going on. By the end of the first week, the whales already have obtained and keep obtaining what’s important, and then they set prices. People who only MF and barter in-game, take months or years to accomplish obtaining what the whales obtain by the end of the first week. ← This is true, and that is why they control the pricing of what is distributed.

It’s not that you can’t go in-game and find some guy who doesn’t know what a Ber Rune is worth, and totally scam him out of his godly week 1 drop for a Shako, it’s that this likely won’t ever happen. Usually, due to the effect I described to you, players quickly learn what people want and what they are or aren’t willing to pay for it. Even if they don’t know exact pricing that rises and falls based on the elite trade scene, they feel it and they get roughly acquainted with it, and this all is because of what the economical power playing whales are doing.

This works this way in any and every game economy.

Telling someone to not use d2jsp fg item values for a flat base gauge of what something is currently worth, is literally the worst advice I’ve ever seen someone give to a new player.

No offense.

And I mean seriously, d2jsp is the only place you’re gonna find people deep enough into the economy & game in general, where they will be able to point out to people that something that looks worthless, is actually some kind of godly low level duel drop worth thousands of fg “in-game equivalent of getting whatever you want”.

Truth is that i dont like D2jsp but that has nothing to do with my argument. As i said, i was doing my own price list and tried to use D2jsp among other source, i found out D2jsp to be pretty much useless for that. I could not find price of many items there, but i found prices on reddit. Not to mention that everything in D2jsp is counted n FG which complicated it. Its not real worth of the item as FG is affected by source outside of diablo 2. Economy of FG==/==economy of diablo 2.

Sure, its not my discord tho, but it was good idea so i joined and we frequently help players with price of items. I will support any place where people trade which is not run by people who scam people for real money or which is operated by cheaters who bot in D2, which completely ruined battle net experience since season 3-4. Nobody who cares about D2 to be clean place should support that site.

Thats pretty huge statement. Also not true, when i used to play, D2jsp didnt dictate anything as majority of player base didnt care about some imaginary FG currency. It might be the case for last few years. But that will most likely change with D2R as many people dont want to support anything like D2jsp so new places to trade will grow fast. Power of D2 jsp was with small player base, people went there because selling in games was harder. That will not be the case in D2R which will have influx of new players.

Prices arent dictated by jsp, prices are dictated by what player base want. Its the same in like 15 years. Only number of bots or duping is affecting the prices in bigger scale. But prices will be always dictated by whole player base, not by jsp.

Not true at all. D2jsp doesnt have monopol for most capable players in D2. I never used D2jsp and i had good gear fast. So did many others. I am the guy who sell stuff others dont have. I always was and i never did need jsp for that.

They dont control anything. Prices are dictated by what players in game need, not by jsp.

Months and years? Not really.

I dont think so, on non fg community player who has shako just ask what item cost or he will see trades going on, shako being sold for Mal or IST. So he will know that price is that.

Ok then if new player will go to jsp, he will get price in FG, he will not understand correlation between real price and fg, so he will be either force to use jsp, learn what is FG and trade with imaginary currency selling item and not having nothing real in hand when he sell it for fg. Or he will check few trades in FG to know FG price for shako, then if he wants to sell shako in game to get rune, he also need to check price of rune in fg and then compare it, to know what he can ask for it in game.

Sorry but using jsp is much slower and complicated way how to know the price, definitely for someone who already dont know the prices.

Sorry but definitely not true, D2jsp doesnt have monopol for good players who understand value of items.

Only reason I would ever use jsp would be to find buyer for very special and extremely rare items to boost my chance to sell it, as jsp is place with people who also trade.

1 Like

You missed the point I think.
The point is that it can be very usefull if loads of people have no clue of the value of the items.
You said it, you bought a useless item for an Um rune. The other guy probably knew more about the ingame economy than you did and he got rewarded for it. It’s one of the things that made the game fun. You could increase wealth by MFing but also by trading people who had a little less knowledge about the economy.
People who hardly had a clue of what they where doing, suddenly finding something like a Tal armor and selling it for P gems or something like that.

I think you missed his point

If you offer the real value for a low cost item many people won’t even bother to go and look for the mule where they have it just to earn nearly nothing. So if you want an item now you might be willing to overpay for it to get it immediately.

Hence why it can be very hard to trade for the “real” value as its always possible to trade for more or less of it

1 Like

It would be amazing if someone would develop a Programm for that in future :slight_smile:

General rule of trade is ask more and buy for less than is usual price. Because there are often people who are willing to pay more as they need the item fast. Or they will sell for more as they need runes to buy new stuff.

1 Like

There is site which calculate if rare or crafted ring is valuable.

If you need to know prices , i made price list for all items, its ± value of every set, uniq and many other things like charms or magic items. I used multiple source to make it, its free for usage to anyone who want it and i also will welcome feedback to make it more accurate. We have it on discord i was posting above.