Price checker program?

It’s not an argument. What you’re saying is in attempts to disregard a well known fact because you are looking for reasons to reinforce what you’ve chosen to believe in.

No. Systems of currency are a massive upgrade from trading/bartering.

^ This is straying very far away from what we were talking about.

Did you seriously think that all of those wealthy d2jsp traders, the elites and even the whales, got there because the d2jsp pricing was a lie and didn’t work?

Wrong. This is an over-simplification, but in a nutshell: pricing is dictated by who is distributing the items that players want. The people on d2jsp working with the advanced fg trade platform are the ones who mass distribute gear and largely hone in and set pricing. It’s been this way for nearly 20 years.

So naturally like with any economy in real life: Who do you think controls an economy? All of the people screaming who want things? Or the wealthy people at the top who have already won the game of trading? It is quite intrinsic that the wealthy people at the top who have already won, have won because they knew how to work and control the economy, and they continue to win because they keep doing it.

It’s like you’re completely unaware of what’s going on man.

Do you realize that at the start of ladder resets, d2jsp veterans will have like fully furnished near perfect pvp characters by the end of the first month? I’m talking full stacks of 40+ skillers, 5/15+vitas, everything they need. And through d2jsp it’s actually realistic to find & trade for impossible to obtain godlies, like an ethereal rare cruel fool mod mat javelin with 20%ias self-rep. An in-game only trader could play & trade for years before furnishing a near perfect pvp character. An in-game only trader could literally play for decades, MFing and spamming trade chats for the godly eth rare, and never see anything even remotely like it.

You must get very confused when you walk into a convenience store with 10.00 in your pocket.

Actually, it does. You would know as much were true if you had any idea of what you were talking about at all.

Support or don’t support whatever you want man. Just don’t toss out misinformation to guys asking questions about things you don’t understand. And for god’s sake don’t argue with people who are giving accurate information.

This thread was not about pro d2jsp or against d2jsp like you’ve tried to make it when you responded to me. The guy simply asked for an accurate way to gauge pricing, and d2jsp is the best answer whether you like that or not.

Oh, here we go again… Just another one jsp propaganda thread… Please, stop it!

It all boils down to patience.

If you want to profit and don’t mind waiting a bit, buy low/sell high.
If you want item(s) fast and don’t mind losing profit, buy high/sell low.

You might want to revise your pricing if:
1: …you think you’re selling high/buying low and 5 people join your game within 30 seconds.
2: …you think you’re selling low/buying high and no one joins the games you’ve been trying to sell the same item for two days.

Always be on the lookout for people selling valuables for stupid cheap. Socketed items are often sold for cheaper than what they’re worth.

You thinking that D2jsp users are basicly dictating prices of items is just hilarious. Its crazy claim that some jsp users own majority of wealth to dictate prices.

Keep dreaming.

What i wrote is true, why dont you properly react to it instead of this nonsense? New player will have issue to find out price on jsp if he never used fg before and if he just want to find out for what he can sell idk shako for example.

You are still wrong. But keep thinking you know more if that makes you happy.

Same goes for you. Giving new players tip to visit jsp for prices is just terrible advice.

Feel free to disagree.

Zax, you should take some time to run a browser search on a few economic crash-course tutorials, and watch a youtube video or two if you were curious at all as to what I was explaining here.

When they start talking about the role of the “Bank” in the economy, this is the role that d2jsp plays in the Diablo 2 economy, and that is why it is the central power source of the Diablo 2 economy.

You’ll see what I mean if you take the time to get even lightly acquainted with economics.

This isn’t about pro d2jsp or against d2jsp, it’s that what I am explaining to you is actually happening. If you are against d2jsp and want to help create a system/community that can usurp it, you really should better acquaint yourself with quite exactly what it would take to do that.

Hehe…just for fun, I calculated these javs…1:almost 30 million. Almost all of the gg cruel’s you see are imports, but it is fun to dream :smiley:

I had a real set, one of the best sets on USEast NL.

It took years and years of MFing specifically Act 4 Nightmare during resets to get a hold of, which renders the best possible chances of finding those mods, and even if it rolls on a normal base, you can just upgrade it to elite due to ladder season.

It’s still being traded around on USEast NL to this day, years after I had left the try-hard pvp scene to go play GW2 for awhile. It was sometime last year that I had went back to play a ladder reset because it had been awhile since I was active. Out of curiosity I had checked NL pricing to see how much items had depreciated since I had been gone, and there it was, a listing of a guy trying to trade a set of eth rare javelins. As a connoisseur I had to take a look to compare them to my old javelins. To my surprise it was my old javelins.

Labeled with my primordial main’s name AngryDiana, these were the javelins and character featured in the string of guides I had began writing and updating for over a decade now, a collaboration of guide content that has received 10x as many views as even what the d2jsp mods put together themselves, and several hundreds of times more views than any other guides anywhere else on the internet. If you don’t believe that, you can fact check it yourself. In a time after Enigma when people believed bowazons to be garbage tier, those javelins allowed me to discover an alternative build structure & play style which enabled bowazon to remain very competitive in the higher tiered pvp scene, even amongst Druid/Trapper/Necro. I had gained a certain level of notoriety in the GM pvp scene due to this, which is why my east/west guides were largely successful alongside of Jesper’s EU bugged belt guide. Due to what I had written and distributed for east/west players who did not have access to bugged belt, bowazons were able to be competitive again. Still to this day when I log into d2jsp, I have a mailbox full of people asking me questions about bowazons.

This was all set into motion by those javelins, an organically generated non-imported electronical game item that is now older than most people’s children. It has been racking up kills in the blood moor and allowing bowazons to win high stake tournaments against the best players in the game for over 10 years.

Those javelins are real, and very old items like this with deep history that have passed from competitor to competitor to whale to collector, have transcended the idea of being a godly or even a true trophy. Items like that belong in an electronical museum, with a detailed account of what each holder used it for, and what its effect was on the gaming culture around it.

What I’m trying to say is that it is possible to find real gear like this, but an in-game only trader would never have a chance in hell of ever laying a finger on that set of javelins. If players want to get a hold of things like this, they have to get involved in all the trading platforms and seriously go out of their way to find them to even have a chance of bidding on it or convincing someone to sell it.

1 Like

You think having prices for items in a set currency is more confusing than sifting through god knows how many barters/trades going on in trade chat and game names? Seriously?

How is a new player supposed to judge the relative value of high runes? By their cube formula? He could go to jsp and see FT lists with runes listed, and the price for each. Even if he doesn’t use jsp to trade, there’s a clear indication of the value of the runes.

Same goes for items. If one item is listed for 100 FG and another is listed for 10, it’s pretty clear which is the more valuable item. That’s why every economy in the world eventually develops a common currency. Diablo 2 is actually an interesting case study for that: gold is worthless as a trading currency, so the community settled on SOJ’s, then later on HR’s.

As was said, you don’t have to use the site to trade, but if you want to know how much something is worth - that’s the place to go (they even have “price check” threads (and "FG or Charsi?) for any odd rare items you find.

1 Like

Its imaginary currency, lets be clear about that. Its not real price of item because you can use FG only with people on jsp.

Lol? And on jsp you do what? you will do exactly same, you will keep cfhecking topics to learn the price in exactly same way as on other places. We are not in 2008, this is 2021 dude, there is already many places where people will be able to check prices, and actualy real price, not price in imaginatory currency.

Lets say you have for example two places, Reddit and JSP to check price. If you use Reddit, you will find out price in runes or idk Pgems. You can directly go to game and proceed with trade to sell or buy. If you use jsp, you will find out FG price, then you have to check what is FG, then you have to check how much the price in FG is related to runes, for example if item you want to sell cost 120 FG when 40 FG is Ist, you have to seasrch for this.

Its just too more steps you have to make instead of go to place where people give you REAL price instantly in currency you will be using, runes or pgems. And thats why is d2jsp bad place to find out price of item for new players who dont understand prices.

jsp can be used to sell or buy some hard to get and very rare items, sure, but thats not what is this topic about. Its not about effectivity of selling or buying, its about finding out prices. There are other places growing up with people who will tell you real price of items for D2R faster then you will find out on jsp.

My good dude, you seriously need to take 20 minutes of your day and do what I told you to do, go read or watch a crash course tutorial on how economies work before continuing to argue with people on this topic.

When it explains how banks effect economies, understand that this is the role that d2jsp plays in Diablo 2’s economy. Because that fg has cash value, this is what makes the currency real, much more real than any in-game based currency. This is similar to how US banks had fixed the value of a dollar to a certain amount of gold that the government held.

This is also why their pricing is accurately updated DAILY with rising & falling trends, because the currency being used has value not only in-game but also out of game, and people actually take handling it seriously.

If you try to make some static never changing list of the value of items, it will serve only as a means for people to be scammed who actually believe in that list. When the true values of things are rising and falling season to season and era to era, if your static never changing list says that Perfect Gems are worth twice as much as they actually are in the current trend, a person who is aware of this will mass purchase Perfect Gems through a more accurate trade platform and then find guys who refer to your list and sell those Gems to double their wealth because dudes using your list think they are worth twice as much as they actually are. And then vice versa happens when your list has gear listed during a trend that is valued as only half of what it actually is.

In a game where ladder seasons often reset and the item values are constantly rising & falling, trying to make a static “this is how it is” list of item values is naive and just plain gullible.

Oh and also, your comment about not using fg. People who chose to not use fg are like people in the US government who chose to trade & barter selling microwaves for bicycles instead of using the american dollar.

There is a lot you are greatly misunderstanding. Watch the videos, go read.

I’m not telling you to like d2jsp, but I am trying to get you to acknowledge how it works and how it effects the Diablo 2 economy.

Are you seriously that delusional that you compare jsp to banks lol? Its not role of jsp. You have no clue what you talk about.

FG is imaginatory currency, if your guru of jsp decide to shut down the site your thousands of FG are worthless. If you will be banned on whim, your thousands of fg is worthless. It will have value of dust. Plenty of people also were reporting about shady things going on there, people banned for no reason losing thousands of FG in process. You thinking how big influence jsp has on D2 economy is actualy laughable :slight_smile:

Or you think owner of jsp will Cash you out if something will go wrong there? :rofl:

Dont bother replaying, i am no more interested to discuss with jsp shill.