Post your season theme idea for S25 or S26

I will start

1.) Season of choice:
-when creating a character you can choose between a season theme from previous seasons.

2.) Season of Meteor
-call a Meteor that kills the closest monster (5 min cooldown, not working on Rift Guardians)

3.) Season of Double Shrine Duration

• …okay thats lame i guess
2 Likes

4.) Season of Stick Around Buddy

• You get to have all of your followers active in solo play.
  • You can have one follower active in group play.

5.) Season of I Love My Gems

• You can use 6 legendary gems two each rings/amulet.

6.) Season of Finders Keepers

• You get to use 3 pets each one will pick up something different.
  • They each offer some type of special ability to help you out.
  • Something like this the new Lesser Mummy Pet will give you 50% resistance to fire damage. :fire:
7 Likes

I like to see a season that grants you more experience. Something like paragon 1-1000 you gain 50% more experience, 1001-2000 25% more, 2001-3000 10% and so on until it caps out at 5000.

Also, I would like to get rid of the 1-70 leveling up. That’s just stupid and a waste of time.

3 Likes

Season of the Witch –

You are surrounded by an aura of purple butterflies that switches between these effects every 20 seconds:

1. Convention of Elements (to get a full cycle of each element)
  2. Oculus Ring
  3. Molten Wildebeest’s Gizzard [level 25 effect]
  4. Slow Time - Stretch Time
  5. Esoteric Alteration [level 25 effect]
  6. Mutilation Guard [level 25 effect]
  7. ??? others if they’re cool maybe.

Pet - scarecrow or animated jack-o-lantern.

New “goth wings” which look more like a trench coat, hanging low and inward, not up and away.

4 Likes

Oh, and the other season –

The Season of Free Trade:

No items are account bound.

2 Likes

That one will not help solo players.

2 Likes

Yep, the reverse of S23.

Season of Hidden Treasures…

All class specific items without a legendary power can drop with another class items power.

Similar to Ethereals, but you’ll see things like (DH as an example) a Balefire Caster could drop with Hellcat Waistguard power or NCS or Emimie’s. That sort of thing.

Yeah, it’s similar to Ethereals but it’d be different in that it doesn’t create a different class of items but just gives existing powers to existing items.

2 Likes

I’m a simple man, keep Etherials and bring back an additional cube slot. Also, let our pets grab breath from the ground, please.

7 Likes

I get this every season.

1 Like

“hurry up and start already” theme would be my choice

2 Likes

Season of Petrifying Authority

• Random uber bosses spawn in your Greater Rift, Rifts and throughout the World Map.
  • Each boss killed inside a Greater Rift empowers it and grants +1 chance to level your gem per boss killed, this allows you to exceed 5 gem ups at the end of the Grift
  • Each boss killed in a Rift has a chance to drop Greater Rift keys.
  • Each boss killed in the outside world has a chance to drop Bounty materials.
  • Spawning the Greater Rift Guardian will not de-spawn uber bosses.
  • Each boss kill grants a random Shine effect that lasts 60 seconds. (bandit and fortune shrines cannot be triggered inside a greater rift).
2 Likes

extra fun for hardcore players :smirk:

1 Like

Bosses and upper-end rewards that many people will not be able to achieve.

1 Like

Season of the Bone Idle.

Pets pick up all your loot and mats.

Legendary loot get’s a “salvage all” option, like the others.

No more running through level 1 to kill the mobs on level 2, just make it a level 1 deal.

Max level button for gem leveling, so I don’t have to click the button 5 times, I did say Bone Idle, I wasn’t lying.

How about the Season of the Mad Sage.

We get Deckard Cain with these skills as a follower.

3 Likes

I have no original ideas to add (yet - just got off work). I just wanted to say this has been a FANTASTIC thread to read. I love ALL of these ideas!!! Especially Cain as a follower LOL. If they would do ANY of these it would be great!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if they started recycling some past themes, like free RoRG or free cube slots. What really makes the season are the balance changes, after all.

Otherwise something simple like 4th legendary gem in helm or weapon could work. Again, nothing too elaborate that would break the game and divert their resources away from balance changes.

2 Likes

Season of the ‘Player’ Everyone’s screen name is Meteorblade.

2 Likes

I see that the FAKE Metorblade in on the D2R forum so that just might work.