Post your ethereals

https://m.twitch.tv/bluddshed/clip/BlushingKnottyMangetoutLitty-gM-mE8CRBvr1bOEK

All ethereals in the vid.

2 Likes

Fun bit about the Ethereals

Salvaging them gives a large amount of different crafting mats and sometimes even GR keys. So they are not tied to giving you one type of Salvage yield.

25 Likes

I’m confused by the transmog part here. Aren’t things like Wizardspike and Windforce already items in game? Are these alternate looks?

So… because we don’t know the exact stats on the DH weapons (missing info,for me at least) i can pretty much say, BOW= MS UE, no RCR, but a HUGE dmg increase. Dawn in cube, as always…

they will never learn, no love put into that.

they better keep,. readjust and add items, otherwise, i don’t see a bright future for such seasons.

Have to admit, the ethereals are interesting at the moment. Got my first one during the first rift as a drop. Went from barely killing to one-shotting everything at Expert.

(solo play)

Then after finding two blood shard gobs in that rift and the RG at the end, picked up several more from the vendor, though those were all level 70… LOL

Still. Interesting. I see the follower can’t equip them though. Too bad. Edit: Verified this. Simply says “Wrong type of item for this slot.”

But they have the kind of stats that I wish we had for the past 9 years on items. They have the feel of the Vanilla items, but with power. Rather than the forced 4/2 most items have become after the fall of the AH.

Anyway.

5 Likes

So essentially instead of just wielding Furnace we’ll equip Grandfather with the Furnace power and the only actual Ethereal bonuses are “Always has…” stats. Kind of underwhelming.

It would be much more interesting if these weapons rolled with powers from other classes, ie Blade of the tribes would roll with “Auto cast a Sentry every 5 seconds, dealing XY% of your damage”

1 Like

Crusader

DH

WD

Monk

Barb

Necro

Wiz

(auto-adj OCR screencaps from Bluddshed vid that Poconut posted)

20 Likes

Do you get weapon packs or bag of fortune?

How did you get that from PTR merch ?
is it random ?

Djank Me’em has a cache called PTR Fortune Cache or something, that one drops the Ethereals. Also note that this has to be done on a Seasonal character, as it does not drop for a Non-Seasonal character even on the PTR.

2 Likes

Hah I didn’t even consider doing that. Idk why on PTR you have to do seasonal anyway. Eh well.

2 Likes

Given how easy it is to find them along the way while doing a few rifts, I think they are subjected to the Community Buff of Legendary drop increase.

If that is the case, boy will finding an Ethereal weapon that actually works with your build is going to be just as bad as finding a Primal.

1 Like
  • Increased movement speed on elite pack kill is interesting.
  • Applying fear on curse is interesting.
  • I wonder if the “+100% damage” and the “consecutive hits… up to 100% damage” are multiplicative ? In that case it does x2 x2 = x4 which is higher than the x3 of Trag’Oul’s Corroded Fang.
1 Like

https://i.ibb.co/c2bxzV5/unknown.png

Combined with this beauty for my wiz:

https://i.ibb.co/GVC3Tp9/unknown2.png

For some reason it won’t let me link them. Just obliterating stuff.

Pumped it to T3, killed an elite in 5 ticks of Disintegrate.

They are D2-version transmogs.

Correct - PTR has a perma buff to drop rates so it rains legendaries, set items etc.

1 Like

Yup, but I was hoping the devs would actually not have the Community Buff affect Ethereals, but Ethereals is after all considered a legendary.

I dread to think what the actual drop rates are like when it hits live …

1 Like

I think they’ll drop well enough based on your playtime.

Usable… no.

Drop well enough… yes sure.

Personally, they just there for the bait of the future tmogs. Again thats just for me.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be surprise if any actually drop for anyone while leveling up once the patch hits live (assuming that the Ethereal droprate isn’t adjusted by then).

1 Like

It could happen, but the odds are like 1 in 100 legendaries found in game.