I'm dissappointed about stats on Ethereals for thorns

So all the +100% dmg on weapons - do nothing for thorns! Also like CHC, CHD, AS, IDL, Increased pickup radius and Level requirement…
Just look at this crap for Crusaders: Post your ethereals - #12 by Solo-12296

There is not a single weapon with all useful stats for thorns! No candy, no something BiS.

I want to see an Etherial with +100% to thorns damage. Why other builds can achieve 100% benefits from new weapon stats, but thorn-builds only a half?

do you really expect these guys (that are currently in charge) to understand the game?

I was expected a bit of brain from the guys who created those things. Every basic schooler can do better.

It’s clear that they said “weapons only” so one of the weapons you got can spawn with Hack’s legendary power to apply thorns damage on each attack but nothing more, nothing less. I’m not aware if there are any remarkable weapon legendary power for any Crusader thorns build but there’s that.
Also I’m still awaiting the issue with Shadow Set because there’s no melee ethereal weapon for DHs. I hope they theorycraft and cook up something before Season goes live.

The reason The Redeemer has reduced level requirements is because that’s what it had in Diablo 2. However, the two games have vastly different level requirement systems making such a stat on a very rare Diablo 3 weapon appear as the devs were somehow lazy or incompetent. Ethereal’s are meant to not only be useful Diablo 3 weapons, but act as homages to their D2 counterparts. Sometimes the stats don’t translate well.

I would suggest, in keeping with the spirit of the Diablo 2 weapon, giving the weapon Vitality instead. In Diablo 2, the actual benefit of a reduced level requirement weapon would be lower Strength and Dexterity requirements which led to more attribute points being free for Vitality.

Similarly, the Diablo 2 version had the redemption aura which converted corpses to health and mana. That’s probably where the idea for the pickup radius comes from, but again, that translates very poorly into Diablo 3. Life per hit or life regeneration would fit the spirit and be more effective. Perhaps a larger radius than 1 or 2, but oddly radius didn’t actually increase with points in redemption so that may not be fitting.

Thorns is a useful concept to modern D3 Crusader builds, and so it would be nice to be represented but, again, it doesn’t really translate in the way they seem to be trying to do with these ethereal weapons.

1 Like

This are not weapons for every build out there. Is an in-game event for the upcoming D2:R where some builds will benefit greatly from Ethereals, than other ones.

And is fine!