Post deleted by author

post deleted by author

1 Like

Rend already got nerfed a little with the Lamentation belt. Instead of 200% increase to Rend damage, it’s only 150%

5 Likes

Don’t know what “potential” means, do ya?

3 Likes

Please stop asking for NERFS. OP = Fun Police Apparently

8 Likes

Yeah so Chantodo wasnt working as Intended and was adjusted accordingly . Nothing wrong with REND and therefore it shouldnt be touched.
Why make something less fun to play. Do you want ever fewer ppl playing this game

7 Likes

But it is working as intended . Have you seen NS Lately . 5K para 130 clears. people with much higher para then that are doing higher.
Dont go RUIN the barb set just because your previous i was in the META for like a year Wizard for NERF

4 Likes

If you ask me, Rend needs a buff. This will make it a potentially better set.

7 Likes

Chantodo/archon vrys wasn’t nerfed due to its overpowerness compare to other builds, its because their efficiency in fishing for Illusionist Enslave Nightmare. Vyrs kills RG more efficient than Rend can. Vyrs is more tanky than TR monk in high GR vs Enslave Nightmare.

Those 2 builds do not perform the same as pre nerfed Vrys in terms of fishing for Illusionist Enslave Nightmare. The same reason Bone Ringer Thorns solo was nerfed.

I agree, if anything, all builds should at the very least be viable or challenging at most. It’s very satisfying to steamroll mobs you previously strugled with, when you happen across a piece of gear that fits your build.

Another part of the problem with chantodos as well, was that under specific bugged circumstances, the wizard temporarily became invincible. I liked the extra attack speed and damage before they nerfed it, but I understand why they did that.

At present most builds mentioned are sitting between 138-142 (±2).
The WD and Sader have also been nerfed. They both hit 150.
If the difference was 10 GR’s perpetually with the highest players between all mentioned builds, then I would agree, but looking in each region, it is not.

If something is clearly overpowered, it deserves a nerf. Balancing one OP build by buffing everything else is the very wrong way to do things. Balancing requires both buffs and nerfs. Overpowered outliers get nerfed, underpowered outliers get buffed.

Nerfs are never done to ruin fun. Those are done to maintain balance.

As for Rend, the highest clears are above GR140s at 10k paragon. Since the balance target is GR130 at 5k paragon, the difference between clears is more than the extra power from paragon gives, even when taking rift RNG into consideration which can give a few GR levels extra in ideal conditions. So Rend build is technically slightly overpowered.

7 Likes

Exactly.

Wasn’t this guy nerf? At least in NS, I haven’t seen him in months, I even looked for him many times I couldn’t find him, I asked my friends and they said they had never seen him again, so 2 weeks ago a group of 4p told me they found him for the first time in months.
Anyway, i think we shouldn’t balance chant around this bugpack

@topic

Rend is totally unfair to other builds. Rend kills trash, kills elites, can use the main attributes of a zBarb (chains and IP), can kill the GR in a VERY low time, can use FoT … There is no other build in this game so full of attributes …

Rend is above target, I got 130 solo with 3.8k paragon in NS (past ERA), caldessan 110 and my gems were not at max. I have seen other players who have achieved greater clears.

The way rend can kill the boss is disproportionate for a build that can handle density so well and provide us with such a huge progression during GR. Perhaps this should be the point where rend should be adjusted (although I think FoT should be removed from this game) … This will mitigate your power at a higher level, but it will not affect speeds.

2 Likes

Yeah and bring back the crusader capt america build to its original potential lol yeah yeah lol chantos been on top too long qq

Looking at the seasonal leader boards, the Rend & TR Monk are in the middle of the pack, with Crusader and WD above and Wizard, DH, Necro below. In the next patch they are nerfing Crusader and WD and they have the opportunity to boost the DH and Necro with the new sets. It seems to me that the Rend & TR Monk are the bar that they are trying to get all classes to.

2 Likes

Sounds like you want the barb/monk to be nerfed because you are mad the wiz got nerfed.

Not nice friend.

6 Likes

I think the issue is consistency. Why should a build be nerfed in a patch that introduces a stronger build that is left alone? Ideally, it is best to have top builds for all classes within a couple GR of each other.

2 Likes

Agree with your point!

I think this dude is ninja nerfed. I haven’t seen him for long time whether NS or seasons. Agree we should not nerf builds but rather fix these cheesing mob type instead.

Blizzard should announce in patch notes of these mob type spawn rate changes though. Whether buff or nerf.

1 Like

Referring to PTR nerf of the capt america build when they didnt nerf chantos and continued thru season 19 i believe it was . Most of the current builds will be null and void when cube buff is gone.

The 2 sets are close to each other in power. With in 5 gr levels is fine. The constant pissing and moaning over it makes OP really sound like a butt hurt Wizard player.

These sets are fine. I’d rather they invest time into making the unused sets better. Firebird’s set needs to be redesigned, it’s terrible and I have hated since it was made. The hydra set could also stand to have a dps bump. Exploding Palm Monk would be nice to play again too. These are the sets that need attention. Not your “pet” set that you love.

1 Like