Possibly more bad news for Diablo immortal

They can always hide the “pay-to-win” element of Diablo 4 behind the ambigious design, just like they did in Diablo 3. Game was too original and nobody had any idea which piece or affixes to chase back then. While buying something from the Auction House felt mandatory, for some dedicated players and apparently developers themselves, it was a walk in the park.

1 Like

Then don’t buy D4 until it comes out. I will not be preordering it. I will not be buying it opening week. If they want my $60, they need to honor their word and earn it. If they can’t stand up to their word, well, there are a ton of other games to sink my money into.

I already stated as much in several threads. Pre Immoral I had been all set to pre purchase D4, however after seeing the horrible truth these past couple months I have since decided I won’t be buying D4 until 2 weeks or a month after release so that I can hear from those who actually play it whether it is worthy or not.

1 Like

i just hope they get forced to change their predatory PW2 system is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond aceptable, i accept whales but give us f2p users the option to progress a bit, not this capped worthless crafting system for f2p

2 Likes

They also said that there would be no way to buy gear in Diablo Immortal and, by a strictly definitional sense, you can’t but that’s a weaselly distinction when you can buy your way to high level legendary gems which give huge amounts of power.

And the reason that people are less trusting of the statements about Diablo IV is precisely because they made statements about Diablo Immortal not selling power for money, then sold power for money. Players know not to trust what Blizzard say and instead watch what Blizzard do because they’re no longer guaranteed to be the same thing. This distrust is entirely Blizzard’s fault.

9 Likes

DI is at the lowest score on metacritic of ANY Blizzard title its one-tenth lower than the notorious Warcraft 3 remake with its 0.6 user score.

honestly how bad a game is it when it even dropped below WC3R? the only reason most people bought it was for the meatwagon mount to use in WoW

Pretty sure if we review things they never made promises about Immortal. They refused to talk about the Immortal model and we all said it would be typical mobile P2W …

D4 is the only one they made promises about. Either that or I was so upset still about DI back in 2018 I blocked out anything about it.

It wasn’t in 2018 they said D:I would not sell gear or gear upgrades, it was months ago.

I absolutely remember Wyatt saying in a video that they would not sell gear for money.
He absolutely said this and then they sold legendary gems (for power) for money.

3 Likes

Forbes Magazine “Jun 6, 2022,08:08am EDT”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/06/06/diablo-immortal-doesnt-sell-gear-because-legendary-gems-arent-gear-says-director/?sh=4de2d681312a

Well, they did not sell gear. They sold everything else that leads to gear and also to power.

I expected nothing less of a F2P mobile but my standards were low.

This is going to sound odd - I expected so little that I am rather happy the game is decent and I can do the whole story and decent daily gameplay free. No blocks, popups, nothing.

It is an odd mix of really good, and really bad at the same time.

1 Like

Read the info and all that says is that it is getting a bad score says nothing that I saw that it wasn’t going to China unless you want to point out where it specifically says that it isn’t going to China

Are you trying to say that Blizzard said this when at the begining of that line it said

Which is what the fans believe and considering Blizzard also said there will be microtransactions for cosmetics but not for power there is going to be microtransactions just not pay2 win

If you had anything resembling a clue and seeing as you know what was said at Blizcon, you should also know that Immortal was not for the PC market it was for the mobile phone market

and the PC market is a drop in the ocean when compared to the mobile phone market
Not every one has a PC, but damn near everyone has a mobile phone and if you paid any attention to people you would know a lot of them have their noses buried in their phones instead of paying attention to whats going on around them

The mobile phone market is available for people to play on, Blizzard just made the business decision to make a game for the Mobile phone market, to exploit like everyone else has and use the same model as everyone else

Don’t remember you throwing a fit because Blizzard decided to put D3 on the consoles

Is pay2 win bad, you bet it is, but it also the same model everyone else does as far as I can tell

You are just mad because they didn’t make it soley for the PC market and how dare a business open THEIR game, note it is their game and they can do whatever the hell they want with it, and you as the consumer can choose not to buy it
But seriously the people they lose because of putting the game on phone will more than made up with the new people coming to the game
Your way of thinking they shouldn’t of made anything after RoS because of the hatred they caused with those that were there just for the RMAH could no longer rip off their fellow players and those foolish enough to buy items had their items made worthless because of the level rise and increased drop rate

Come to think of it where was you and every one else at the release of D3 complaining about Pay2win mechanics with the RMAH, everyone thought that was great, or are you going to try to claim that aint P2W because the players were getting the money more than Blizzard even though you were paying for more power buying it in the RMAH
can you say hypocrite

1 Like

no what they sold was a misrepresentation to get players in the game after all they didnt promise you would be expected to buy ingame items but they also were careful NOT to promise it would be required and that is the kind of legal ambiguity that can be used against Blizzard since they in fact wrote the terms of the contract governing the game

“Ambiguity in contract law can result in a void or voidable contract, depending on the type of ambiguous language identified in the agreement. A contract might be ambiguous if the language itself, i.e. a specific term, word, or phrase, is reasonably subject to more than one interpretation. Moreover, if one of the parties is unclear as to what is expected of him, then that party can make an argument that the contract is ambiguous.”

“in most jurisdictions, ambiguous contracts are said to be resolved “against” the party that drafted the contract. The party that did not write the contract will sometimes receive the benefit of the doubt regarding ambiguities. This is because it is assumed that the party that drafted the contract may have more knowledge and bargaining power compared with the other.”

2 Likes

Game is free, if you wish you can buy stuff you can but it is not a requirement to progress, If you want to spend thousands to shortcut the grind and get to end game faster thats a choice you made you didn’t have to buy their junk you made the conscious choice to spend that money no trickery involved

The thing is spending money is NOT required, I haven’t spent a cent and haven’t required to buy anything to continue\

Care to name ONE thing that is required to be bought otherwise you can’t play the game, because I haven’t hit it yet

1 Like

It is 100% impossible to be competitive without spending thousands of dollars. I’m sure as a solo playing casual with zero interest in leaderboards, you’ll do just fine without spending a cent.

1 Like

Wasn’t the question fool

I have zero interest in whatever point you’re trying to make. I don’t care what a bad, casual shill thinks, this monetization is a disgrace to the Diablo franchise.

It is a requirement to pay past a certain point to progress on the leaderboard. The game is swamped with leaderboards for a reason.

4 Likes

The point is at the end of the Day you do NOT have to spend money on the game, and I agree with the whole pay 2 win but the Fact remains that you are not required to pay any money to play, If you are silly enough to spend thousands on a mean nothing leaderboard thats your fault
And if you played D3 you would know that there was a big carry on because there was no leaderboard, and was eventually put in, so they put in the mean nothing leaderboard in to shut 1 small minority group up

1 Like

When they said they would not sell gear for money, the implication was that you could not buy your way to having a more powerful hero. Then they sold ways to get really powerful legendary gems, which give direct increases to Combat Rating, and also give Resonance which increases the benefits of all the stats on every single piece of gear. So, yes, in a strict sense, they didn’t sell gear for money but it’s a fine distinction. They’re selling gambling tokens, to get legendary gems, which do increase your power, and multiply the benefit of the gear you’re wearing.

It’s the difference between the spirit of what they said, and the letter of what they said. This is why people are extremely distrustful of the claims they’re making about the monetisation model of Diablo IV because of how weaselly they were about Immortal. Saying one thing, then effectively doing the exact opposite, tends to undermine the credibility of future statements.

10 Likes

And that is the exact reason why I’m not going to go out and preorder D IV like I would of done before Immortal