Possibly more bad news for Diablo immortal

all of Blizzards work to bring DI to China mightve been all for naught which is kind of a bit of irony considering they went to such lengths to try and attract their share of the gaming market with its launch

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/neteases-game-diablo-immortal-banned-093000895.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

3 Likes

this is like when Clark Griswold bought the pool before he got his christmas bonus, and then the boss scumbagged his employees and cut out bonuses.

this could be a literal nightmare for D:I

4 Likes

wonder how theyll spin this into somehow being the players fault? maybe start going on about how no one ever warned them this game was headed for a fail

4 Likes

It was all our fault for expressing negativity at being fleeced.

9 Likes

I don’t get it… Are they really this incapable of inner communication or there’s something else going on behind the curtain? What’s going on?

I can only speculate at this point but my guess is that China has seen all the negative feedback on the western release and are rethinking involvement.

2 Likes

the nerve of us speaking up this is how Blizzard reacted

8 Likes

That would be some great news. This cancerous business model needs to be ended.

7 Likes

https://hypebeast.com/2022/6/blizzard-diablo-iv-rod-fergusson-monetization-comments

" Taking to Twitter, the producer says that “To be clear, D4 is a full price game built for PC/PS/Xbox audiences,” suggesting that the game will follow its traditional model of not featuring any microtransactions. However, Fergusson went on to say that the team will be “delivering an incredible breadth of content after launch, for years to come, anchored around optional cosmetic items & full story-driven expansions.” The mentioning of optional cosmetic items and expansions nonetheless fed into fans’ skepticism, believing the game will still feature microtransactions, even if not as severe and broken as the system in Diablo Immortal ."

sounds like a fancy way of saying they refuse to accept the fact DI was a shameless cash grab by trying to tone down yet still NOT rid the franchise of the things that caused all the negativity in the first place

D4 will just be another paid to win game

3 Likes

Proof? Other than unfounded trite in the face of nearly 3 years of saying no.

1 Like

guess you missed the part where the date on that story says

Jun 16, 2022 that is TWO DAYS AGO not 3 years

seriously how much in denial can some people be?

do yourself a favor beef go lay down a bit you are clearly unable to compehend the situation

either way i have nothing more to say to you since you are obviously incapable of saying anything unless it defends Blizzard and their unethical behavour

1 Like

This is what they always said D4 would be. They stated up front that it would have a shop, for cosmetics and such, but no items or power.

You really really hate phone games, and Immortal, and that is fine. D4 is not supposed to be following that model.

They have been clear about the D4 business model since announcement in 2019. That is what people are talking about. Nothing about it has changed. Rod re-stated what has already been published, to help people feel a bit more confident that D4 won’t morph into an Immortal style model. It will stay the way they initially said.

3 Likes

Where did it say D4 will be P2W? It doesn’t. You seem to be incapable of understanding MTX doesn’t mean P2W.

4 Likes

no i just dont like seeing companies putting out this kind of product then acting surprised that people are upset about it

dont get me wrong ive defended Blizzard in the past when i felt the company deserved it however in good concience i can not do so in this instance

DI is an unethical shameless cash grab that preys on the gullibility of players who would throw their last dollar at it

the fans didnt like it when it was first announced in 2018 and here we are in 2022 and Blizzard is like oh come on try it youll like it

its the utter contempt the company has shown regarding the opinion of people that outright told them this game was bad and yet they still insisted on throwing it out there

Blizzard asked for feedback and when the majority told them what they didnt want tio hear they did like they always do go into hiding and maintain radio silence

they dont want to hear the negative feedback they expected us all to be 100% in support and when that doesnt happen they go into defensive mode and throw out condesiding remarks like “you think you do but you really dont” etc etc

and they wonder why more and more loyal fans are becoming jaded and cynical its because were tired of the lies and the talking down to us like children having a tantrum simply because we actually give them feedback and comments they didnt want to hear

2 Likes

I don’t think D4 will have a model similar to D:I at monetization. They have been made for different audiences after all.
Back to topic; what are the odds that the ban stays that way? I’m expecting it to be reversed or pardoned in a short notice but if not, then you can say most of the commercial reach of Diablo Immortal bye-bye at China.

There will be some form of paid advancement in D4. I would bet money that it will be in the game. They always use this corporate double speak like when Wyatt lied about not being able to buy gear from the cash shop in DI, but of course he didn’t clarify that gems don’t fit his definition of “gear.” Will p2w in d4 be as bad as immortal? No, but you can bet it will be there in some way.

2 Likes

This is exactly it.
The “near” proof is the fact that they chose not to use exclusionary language when addressing this for D4 when they easily could have. They used a lawyerism that left the door open to implement P2W. There has to be a reason behind that. At BEST they are considering P2W dynamics. But I think it’s much more likely they already know they will be implementing P2W and are just trying to dupe us for higher sales, like they did with D:I.

The difference is, D: Immoral has no cost to try it and find out it is full of P2W. D4 will have a base purchase cost and if it also contains P2W we won’t know until we have already paid for it, which is horrible and wrong.

1 Like

They lied to us so they would have more people playing it. More people buying the stuff until they realized how pay to win it was. It was done for profit and to paint the active user numbers, hands down.

I think it was good of the D4 team to respond fairly quickly after the XBox announcements to assure people it wasn’t using D:I style monetization. I just wish the Overwatch team did the same after their F2P announcement. I can see why people still don’t trust the D4 team’s statements given that Wyatt apparently lied about D:I monetization, but D4 being B2P makes it seem reasonable that we can expect it won’t be a P2W hellscape like D:I.

It’s a much bigger concern for OW2, especially OW2 PvE given it will be F2P PvE and have the opportunity for P2W monetization. Their silence over a number of concerns people have brought up since then isn’t exactly encouraging. Unlike the D4 team, the OW team hasn’t addressed any major concerns after two major announcement days last week. No confirmation there’s zero P2W monetization of their upcoming PvE content. No comment yet on requiring phones connected to an account to play OW2 (doesn’t affect a ton of people probably, but it is kind of dirty to apply that requirement to people who purchased OW1 and have been playing without it for years). Not exactly clear on how seasonal PvE content works or how limited mission availability will be.

1 Like