Poggu? (new D4 class?)

Technically we already have with Leah (since she’s considered Diablo’s and Adria’s child), as well as Astrogha’s descendents. As for angels and humans, we know at least there were some who hooked up (like Lycander and Philios), however it’s unknown if such mingling led to children (We know it didn’t with Lycander and Philios), likely not as of now.

1 Like

So Tyrael was visiting Myriam the Mystic when no one was watching?

2 Likes

HA! I think I could of had a little better taste. But what the heck in a desperate world…

Remember Tyrael converted to Human who knows what magic happened to his DNA… (If he has any)

Funny thing about the poster the girl has a face but no corneas or irises in her eyes, just the whites. Maybe that’s a mask???

1 Like

While Tyrael’s mortal, he’s not human, as he lacks the demonic essence that’s required to be human. In other words, He’s simply a mortal angel. Of course, that’s not to say that Tyrael can’t mate with a human, as I imagine he, along with any angel, is indeed capable of doing so, just as demons are able to have children with humans.

Males existed in Amazon lore they were just not trained to fight. Times have changed, the men may be needed. If the Amazon was added it would be both male and female.

My question is who posted it to displate? Maybe it was removed because someone modified official artwork?

Indeed. I said it before some years back, but Diablo 3 RoS ended with a near genocide being commited upon humanity. There’s no way there wouldn’t be any changes to the cultures of many groups, especially if it’s a matter of survival.

2 Likes

According to ancient Greek mythology, Amazons were only female warriors.
All historical texts depict or refer to the mythological tribe of Amazons as female warriors.
There is no mention or depiction of a male warrior in the Amazon tribe.

Modern archaeologists believe that the myth of the Amazons was created by the ancient Greeks, because of some Scythian tribes that actually existed and where women were equal to men and there were several female warriors in their ranks.
They believe that ancient Greeks were so impressed by these tribes, that they created the myth of a society that consisted only of female warriors.
However, none of this has been proven.
The myth remains as we know it and refers only to women.

1 Like

Yes, but we’re not talking about the Greek myth of Amazons, but instead Amazons within the Diablo universe, and nothing within the Diablo lore stated that only the females can use the Amazons abilities.

If it would be a Valkery like class, it would have a different name to allow for both genders. But still be like Valkaries.

Or they make up an explanation.

Perhaps that is not a 6th class at all…

Sanctuary isn’t ancient Greece buddy.

In a better world, this would be the first mercenary character being announced :partying_face:
But I guess it is unlikely mercs would get a prominent spotlight in that painting.

Yeah, that’s why I didn’t even consider the individual to be a mercenary. They’d likely either be a representation of a new class and/or an npc who we’ll meet (as friend or foe) throughout the story.

That said, I still would like the mercenary/follower system to return for Diablo 4, and if not the base game, then hopefully an expansion.

Is it? That’s why Christian mythiology is the base ofthe whole universe mixed with polytheism? Celtic and slavic paganism? You can’t say the whole of Sanctuary is based only on ancient Greece.

Corrected my typo. Should have said isn’t. Get so tierd of people trying to 1:1 an inspiration.

Don’t forget the NDA which you agreed to.

Hmm, so supposedly there are press playing a copy of D4 called ‘Renegade’, indeed Blizztrack has a branch called fenris_event that was updated about a week ago that is seemingly tagged ‘Renegade’

It’s entirely possible that a hype generating 6th class is planned post launch to be revealed and that Diablo IV will take the PoE convention of giving seasonal content promotional ‘league names’. I’m not sure Renegade makes a good class name but a class being a renegade would be fitting.

In fact I’ve speculated previously that instead of making a holy knight character they would instead ‘return to darkness’ and give us a fallen paladin/deathknight.

What is a renegade Paladin? A betrayer of their faith. They’d still have all the class features of a Paladin but be a dark\betrayer version

The face of this central character doesn’t exactly look entirely holy to me.

We know this game is planned as a service, there is 100% going to be a 6th class eventually. What we don’t know right now is what class, when it will release and how much it will cost. It’s possible class 6 is already complete but we are not going to get any news about it until post launch and this was a mistake when uploaded.

Oh sorry. Was a bit jumpy in the morning.

Being a renegade dosen’t neccessarily make you an exact opposit of what you’ve served as before. You’re an outcast, a lone wolf, a soldier without comrades, you are your own master. Yo can still be a holy Paladin(for example), following your faith and duty, alone against all odds.

Hopefully a 7th and 8th too!

1 Like