Poggu? (new D4 class?)

3 Likes

He was wrong on at least one point the “spear” and shield at the campfire is actually a two handed battle axe.
If you lighten up the image you can see it. I told him about it along time ago on his stream and he corrected the speculation on YouTube but he must have forgotten.

welp we already have that class so i guess it just doesn’t matter what’s seen on that campfire :x

Check out the eyes could it be Inarius?

“Now, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity.”

but inarius doesn’t have boobs. only man boobs.

Interesting Video. It was certainly figured by most of the community that there will be a holy class in Diablo 4 (be it with the initial release and/or expansion). That said, it’s incredibly unlikely for the class to be a fallen angel for a few reasons. Instead it’ll likely be a class that possesses an incredible amount of holy prowess as well as a profound ability to resonate with Heaven’s energies, to grow angelic wings (this had been done before by the Sorceress Shanar in the storm of light novel to grow angelic wings for the new horadrims to blend themselves in within). This is of course assuming that the figure is a new class, rather than a npc who would serve as a ally and/or enemy.

1 Like

Maybe he transitioned. The Game Awards are starting to look more interesting a 6th class announcement?

Interesting.

the wings are what’s off putting to me for a new class. it would be imba so i rather see it as an important story NPC which is also a reason to take it off the shop
but a valkyrie shield and spear class would be pretty based and fit the missing archetypes

3 Likes

Here’s a passage from the Storm of light novel that described Shanar giving herself as well as the new Horadrim angel wings for them to enter Heaven and steal the black soulstone.

"Shanar took a deep breath as if steadying herself. When she raised her arms, the energy that sprang from her was breathtaking; it met the light of the Heavens, challenged and absorbed it, encasing them in a bubble of crackling heat, magic that flowed from deep within her and through her fingers with bursts of brilliant color.

Commander Nahr’s Luminarei armor began to glow, the Horadrim’s mortal features masked by glorious light. Their forms grew larger, their bearing more magnificent, the resonance of angels rising from them until their song matched the majesty of the Heavens.

And when she was done, the bubble receding, they all had wings."

If this is indeed a new class, then I imagined it’d be somewhat similar in which some of their abilities relies on resonating with Heavenly energies and thus grants them angelic wings during the duration of said attacks and/or skills. So in short, rather than a class or group of people who utilize the light from within themselves to cast holy abilities (like Paladins, Monks, Crusaders, Templars, etc.), it would instead be a group/class that magnifies and matches their angelic side to match the energies of the Heavens, and thus gain wings as a result along with powerful holy/light abilities.

3 Likes

Valkyries as well as Amazones were only women.
If it is a new class, I thing it would be likely to be a Valkyrie.

1 Like

they won’t make a 1 gender only class. so it will be something else or they will find an explanation.

Indeed, Blizzard had stated that none of the classes (which I’d assume would include the new classes as well) would be genderlocked.

I think a more reasonable explanation is that this poster prematurely reveals details of the story line of D4.

3 Likes

Yeah, probably the most likely explanation. Maybe another of the angels go mortal.

If it is a new class, I could see it being the first DLC class. As for genderlocked, they would simply come up with some reason for why there are now male valkyries or whatever they are.

In any case, Valkyrie could be an interesting take on the holy shield-wearing class for sure.

3 Likes

Seems like just an alternate take on a Paladin with a spear. At least it would give a reason to save spears!

everything is just an alternate take of something
it would be more interesting than the crusader alternative

I wouldn’t be surprise if that were the case. The developers did say that even though the High Heavens closed their gates, we’ll still technically see angel(s) meddling with Sanctuary after Lilith’s return. Of course, that could include Inarius (which I doubt, unless Inarius had some kind of help getting out of hell in the first place), but assuming it’s more than one angel, then it could be an angel who wish to assist Sanctuary, albeit indirectly, hence some of the mortal features as the angel could be possessing a human.

Perhaps it could even be Lycander.

It isn’t foolisg to expect a knigt class comeing. We encounter Crusaders during the game so… Why not?

Just had a crazy epiphany, it’s Tyraels daughter! Half human half angel. That’s why the face on an angels body.
It could be the same thing if it’s a playable class.

2 Likes

half human half angel.
interesting
i also wanna see half human half demon

1 Like