Plz more careful announcing start dates

I don’t know you so can’t have any real grudge. I don’t like outright false information though which you have a tendency to post. You are welcome to your opinions about Blizzard’s actions (of course), I will continue to correct false information when you post it though.

While I have doubts about your OP story, it is true many are disappointed, as I said earlier.

Your solution though seems to be less communication - not giving a PTR start date unless they are 100% positive it will go off flawlessly (rare for a TEST environment). They used to do that. Be careful what you ask for.

Option 1:
-Announce PTR target start date with notes.
-Announce status during the day of target date “working on it”
-Announce status again shortly with a decision to not release it
-Announce a best guess target week - with more info when they have it.

Option 2:
-When a PTR starts you will be able to access it and they will post Patch Notes.

That way nobody anticipates it and gets disappointed if there are tech issues.

Which do you really prefer?

Disagreeing with you, or pointing out you are wrong, is not harassment. If you make a post here, you open it up to anyone to reply, within the rules of the Code of Conduct. Blizzard Support - Forum Code of Conduct

Not agreeing with you does not make someone a troll. You have the right to say things, but people have the right to reply, even when you don’t like it.

If they make personal insults and attack you as a person though, feel free to report them.

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberis
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

So you are disagreeing with my post, yet you are calling me a troll.

How does this work with you.

And there is a long history of you and that other guy joining in on other people you both disagree with.

And because I disagree with you, you are now threatening me with being banned.

2 Likes

I was not threatening you! I was telling you what Blizz defines as Trolling so you can report people who you feel are actually breaking the rules.

I was trying to help you there - if you really do feel someone is out of line and actually breaking the rules, flag them.

Edit - also, I did not flag your OP, even though I think it was made to be intentionally non-constructive. My opinion does not make it true and it was not egregious enough I would report it. I think we only get something like 5 flags a day. This thread would not be something I feel falls under a need to report.

Thank you. And this thread is true.

I waited a couple days to make it as I thought it over.

Many people I play with were absolutely bent about the changed date.

I am not making this up to troll or upset anyone.

3 Likes

You are far more lenient than I am; this was an obvious troll, particularly when he tried to pick a fight with you for “having a personal grudge” and calling us “the usual trolls.”

No reasonable person would be making such a ridiculous complaint, particularly when Blizzard did everything right. 

Except the date :stuck_out_tongue:

Not at all m8.

You and I are in the “Can’t make lvl 3” clan.

I really feel sad when called a troll, because I made a post that reflects many friends and clan mates.

I made this post to reflect their suffering.

2 Likes

Yall going to crazy over PTR since yall know things change on live its not really worth to get hyped over. Other then the season theme i really dont put to much on builds sets or stats until live because we know things will be different. Look at hydra wizard for patch compared to live just saying things change

Key factor right here.

Dissapointed being the operative word. I don’t think many would be genuinely upset about it.

I had a day off too. Hardly the end of the world, and tbh, I’m glad they picked up whatever was wrong before releasing it to us.

Paragon 500 will never understand.

But calling him troll is harassment. I reported that guy for insulting him.

3 Likes

As someone who deals with software development and release, I know that testing the product gets pushed back frequently for bugs etc. So this start date being pushed back was not a surprise to me. Since this was a known “test realm” delays are to be expected and since we are the players of the game we are the best people to test. In the future it is important for you and your friend to understand that the announced date is only an anticipated date for testing, it’s not a promise for anything.

5 Likes

That way they get less players participating and test is not done properly.

Players are actually doing them a favor by participating on PTR.

2 Likes

It could be worse (D3’s error 37).

For Minecraft Dungeons launch today: “Unable to Verify Game Ownership” PC bug.

Dopes that judge by the visible profile will never understand, either. You do realize D3 was released on 3 other mediums, don’t you?

High Paragon doesn’t equate to skill or understanding, anyway. It just means you’ve played more over the last few years. Maybe.

Should I assume you know absolutely nothing about any classes except the DH, since that’s all you have?

Not a good word. Nobody is in pain or distressed or undergoing hardship because the PTR didn’t release on time.

Without raining on anyone’s parade, inconvenience is a part of life.
If everything worked out exactly as every one of us wished, life would be simple and possibly boring because it would be completely predictable.

We are in a pandemic environment where some countries have not dropped their lockdown level yet.
Whomever indicated that, kudos because that is awareness that is much needed.
While some may take this game more seriously than I, in the game of life, this game is the equivalent of playing chess in the park in a lunch break. It is well loved but still, not an essential service.

As you were.

2 Likes

I did read the whole post. It sounds like: “if they want to waste their time let them be, it’s their choice”. It gives off negative vibes regardless. My point is it’s not something bad, people have different hobbies and most of them are not lucrative. I realise that there are people that consider that every minute spent on something else than self improvement is a minute wasted, ah well

This is my last post on the subject. Nothing negative at all about what I said, heck take the day off and watch paint dry for all I care, that is your decision. DON’T BLAME BLIZZARD FOR YOUR CHOICE. They owe you nothing.

5 Likes

I did not blame blizz for anything even once (probably you did not read my post either ;P). It’s probably misunderstanding due to choice of words ^^

…regardless of why you take the days off.