Plz more careful announcing start dates

We know you mean the best for all of us client players, Blizzard.

But in the future PLEASE don’t false announce start dates like you did with the PTR.

One of my friends is a machinist for the Baltimore Train system and took last Thursday and Friday off to concentrate on the PTR.

He works 6 days a week on the night shift and truly loves Diablo III like me and most of the rest of us.

You completely messed up Blizzard.

There is no excuse for announcing a date then in the ninth hour realizing there are problems and you can’t deliver.

You guys should be more professional about this!
Please Blizzard in the future double and triple check the code etc. necessary for a seamlessly, perfect delivery of the goods from now on.

I’ll bet you guys are sleeping on the floor in that little room of the Classic games trying to fix all the bugs and what not.

Thanks Blizzard for all the awesome things you’ve done with Diablo III. :smile:

Most of us hate Activision tho. :frowning:

10 Likes

It wasn’t a ‘false’ start date. It’s the date they had planned for. It’s a test run, problems should be anticipated to pop up. In this case they did. They didn’t intend to delay it.

And I hate to play Devil’s Advocate, but if people take time off work to play a TEST version of a game, well maybe some peoples’ priorities need to be looked at. Blizz didn’t tell people to take time off work, that is on them. Hate on me if you want, but…

44 Likes

OP is trolling. I reported him.

Skipping earning wages for a game. IMO, that’s on your friend. >.> Keep in mind this pandemic and most of Blizz’ employees are working from home right now. Co-ordinating stuff from home I doubt is as easy as at the office.

3 Likes

You are cornfused my friend.
People have to work on the infrastructure like railroad, power plants etc. during this pandemic.

My friend works 6 days a week on midnight shift of the Baltimore Train system and loves D3!

1 Like

I have certainly taken days off from work to play a new game.
For a PTR though? Damn.

Anyway, those dates are estimates. Might be a learning experience not to trust them.

Some people take this game seriously.

And the PTR is a big deal for many.

Working on the new Necro set along with DH is a must for anyone getting fired up for S21.

3 Likes

There’s taking the game seriously, and then there’s being ridiculous about it.

This is tending over to the ridiculous.

14 Likes

The PTR is a public test version. It is not a formal release. Further, it’s not a sale date for new content. Sale dates are announced long in advance because of the need to get physical copies of the games to stores, to do marketing and promotion, etc. And honestly now that physical copies of games are a rarity, it’s honestly more about having a set time for their servers to be ready for live and their patch teams ready to immediately support release. Often they’ll be fixing bugs right up to the 11th hour. But, that’s why sale dates are firm and meet the standard you’re talking about.

Testing is a whole different animal. Anyone who has been involved with testing in any field (and it doesn’t have to be software) knows that things go wrong. Tests fail. Equipment fails. Something you think would work doesn’t fix the problem you were working on and you have to try again. Debugging code, especially on a game as complex as a major AAA-studio release is a huge task. There are literally millions of lines of code and often weird interactions pop up at the last second that you didn’t expect. Welcome to programming.

Blizzard rarely misses PTR dates or patch dates on much of their content. When it does, it is always forthcoming with explaining why things are delayed. That’s what happened here.

Your expectation that PTRs have to be treated like a new release is unreasonable. Taking time off work of your own free will and then blaming Blizzard isn’t fair either. You made an adult choice and things outside of your control happened. It is not reasonable to blame Blizzard for that.

10 Likes

As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!

Last sentence in the blog post that posted said date. Blizzard didn’t mess up.

8 Likes

Its your friends problem . Diablo 3 is a “GAME”. How addicted are you that your taking time off work to go play the TEST Realm. Its bad enough doing it for Season start. Hell arrive a few days late the game not going anywhere

1 Like

just wow dude. How many ptr have there been released on time. And this time when all the stuff going on, your gonna put the fault on blizz. Ur buddy may not have a job if someone is petty enough and knows who u and ur buddy are. Really man. Way to go. A show to the bosses and who knows what they are gonna do.

I think the OP’s request is very normal. I respect someone who is very serious to the game. How to place one’s priority is totally up to one’s choice. As a player, we make our request to Blizzard. Whether they accept or not is totally up to them.

1 Like

It applies to live versions as well.

1 Like

Agreed.

If someone wants to take time off work for frivolous activities, however, by all means that is their right. But they shouldn’t blame Blizzard or expect an apology or some sort of recompense when things don’t work out the way they thought they should.

Who on earth would take time off work for just a PTR on an almost decade old game? Why did you really make this thread? Come on, let it out.

2 Likes

This is an unreasonable accusation. They did follow the schedule on 5/21 as announced. The Twitter message proved this. The community (including me) was excited about it:

And, CM informed the community immediately when they found a problem and postponed the patch:

Mind the timestamps of these posts. They all happened on 5/21.

You can’t find a better communication than that. I think you owe Blizzard an apologize.

1 Like

Something goes wrong when testing something?

Whodathunkit?

4 Likes

i just dont get how you people can get so butthurt over a ptr date not going as planned… welcome to reality not everthing goes the way people want it to, and your constant whining about it wont ever change that but to this day you people still whine and moan

2 Likes

And acts like this is why the major players dont come in here and use other chats.

If having an opinion is trolling then, you are trolling and I will flag your post as well.

2 Likes