Ploot is pickit

Change my mind. Instead of holding blizzard to a higher standard with having a strong anti cheat you hide behind this sad excuse of pickit.

Chances are the ones who need ploot to gear are going to be the one to abuse pickit if it even exists. They are entitled to your work and loot!

It takes 1 week to gear with FFA. So why is everyone scared of it. Must be entitlement.

Laughable.

13 Likes

Replaces your mind with a new one
Did I do it right?

1 Like

10/10 me likes. But ploot is still not a QOL changes. But a core mechanic change.

5 Likes

It’s both. It’s in many ways like charm inventory, which I certainly don’t want.

It both influences the way the game is played, bringing some positives, and some negatives. Much like Charm inventory, but probably less harmful in the long run.

Meh, I don’t think they’ll add personal loot anyways, so I think the discussion seems pretty over now that the game is close to release.

Now, if pickit makes a triumphant return, I could see them revisiting it, but that’s the only way I see them justifying personal loot tbh.

4 Likes

If any hacks ruin this game I’m hunting those people down. My last shot at a child hood here lol

3 Likes

facts, if hacks ruin this game, I will 100% private only with friends.

1 Like

I still can’t understand… want easy gear on a game… that is easy.

I hate pickit! It takes my loot!

But they are ok with closing their eyes and taking others loot with a idiotic system as ploot.

Hopefully with the console crowd refunding that reduces the ploot crowd from 9 to 5 lol

Nah, never used pickit and I would love personal drops.

Pickit is still abuse and is not the same thing.

9 Likes

Playing with ploot would actually be much harder for me to gear.

If they added optional ploot, I’d definitely remain in FFA games. Way easier to have 8x chance to get stuff, not worrying about leechers afk-sniping plooted items.

ploot is fine, but I feel many would shortly revert back to FFA, even ones that once liked it.

Seeing 0-2 items from baal nearly every game would be awful.

3 Likes

Your not taking into account Microna will make another 4500 posts about needing an increase on ploot. Next class allocated ploot.

That’s just the first step. They don’t want it to be harder.

Honestly Micro’s been pretty clear for months he wants the overall drop rate to remain the same. He has also explicitly stated he doesn’t want D3 style smart-loot.

You don’t have to, but I believe him.

This isn’t to say some personal loot advocates will likely, if they get it, complain about drop rates and expect a drop rate boost. I can’t say I’m not nervous of this myself.

No drop rate increases, or they will honestly ruin the game.

4 Likes

Exactly. People confuse personal loot drops with drop rate changes.

In fact that may be why there is so much push back.

5 Likes

Of course. Why would you get 1/8th the drops. That’s much higher % than FFA

Ehh. Baal is mostly leveling. Would be nice to at least have guarantied loot that is yours alone to not have to stop attacking or using multi-frame skills to have a shot at picking up, especially if botting becomes a thing again, and people stop running Baal themselves. It’ll be interesting to see if the community actually starts walking Baal again, or forcing the Sorc to tele, and if no sorc, instantly everyone leaves game (I remember this happening quite often when 1.10 launched).

I don’t think optional ploot will have a big effect of community play that some believe though. I’d probably use it to quest through nightmare for faster clear than soloing (which I normally do). It will basically have the same effect as FFA, get to end game, baal run in preferred looting style, then solo MF.

2 Likes

Heaven forbid this trying to build up the community rather than having people be cut throat.

5 Likes

One it’s option toogle, the other it’s a cheat.

While both could be optional, for some folks even being against the rules, one would be enjoyable for some on the other hand the other would ruin experience for either Ploot but also FFA.

I don’t see a problem with something optional, if doesn’t mess with drop rate. The only concern would be folks asking for higher drop rates, other than that would be as matter of choice.

They aren’t imposing their choice on you, neither you should do. That’s why Rob mentioned that if they ever do it, would be on game creation, as opt in feature.

The question is: if they don’t change the drop rate and gives a opt in option, why bother?

If you can’t elaborate why, I think the issue it’s with you not with them.

In my point of view, could make me go to try it out on public games, which I don’t go like a decade, because I don’t care about loot but care about folks killing stuff and I had my share of folks not killing stuff when they tried to get stuff, which is why I play SSF and sometimes privately with friends, in both cases wouldn’t mean anything, in fact would be better have FFA on both private and solo, than the ploot.

As @Geezer said, could create future problems if folks ask for more loot, but I don’t see a problem as opt-in feature if done without any additional change. Any leecher would have less odds to get items anyways. So in the end would incentive killing monsters not gimmicks about who picks the item at right frame. I play to kill stuff not to try to smash my mouse trying to pick something on the ground, If I would to that I would play D3 and smash both my mouse and keyboard with constant button smash to keep skills active.

That’s why I enjoy the duration of most of d2 skills comparated to d3. You should focus on the task at hand not button smashing.

6 Likes

instead of

I’m unclear on why one cannot hold blizzard accountable and also support that ploot be instituted at the same time.

Also, I do not have the option of joining a public game without Pickit. You would have the option of joining a public game without ploot. That’s the problem; and a fundamental difference among many.

2 Likes

They both accomplish the same thing. You taking advantage of me doing the work.

1 Like

Then don’t join the mode. If one is okay with that then they can join the mode.

3 Likes

Again. No. You keep forcing an idea that doesn’t belong in D2.

Would you like someone to come into your house and rearrange your furniture.

This game was remastered. That’s what everyone pre ordered on. Now you and others want it changed. We like it the way it is with some QOl changes.

1 Like