Ploot is perfect for non-ladder

If you are honest, why dont you go back to your OP and rewrite it without the usage of any skill or ability related insults.
You can make that entire argument simply based on the taste of people who might like ladder or non ladder for their very own reasons.
You can even say that ladder is more competitive and FFA is more competitive. But assuming that ploot is the exact opposite is not the right way to bring your change of mind across.

4 Likes

How is it an insult to be differently abled? Like I said, we all have different ability levels and that’s okay.

We both know you already know the answer.
Anyways, i have given you an out to show your honest intention. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

What would you prefer I say then? I can edit it further. Edit: I changed it, how is that?

Because you’re categorising people who dont play ladder for whatever reason to be less skilled based on absolutely nothing to back it up with, its very rude and i dont even understand why you would write that.

I’m sure there are different skill levels in different aspects of the game but to assume the people who don’t play ladder are lower skilled and to state it in a forum post to try get your topic across is rude unless you have an actual source to back it up, which you never will as no such data will eve exist.

What is the point of you insulting people in your OP? i dont even get it.

Here ill edit the post for you and you will see how much more engaging it will be:

"
I was against ploot at first, but after careful consideration I think it’s the perfect mechanic to add to non-ladder.

Non-ladder for the most part isn’t meant to be competitive.

Ladder on the other hand is about intense competition

So FFA loot systems as a mechanic fit that kind of play perfectly.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to play one over the other after all, we are all different, have different capacities to cope with reality and have different levels of ability.

Naturally, it should be said that PvP is going to be done a lot on non-ladder because it’s just easier to gear up there. But the point then is surely moot because you’re not going to be doing many gear runs anyway.

So I think that by implementing it in this way we can keep everyone happy. Thoughts?
"

There you go look how much better that looks without insults

2 Likes

I got rid of the stuff about skill on the suggestion of you and blash. Edit: i will probably change it a bit further to be less ableist so keep your eyes peeled.

And yes i agree with your idea, i think ploot should not have a place on ladder, in causal games it could be an option if anything.

It looks like I need to start muting ploot threads again.

2 Likes

Blash came up with it originally but i didn’t realise when first posting it. Got to give credit where it’s due.

You should check what he actually edited though.

i dunno who is blash, but if its him, than sure its his fault and not yours so my post should be targeted at him and not you, i just read what it said in the OP

No blash wrote it in another thread. I wrote the offensive post, that was my failure.

LMAO its getting worse hahahahaha…i dont even get it…what is the aim here

Do you think I should change it further? Edit: I can do so.

I am blash and i came up with this:

And i also disagree with his insulting OP. But i also know that he is just a dishonest forum troll, trying to trigger people

1 Like

Tell me how where I should change it further and I will. Edit: Can you also stop assuming my gender please. This is the third time I’ve requested this.

We have plenty of compromise proposals so far.

1. Separate servers. Original and Changes.
    Original server plays exactly like D2R at release, and never changes from that. So, it only has FFA.
    Changes server gets new patches, content etc. Including an FFA and Ploot toggle.

2. Ploot only available in non-ladder.
    Addressing some players fear, that it might affect the game balance.

3. Ploot only in Private games
    Making it a bit more of a conscient choice to join ploot games, and keeping them away from the public game list (even though filters already solves this just fine).

Only of these are really needed tbh. And #1 is the best one. Both when solely talking ploot and FFA, but also because it works for any and all changes that might also arrive in the future. Just the optimal solution.
But 2 and 3 could also work. Not perfect, but workable.

1 Like

Oh can fully get behind any of those changes to be honest. Especially in private games. But you would think that people would already share in private games???

Wouldn’t expect it. Only people who are friends/know each other well, would presumably do that.

1 Like

I have a good friend i play with and we do FFA. I will give them things they need usually because we play different classes. But if a Ber drops it’s whoever gets it first :d

1 Like