Please put PERSONAL LOOT

im gonna stand on my soapbox and you whippersnappers can’t stop me lol.

1 Like

bruh the community has done been divided fam, look at the comments here and get your head out of the sand.

But how? When it doesn’t affect anyone who isn’t interested in it, how is anything changed for them? This idea keeps being repeated but doesn’t make sense. It would make sense if ploot became the only loot system. I’d be with you then! But that’s not what’s being discussed.

1 Like

70/30 was for visual and not for game change.

1 Like

Have you played D2 back when it was considered a new game? are you familiar to this game and it’s atmosphere without bots and click scripts?

imagine a 1999 click script

my god, the length of the code.

Well I started playing at LoD launch and have come back to the game back and forth over the years. Many thousands of hours. I was laughing at the idea of ploot up until as recently as yesterday. I knew that new players might hate D2’s system and want to implement D3 crap. I came into this defensive about it. I get it, completely. But I had a long conversation with someone about this, and I realized I had no valid argument left to support my opinion. So I changed my position. But yeah, it was great back then. Blizzard North is no more though. Blizzard South doesn’t care like they did. Those days are not coming back.

you mean Activision.

1 Like

You can’t have ploot because…

It wasn’t in D2.
D2R is a remastering.
Blizzards statement concerning D2R, “Classic gameplay, preserved.”

It will split the playerbase, and lead to ffa ghost towns. Where everyone will be joining bot games to afk loot farm. Absolutely inevitable and disgusting.

Without increasing the drop rates, whereas you’d have 3 HRs in a month to click on, personal loot gave you zip, so your ladder run is pre-ordained failure. That or you MF in single player.

Loot attained in ffa was more “fairly” obtained assuming you didn’t cheat, than loot just handed to you for afk farming. So you shouldn’t be able to trade it. Personal loot should be account bound.

Personal loot does nothing to promote risk, which is the cornerstone of fun gameplay.

Ploot is great when designed alongside a game, from the ground up. No matter what reasoning you give, you cannot slap it onto a game with a pre-existing loot system without unforeseen consequences. New “realm” or toggle upon game creation, all are haphazard attempts that will inevitably harm the game.

Sorry, you’re not getting ploot.

4 Likes

Well that is the point of this remastered version, bringing back the good old days, would that be so bad?

blizzard not caring about the player reinforces the idea of no pLoot, actually.

they don’t care about the player, so why should they care that you missed out on your loot and need a new system to be able to get loot in time?

People already do that. If you’re not picking up your gear in a ploot game, it becomes FFA. You can’t be afk and leach. You can leach just as much as you can already leach in a FFA game tho. No change.

Absolute nonsense. I’m waiting to hear the rational as to why this would split the community anymore than making Baal run games does. Not everyone likes to do Baal runs, so the community is split? What’s the difference here? Also, if no one wants to play FFA games, then it is extremely inferior. Why insist on an inferior model no one wants?

No increased drop rates. Not one person would be in favor of that. If one does not find ploot to be optimal, they can do FFA loot. There is no one suggesting to increase loot so that’s a made up fantastical non existent dilemma.

Again, you can’t be afk and get any loot. You only have a few seconds to pick up the drops assigned to you before anyone can pick them up.

1 Like

people don’t already do that, they get ran to end-game hell mode and then join runs for loot chances or private MF.

if private loot becomes FFA then what is the need for private loot?

not everyone liking Baal runs comes down to the tediousness of the tomb area and actually getting to the Baal fight, not things like loot tier, although that does come into consideration since at certain levels Baal just doesn’t cut it.

The increase in loot comes from people selecting the top-tier for the mode and run they are in, not a magical increase in percentage rates but a market influx of gear which people wanted over the lower tier crap.

if you are “afk” in this sense, I am assuming that he means “hanging at the back of the party and not being involved with the run;” in which case, yes, mules will join and wait in town for a portal to open, then run around collecting the loot without putting effort in.

Spliting the community with giving more opportunities for people to enjoy their games it’s nonsense for me . It should translate into more players participating in the multiplayer world on the contrary

3 Likes

Wrong.

Wrong.

You can’t reason out why two different multiplayer settings would split the multiplayer playerbase? Ok.

You didn’t read what I said.

So a modified ffa system. This whole time I thought you were arguing for ploot. Also this still doesn’t address the drop rate issue that you misread earlier.

Also, don’t take afk so literally. I say afk, what I mean is, not committed.

1 Like

Got me there.

I can’t. You’re going to have to actually give substantive explanations of your reasoning. This is like saying that having the ability to put level restriction on a game splits the community.

Yes I did. You suggested drop rates would need to be increased for it to be viable. If you weren’t and were just complaining about how the drop rates wouldn’t be enough for you, personally, then simply don’t play a ploot game.

The description of the system would be better served under “Timed Loot”.

it’s not “so no argument” when you have already dismissed the argument by refusing to refute it. debates 101.

1 Like

yeah putting level restriction does split the community, how do I make a TOON for low level PvP if I can’t rush to Hell Mode and steal trade drops?

You can already put level restrictions on a custom game. You’re saying the community is currently split.

you said “a game” not “D2” I am talking any game low level pvp how does level restriction allow for it?