Please put on our feet

I like how everyone is saying “wait for d4”, that’s literally saying “We expect d4 to be terrible as d3 is”

So do you really think that 12 splits are not too much? The rest have been perfectly explained why they’re there. The proposal of making of a separate game mode whenever there’s a hot topic has popped forever, and given that you’ve been here for long, you know that because you’ve seen thousands of them and, in fact, have participated in many of them.

Can you please justify how does this make even a little bit of sense, please?

It is less than what D2 has today. It seems to manage.

Sure, but I am not arguing for making a different game mode each time there is a hot topic (in fact, I am strongly against that in general). I am arguing for making a single game mode to contain all of it.
And preserving the original game.
Because even if Ploot does not happen, there are a ton of other big changes Blizzard might add.
That single server split simply protects the original game experience against any and all changes.

How does it not make sense?
People who want to experience the game with no changes, since they never experienced the original D2.
Of course, they could experience that even with changes, as long as the two realms are around. But fear is not always reasonable.

I might have missed something, cause I have no idea how adding modes could make the game have less modes.

A single game mode containing all of it? How’s that done?

I’d bet that not even you think that those people are more than the 0.0001% of the people who want no changes.

They are removing regions in D2R => Less splits.

All new changes are added to the Change game mode/realm.

I have to recognize that you have a point there. Just guessing why did it take so long to mention it.

Still not getting it. Could you directly explain how would it be or will it come by fascicles like the region thing? XD

Hello Salzwer,

Are you for rune and gem stacking? I would like to know how much of a purist you are kind sir. Thank you!

It has been mentioned lots of times in these discussions.

I’m loving your comment LeJocker!!! Thank you!!! :heart:

Blizzard buff weaker mercs, and add new super unique enemies for endgame farming in patch 1.16. It goes to the Changes realm. No Changes/Original Realm remains unchanged.
Blizzard add new items and buffs some weaker skills in patch 1.17. It only goes to the Changes realm.
Blizzard adds Ploot in patch 1.18. It only goes to the Changes realm.

And so on.

Just like Classic keeps running an old version of the game today, Co Changes/Original realm keeps running the current version of the game, as it is on release day September 23.

General bug and stability fixes can of course be applied to all realms.

This won’t affect your gameplay if you choose not to participate in it. Its optional afterall.

There is already some elements, you just have to know about them.

Vote kick has many benefits and would fit D2 better than it does in D3 because of the increased number of players possible in D2.

From what I have read, the intent is to increase monster density/experience and monster level from other areas to give more variety than what we currently have.

I don’t support this. Enigma requires high runes and offers a great utility to no sorc classes.

Diablo 2 is not going anywhere, at least not officially. From what I am seeing this is a reskin of the game designed for modern gamers. Blizzard wants what some call “tourists” to spend their money on this game and it’s to their benefit to have them do so. It is a business after all. Now had they removed the old servers like they did with W3 reforged, then yes, this would have had to have been way more restrictive with changes.

Well, this is a matter of interpretation. These “people” are coming from what I consider a bigger and more active community from the modded scene. Almost every major streamer plays a modded version of D2LOD. A lot of old school Diablo players wanted continued support for the game. They yearned for more content, more than just a reset of ladders. Quite frankly I was envious of how much support other Blizzard games got vs D2LOD. So, it’s not a surprise to me to see so many players/customers asking for more than a skin update to their favorite game.

I hear you, but the same argument can be said about people with opposing views like yours. Just saying :slight_smile:

No but I expect it to have QOL changes that I am used to when riding modern bikes.

Unfortunately, you, we are the minority. Like most industries that rely on tourists, they make up the majority of the profits. It’s not a good business idea to cater to only a specific segment of a market.

Again, that is a matter of perspective. What you call ruin others call improvements.

Yep, and they know that. They get to keep the revenue and they know you will keep playing the game. You need to vote with your wallet. Don’t buy it if you don’t like it. Based on everything they have done and their clear intent to continue to support the game with what the community wants, I don’t think this is the right game for you :frowning:

Sure, no one is insulting you or berating you. We love and appreciate old school timers to tell us how things where back then, to help us appreciate how good we have it now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Patch 1.19:
Blizzard announces 100% enhanced magic find to racial, ethnic, and minority groups.

Patch 1.20:
Blizzard announces 150% enhanced gold find to racial, ethnic, and minority groups.

Didn’t really think that a “thanks for reading” would ever lead to that question.

At first, it looked to me like you feel alluded by my OP and have nothing to counter me so felt defenceless, and you needed to dig for something, hence your abrupt and random landing.

Then I read this and confirmed my feelings:

3 Likes

Indeed.
As long as they go to the Changes realm, we wont lose the original experience. Which is my point. I might definitely not like all changes Blizzard can make to D2R. Having separate servers guarantees that Blizzard cant screw up the original experience, no matter what crazy ideas they get.

Everyone should support the server split. Especially the “purists”.
The entire goal with it, is to protect and preserve the original game.
Because Blizzard will never refrain from the temptation of altering D2R (nor should they).

But how does the “changes” realm work? Didn’t you say that it would have HC/SF/L/NL and all the stuff? Would SCL players play together with HCNL or what?

It would work like Classic and LoD today. With the different game modes within each.

1 Like

Well, it is a competition, whether we like it, or not.

“Squeeky wheel gets the oil.”

If we don’t fight back, the louder voices will most certainly destroy D2R. It will become a lost and forgotten relic, like so many attempts at remastering.

I must admit, I have only recently started up again, with Diablo 2. While I played it for a few years, about the time that D2: LoD came out, I got sidetracked with newer, more advanced games. Diablo 2 became harder, and harder to find, as technology outpaced it. People were ripping it, modding it, turning it into whatever they wanted it to be. The old Diablo 2 got lost in the shuffle.

Now, we have a chance, one chance, to play it in High Def. And, only, if we get it right, this time. This is why we must be ever vigilant, to see to it that D2R is done right. And, there is a right way, and a wrong way to bring this game back.

1 Like

This whole thread stinks of “Diablo 2 purism”.

We need an Act 6, an Act 7, a PvP dueling arena and an auction house.

We need gem and rune stacking.

New items would be good too.

Please Blizzard, please don’t listen to people who are mentally and emotionally stuck in the early 2000s! Their fear of change is hard to deal with.

“Purism”. Terrifying.

So mentally and emotionally mature comments by your side XD

@Shadout: do you really think that both this and LeJocker are dudes who could be playing a mature-rated game 20 years ago?

I read the whole thing, good read. The D2R devs share the same sentiment as we do my friend. They have re-iterated in multiple interviews; “this is a remaster, not a remake” “we are not trying to fix diablo 2, we have other games like D4 coming” “we want to bring back the original feeling first and foremost”. So the top priority is preserving the game, as their sales slogan says, “Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

As far as any changes that are coming later, here’s the latest interview from Rob regarding future changes:

We definitely have lots of ideas, but right now we’re making sure we get the core game right. We’ve unlocked all the ladder specific content and can do that in single player and non-ladder. We’ll have to see what happens once the game goes live in terms of what we do in terms or balancing, new items, etc.

Obviously that doesn’t count as any confirmation of exact plans, but it may be exciting for some fans to hear that there’s the possibility brand new content could be added down the road if the game’s foundation is strong and there is community demand for that sort of addition.

Source: https://gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-post-launch-content/

It’s clear nothing else is going to magically appear on launch day (besides bug fixes) and its also clear they won’t be adding/changing ANYTHING that significantly changes the original gameplay, just more QoL. However, the ladder-specific item/skill changes they may make later on could be a great way of moving forward with the game, just because the gameplay is preserved doesn’t mean we literally can’t add anything. As long as there’s no power-creep or core-changes, i think specific additions can only help improve the game.

1 Like