Please put on our feet

What was it, 2 million players that participated during the open beta?

Now take the surveys that have been done, which have been what, ~5K participants?

Talk about a silent majority.

3 Likes

Again, not an easy thing. In the future we’ll have:

• (Possibly, if not already dead) D3.
  • D:Immortal.
  • D4.
  • (Possibly, if not already dead) legacy D2.
  • D2R

Lets dig into D2R, but could partially apply to many other of the previously mentioned cases, and add another point of friction like trading:

• D2R Classic softcore ladder trading.
  • D2R Classic softcore no-ladder trading.
  • D2R Classic hardcore ladder trading.
  • D2R Classic hardcore no-ladder trading.
  • D2R LoD softcore ladder trading.
  • D2R LoD softcore no-ladder trading.
  • D2R LoD hardcore ladder trading.
  • D2R LoD hardcore no-ladder trading.
  • D2R Modern softcore ladder trading.
  • D2R Modern softcore no-ladder trading.
  • D2R Modern hardcore ladder trading.
  • D2R Modern hardcore no-ladder trading.
  • D2R Classic softcore ladder no trading.
  • D2R Classic softcore no-ladder no trading.
  • D2R Classic hardcore ladder no trading.
  • D2R Classic hardcore no-ladder no trading.
  • D2R LoD softcore ladder no trading.
  • D2R LoD softcore no-ladder no trading.
  • D2R LoD hardcore ladder no trading.
  • D2R LoD hardcore no-ladder no trading.
  • D2R Modern softcore ladder no trading.
  • D2R Modern softcore no-ladder no trading.
  • D2R Modern hardcore ladder no trading.
  • D2R Modern hardcore no-ladder no trading.

Things are really tough, not easy to find a solution.

1 Like

After reading that list, I might need to see an oncologist.

There isn’t a currently a SSF ladder so why add that to make more lines?

Yes, there would still be many divides (12) but we’d likely all gravitate more or less to one “era” while the others, much like it appears Classic will be, are options for those who prefer it.

you make a lot of assumptions and false claims that just because you don’t want something in the game no one who is a veteran player wants those things. Players have been asking for things like ploot for years.

2 Likes

I can also say that players being asking for things like ploot for years is the perfect example of assumptions and false claims you make.

See? I can also do it.

1 Like
https://ibb.co/T4VRJCD

so not really a false claim

Not getting what you try to tell me there, sorry.

Pretty sure this was a troll post.

To be fair. I’m sure there are veterans who are also ready for change. They might not agree with all changes listed but I’m sure some don’t mind some of the additional quality of life changes.

5 Likes

so was this thread…

2 Likes

I knew you’d come with that. And I knew that I would answer telling you that there’s also a dude asking for adding LGTBIQ+ elements. Should I say “People are demanding for adding LGTBIQ+ elements to D2R”? Of course not, because that way of saying it implies a real demand exists.

You added lines such as the following:
D2R Classic softcore ladder no trading.

Which, granted, isn’t Solo Self Found but I was being quick. I only bring up adding the additional fork to the server list because:
• It maintains what D2R was sold as for those that wanted D2:LoD

• We already have eras of the game precedent from VV with servers for Classic and LoD.

I agree. I only came to this forum to argue with these change people when I heard they were trying to ruin the game by begging Fergusson for ploot on Twitter. My only interest is playing D2 as it was. But there’s no way I’m letting any of these stupid changes come in unless it’s not kept separate from the game, so that had to change. I say separate because it’ll have the positive effect of separating them from us, as well as being a test ground when you get bored of your GG gear near the end of season. Edit: there’s a couple of things I could live with if added though, like better AI.

5 Likes

Exactly. Can’t remember myself mentioning “Solo” anytime. Everyone who has been here long enough (and not so long) has seen the plethora of posts “Trading vs no trading”, which I can guarantee you that multiply by thousands what you’ve seen about PLoot, so why I brought the trading thing in.

Can’t recall how many times I’ve been called shop owner and whatever just for defending trading. And that given that I barely trade or don’t trade at all during most ladders.

Again, couldn’t fully understand the ending part of this last post, sorry.

Doesn’t have to be either/or.
But I can definitely agree that it is paramount that D2R preserves the original gameplay.

Make two separate realms/game modes.
Original 1.14: Permanently stays the way D2R is releasing.
Changes: Any new changes in patches is added here.

Original gameplay is preserved forever after.

Yes we have.
Heck, I have been arguing against countless “purists” over the years, who said we should never get a remaster, because Blizzard could never deliver a good one.
If Blizzard had listened to some of those “purists”, we would never have D2R.

We didn’t come out of nowhere.

Likewise…

Exactly this.

1 Like

Already covered:

I’ve missed the element “[Cause] => [Consequence]” there.

So a reason to think I’m not talking to you. I’ve seen you in these forums a million times.

if you guys think they did this remaster just to give us the “classic” experience of d2 and then move on on another project., you are bunch fool.

there will be addition, patch, fix, tweak, and more content added, after release.
and you purist will have a little check box , so you can play your so lovely outdated game version.

I really hope you guys will finally realize you are a minority after release

4 Likes

1 additional split is not what you just wrote.

If would of course add one more each of SC NL, SC Ladder, HC NL, HC Ladder. But we are still only talking going from 8 to 12 splits. Or 4 to 8 if we ignore Classic (which mostly can be ignored).

Many of the other people arguing for “stuff you dont want” (and also stuff I dont want), have been here a long time.
Likewise, many of the people who are arguing for no changes, are newcomers.

Merely saying that trying to split this up between people who have been here for a while, vs. newcomers, is meaningless. Some old D2 players want no changes, other old D2 players want changes. Some newcomers want no changes, other newcomers want changes.

1 Like

Proving my point that demanding a bit of respect from some of the people asking for changes was necessary. So all I need to do is to thank you.

Freakin casuals. Welcome to the age of I want what I want, I want it now, and it’s more betterer than what you want. I’m spending 40 whole dollars on this game, that’s like 2 whole days worth of work at pizza hut, and if you don’t give me what I DESERVE, I will break down the proverbial doors of the internet, march into your establishment, keyboard in hand, and COMPLAIN! That’s right, I’ll complain. And demand refunds, and demand vindication from the permanent damage you and your company have done to my ego!!!

Go play D3 or wait for D4.

6 Likes