Please nerf ww rend barb, it is much stronger than chantodo wizard before nerf

WW rend barb is clearly overpowered right now and you know it Free. What happened with your desire to balance all barbarian builds and classes then?

Wasn’t Blizzard exactly trying to balance all classes to about 140 GR by nerfing Chantodo Wizards? If they intended to balance around 145 GR then why they nerfed Wizards and buffed Barbarians to even higher levels?

“The problem here is that a 140 clear is not unique to Wizards and Barbarians. Other classes are capable of such at similar (or less) Paragon. Necromancers and Witch Doctors have recorded non-Season clears at 140+, and Demon Hunters have clocked 139. Allowing Barbarians to clear 140+ doesn’t disrupt balance– it brings Barbarians into balance.

No, it breaks balance again, putting WW rend barbs ahead of every class by a high margin.

2 Likes

Look another’s alt here. By the end of PTR, this user will disappear from sight until the next one when barb can receive smt but hell with it. The game is so old so I am guessing all of you will disappear in the end as well as all the player base.

5 Likes

Honestly, as D3 begins to venture into the wayside, it would be nice to see multiple builds in that GR140-145 solo range.

The push to clear 150 solo should be a real option, and something that players can hunt for even after the game passes.

2 Likes

Well you got it right that the margin might be too high comparing classes. The same guy also did a WD and DH clear way lower than with his Barb. So perhaps it is unbalanced now. But let Blizzard figure it out from the data, not people shouting nerf nerf on the forums.
Btw wizard that did not get any buffs did 137 with 4k Less paragon than the Barb, OP? Nerf?

2 Likes

There is a PTR season clear of 133 with this build.
No augments, 1722 paragon.
Hard to tell how much the season buff has affected this clear though.
It seems a bit OP, but I am not totally certain.
Hoping Blizzard will avoid nerfing it into the ground for all Barbs sake.

It certainly is strange that new accounts keep appearing asking for nerfs or give an impression of “consensus” that Rend is overpowered, with their first/second post. Even more strange are their Swedish names (katten means “the cat”, in this thread Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis - #135 by JustinFan-1165 and now livsångest=anxiety, angst about life).

While I can’t prove that these are alts, well… In any case, this entire thread is childish at the very least, but also almost pathologic with people begging for nerfs to a build they don’t even play. Why the hell is it bad to have strong WW/Rend? I am a 99% solo player, I thoroughly enjoyed Chantodo that let me gem up, I will enjoy Rend and then the next one. This whole PTR is a terrible experience and makes me wish for a prolonged maintenance period, just like after 2.6.1 - the only way Blizzard can stop our constant whining.

8 Likes

Why is it strange that people engage in a ptr and leave feedback?
Did you even read what I wrote?
I did not ask for nerf, just state my opinion that it seems OP.
Does not mean it is OP, that will be up to the developers to decide.
And as I already wrote the first time, I hope they will NOT nerf it into the ground.
Now please take your conspiracy theories and shove them where they belong.

Leaving feedback is great. Creating multiple accounts and post in the forums? not so great. Attacking others? even less great.

3 Likes

Well I can agree with you with all of this, unless you actually think I am the owner of several accounts. Maybe other people are doing what you describe, I am not a part of that.

1 Like

No do not nerf the WW set. Barbs need some love.

5 Likes

In any game there are always a handful of what I call ‘exceptional skill players’.
There was also a wizard with the nerfed chantodo’s set that was up with people that were 4K-5K more paragons.

There are some very skilled people in this game.
While me and many others can get decent scores, I admire people that can ‘do more with less’.
Ever since the invention of games and the arcades that spawned them, there will always be those phenomenal players with great hand-eye coordination, reflexes and timing sense.
They are worthy of our respect, but it is not their skills that any game should be made as a minimum benchmark, nor are they the benchmark that encourages nerfing. It is what everyone aspires to only.

2 Likes

It seems strange that there’s the idea that Blizzard will make decisions to the Waste set based on what one person can do. Yes one person can do GR140+ with one set compared to what one person can do with another set of another class.

What about all the thousands and thousands of players that aren’t at 10K paragon? Do their clears don’t really matter then?

Out of the thousands of other players, what was their clear before and what’s their clear in PTR? Is that GR gain what the Blizzard intended?

I’m not sure that Blizzard is catering their decision to what a handful of people can clear.

They won’t. Just because they do not respond to anyone in the middle of a PTR or for that matter ever in some cases, does not mean they are stupid.
They know that one apple does not tar the entire bunch.

They also won;t tar it because one exceptional player can do the same score as people with 5,000 more paragons, just because they happen to be a better intuitive player than ‘average Joe’.

They will base it on the overall results. There is no sense catering a global game to one player.

1 Like

Dont take it the wrong way, you might not be one of them of course. Just that people have seen in the past new people asking for just buffed builds to be nerfed. Seeing that you do not want it nerfed it does not seem to apply to you.
And yes the build seems OP, the same player cannot do that high GR on other well geared chars. It could also mean those chars need to get buffed like Barb. :confused:

Correct.

The Seasonal buff killstreak at 500 kills can one-shot an RG at GR 150 in group play. There is video proof. If that’s not your cup of tea, try this.

Barbs and Rend are not the problem.

Here’s my own experience with Rend in non-Season at 2200 Paragon, gems in the 120-130 range, missing a few Augments.

GR 115? Cleared.

GR 120? Start to fish, but cleared.

GR 122? Definitely fishing. Could I get 122? 125? Maybe higher?

Yes, if I fished, and farmed better gear, and, you know, did all the things we’re supposed to do.

The buff to Rend was approximately a 10 GR buff since WW has previously cleared 130.

This is not the end of the world, folks. The Seasonal buff is drastically overtuned, but otherwise, let’s all calm down and stop asking for nerfs.

11 Likes

Let’s compare that with Chantodo. I am at P1750 and only did speed 110-115s. After they said that they nerf the build, I thought about getting into the leaderboards (lowest: 125) since I had never pushed. I was 118 and within two days I one-keyed all rifts up to 123 and failed my only 124 (1 good map, 2 bad maps), barely, because I died twice (death with Vyr is a disaster). I think my 123 is something like 11-12 mins.

Does this sound like the same level of power as the one described by Free? Does Rend sound overpowered? I hate nerfs, I hope Chantodo nerf does not go through and I certainly hope that Rend remains as is.

5 Likes

Do you not understand to ignore Non Season PTR records???

Ppl on NS have 3k/4k/5k/6k plus paragon.

What you should do is watch the S19 leaderboard.
Everyone has to level to 70 and then run vendor bags over and over to get their gear.

Take it easy Frank!

Totally disagree! Wizards much more often were in a meta than barbs! And wiz`s are really overpowered now, barbs in the ptr have normal damage, not OP! And its possible BY ANY class to close top 140 rift with top gear and top paragon (10,5k+).

4 Likes

Since a lot of the GR boosts in seasonal comes from maintaining a kill streak and the Pandemonium effects.

So in seasonal, are you comparing relative powers of the sets or are you comparing the relative power of the set play style that lets you maintain your kill streak most effectively?

1 Like

Actually you shouldn’t do that either, since it promotes some builds over others, since you need to gain a killstreak for the buff, builds like invoker which is bad at killing normal mobs has less value than an aoe build like WW.

Also, just adding my thoughts on this, if the nerf on wiz goes through, they still be at the top, darkpatator has the NS record in europe for wiz, currently at 144. Assuming the stories of how much they lose in power, I’d say that they land on a pretty stable spot around 140 at the very max. The thing about this is that he didn’t directly go there, it took a while to get to 144, thus I believe if he manage to get to 140 (on the barb) in a very short time, it may be a bit overtuned, but that’s fine, it’s still in ptr and may be subjected to change before release.

I’m not gonna say nerf this, nerf that, but I hope the final number lands on something powerful yet balanced.

1 Like