Please nerf Inna's and Wave of Light monk

Because D3 has extreme power creep and the more stuff we buff the worse it gets.

I was surprised to see how strong Monks were, that 5x buff to fire Mystic Allies from the bracers is crazy, in a good way. What I’m not surprised to see, is that there exists a stupid thread like this because of it…because of course there is.

Glad I don’t play that often anymore, god nerfs constantly get obnoxious and old. That nerf to Necros was disgusting, and they have been my favorite class for a few years now but I had no desire to play them this season because they’re seeming pretty behind to me, especially if I want to play some sort of Pestilance or Mage build. So instead I went back to Barb my original main that I haven’t played in some years, and from there to Monk which I also haven’t played in quite awhile.

Wish people would stop whining for nerfs all the time.

2 Likes

Lol? No they cant increase the difficulty. They would need to do a total remake of the scaling if they did. And it still wouldnt solve the problem that a build is overperforming compare to the other builds. Nerf increase the difficulty for that specific build.

Isn’t this where creativity comes into play? Most of you are really smart with putting together great builds… me not so much so I follow set builds. Create something that works for you. I just hate seeing characters getting nerfed to appease some. Can one not weaken the builds on their own if its too strong for them? Maybe not use all the pieces?

1 Like

How does that fix the issue that 1 class having builds which is stronger than the other classes builds?
U cant enjoy the build if its “only” as strong as the other top tier builds?
And why should gr150 be ez? If u find it find it fun to play without 6 piece set bonus u wouldnt mind if we nerf the 6 piece.

Ok than nerf FB wizz and whirlrend barb also.

The nerf stick requests are interesting. The assumption is that anyone can get to 150 with X build now. Guess what some of us, even with the new sets are not getting close to that 150 GR.

I think my all time best is maybe a 118 with POJ. Lets face it, many will never get that high or even near it. Maybe some of the uber players find this or that build too easy, but I am guessing most players are not topping much past 100 GR if that far.

2 Likes

FB should expect a nerf. Ppl alrdy asked for it last season. Blizzard seem to let OP builds stay for atleast 2 seasons though.
WW barb seem to be fine.

They earlier stated that 5k para = 130GR or so is what they aiming for.
So if ppl like u with 1k para cant do 150gr then thats intended and how they want it to be. In other words 150gr is meant to be a challenge for dedicated players.

Just like most sane people, the solution is not to nerf but to move up the other sets.

Considering that the rng for a perfect rift to get 150 requires significant fishing and luck. I think people are generally skewing this a bit too much.

Thanks

1 Like

Actually sane ppl will find nerfing to be the logical solution. Its easier to nerf 1 build than expect buff on every other build. Especially when the build exceed their intentions. Obv casuals want buffs because they think the game is challenging as it is. They might even want the game to be easier to fit their preference. However d3 isnt only made for casuals.

1 Like

No, it absolutely is not.

If there’s a clearly overperforming outlier, you cut its head off and bring its power down to the same level with the rest of the top builds.

The very reason why some builds are smashing GR150s is due to the very reason of not nerfing the overpowered outllier. There’s been only buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs after buffs…
If you don’t stop the power creep somewhere, you’ll get the abysmal mess the D3 is today! Seriously, get it in to your heads already! Nerfs are necessary for the overall balancing.

1 Like

The game is at the end of its life, D4 is in the works, why not let it be fully broken with dozens of builds that can do 150? What’s the point of ‘fixing’ and ‘balancing’ now? Who wants to keep grinding away at lower levels?

I’m not sure if you are all new to d3 or something but power creep has been going on every single season.

And anyone who thinks that the balancing will ever be perfect needs to revisit the last 9 years of this game and development.

The answer is to just move up the other sets within reason.

I don’t expect perfection but if most of the sets for each class is within 5 grift levels of the strongest (because there will always be one). That good enough for me with the track record we have had.

But no, once the system has already primed itself to a whole season with everyone getting a fair chance to run the strongest set relatively speaking, the power creep has already occured and the horse has left the barn.

Dialing it back only gives the people in this season that had ethereals plus innas to essentially be unmatchable.

Too little
Too late
Time to just adjust upwards

As always, Blizzard brings the casual gaming community in line with the new power creeep the season after it happens.

Expect buffs.

I completely disagree with that assessment. Nerfing to make the game challenging for the elite players and making the game more frustrating for the majority seems wrong to me. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I can understand nerfing a set that overperforms. But LoD builds are the golden grail. If you want that nerfed, you are a sad person and should probably join the armed forces to find meaning in an otherwise vapid life.

In other words u want to remove the end game because u wont reach it. No clue how its frustrating for u to not have a build which beat every other build. And why u want the game to be easier rather than you clearing higher by improving yourself.

If 1 build is stronger buffing the other builds wont matter as ppl will still stick to the strongest one. Thats why they made FB op. To switch the meta. Same with inna/wol which they made even stronger to compete with FB. If they dont nerf they will need to buff new builds to be even stronger than inna/wol. So without nerfs the game will become easier. Gr150 is suppose to be barely doable. So if they want to keep gr150 challenging they need to nerf the builds which clear it to make space for new builds.
However they seem to keep OP builds for 2 seasons before nerf. So FB will prolly get nerfed next patch while inna will stay for one more season.

That vision that ruined the game.

Elite? Do you by any chance find it difficult to make a GR 25? A t16 rift?

Because, the game ENDS when you reach them, there is nothing new, all the secondary effects of your gems are activated at lvl25, all the optimized loot is obtained in a t16 rift.

So everything that comes next revolves around a LEADERBOARD. GR 150 is not content, there is no difference between a GR25 and a GR150 in terms of content. The only difference is that, being a LEADERBOARD, the player MUST be challenged, MUST be HARD.

Even so, ANYONE, with a minimum of effort can achieve this.

So the “solution” of some here is “buff everything”? This is beyond madness.

They do this buff->nerf spotlight build rollout on purpose.

The simplification of tiered build rankings makes it easy to identify the best ones, you can count the S-Tier builds on your two hands, and for push groups the pickings are slimmer.

This is excellent for casual players, or those returning from a D3 hiatus. It limits the research and sense of feeling overwhelmed. It is also good for third party content creators and influencers who prepare content guides, making their jobs more manageable.

The folks who operate Max Roll did a tremendous amount of work just to setup the guides for the Ethereal season. Now if you could imagine the effort to do write ups for 70+ S-Tier builds, 140+ A-Tier each season etc. Impossible without a larger team, they’d be working overtime on new guides throughout the season.

Looking at the dedicated players who spend 20+ hours a week. There is a subset of those who don’t mind the lack of build diversity. The priority is Paragon growth, it coincides with the leaderboard and/or the power gained from the seasonal theme. There is even a subset that only cares about automation and botting. We have people who play long hours just to socialize with friends, those relationships are the end game.

I was very much into having more of build variety as figuring out what is actually stronger and trying new item combos motivates me. I posted so many suggestions on this forum — but after years watching the never ending cycle of overpowered builds rollout followed by nerfs a few patches later and balance implementation that I disagree with, I only expect a short list of item/set changes each PTR.

There is another game on the horizon shaping up quite nicely, the devs are very connected to their community, there is more build diversity and meaningful experimenting, they just need to roll out multiplayer and end game systems which are around the corner.

Unless some D3 miracle happens on the balance front, I plan to exit D3 and play that game periodically checking in on D4 updates.

You seem to be playing this ruined version of the game… Years into it.

Seems to be working as intended.

What ruined the game the most if you want to talk about it was the leaderboards.

Makes people competitive over something that has so much rng and add a bit of cheating to it that’s not really policed correctly for a competitive environment.

This promotes people to be concerned about how other people are doing as opposed to just playing for their own fun.

This is what ruined the game this is why you are complaining about power creep or ever care about it because of leaderboards and the elite.

Not what I am saying at all. I play this game a lot. I have quite a few hours in it and do OK. But no matter how hard I work, I only get so far.

Building end game around a few elite players is an issue. The idea that someone has to grind hundreds if not thousands of hours to reach that goal certainly would contribute to the complaint that some players may be cheating to reach that goal. That is not working harder in my opinion.
So, I disagree. No need to cast negative aspersions on my work ethic.

Thanks.