Please make rune drops easier

I know, but not all people want the same HRs. I know Ber would always be wanted a bit more then others, but beside that there would be more runes around in total = a bit easier to get your hands on.

My point of not changing things before the game releases is to allow for them to collect data on number of players, number of drops etc. So they don’t make any rash decisions.

The thing is your second point counter acts your first point. You get a kick from “finding something rare or with good rolls”

You don’t get a kick from trading for it from someone else who had the kick from finding it.

I’m perfectly fine with the current drop rates over a duration of 6 months, because that allows me a “big chunk of time” to play the game, have a life outside of the game and still have a chance to find stuff myself and make runewords myself.

If it become impossible to get decent ladder drops within the time frame of a shortened season without dramatically increasing your play time then less people will play the game because the real enjoyment is finding stuff yourself.

1 Like

But the ‘kick’ I get out of it, disappears if I’m finding 1-3 HRs each day, instead of 1 every other day.
After 1.13 I’ve started to find HRs a lot more already, then I did in 1.09 or 1.10. But at that time, it was almost impossible to find - only reason so many were around, was because of dupes and you could perm them by upgrading to the next rune.

1 Like

But more players will want to make these runewords aso so i cant really agree.

With bigger player base tho, you will have better chance to get only extremely rare items. And i dont talk about high runes, i talk about JMODs, 6 LS assa claws with 40% ias, very rare charms, godly rare items and stuff like that.

1 Like

Very good point, I hadn’t thought of that.
You can’t just increase ladder drops because then non-ladder would feel un-rewarding.

Keep seasons to 6 months :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes please, even 1 year long, but bot free would be fine.

I really hope they’re are able to keep bots and dupes to almost none existing, since it really does destroy the online experience.

But I would love to see it shortened to 4 months, I think that would be the sweet spot.
3 months is a bit too short and I think 6 months is a big too long.

It is gonna be exciting to see how many HRs is going to be available in D2R - only time will tell.

Cant agree more, it was reason I left battle net and started playing on private D2 realms.

I used to play in almost bot free season, i believe it was second or third one. It lasted one year and i consider it best for many reasons and actualy perfect length fith economy without bots. People had time to play both sc and hc in the season. Honestly Golden time of battle net. It was only worse after that.

1 Like

I remember a ladder season some years ago, where they had fixed something so bots didn’t work. That was the perfect season - a lot of active players grouping together to play, trade and do pvp.
The previous season, I was rushing a sorc through the game and did a lot of public baal runs, filling up my friend list with new players.
When I woke up after I had gotten some sleep. Around half of the players on my friendlist was running bots. That just did it for me :frowning:

1 Like

Sadly many players who never experienced bot and dupe free economy have no clue how amazing it is and how it is so much better. I used to play on smaller private realms like that. Only downside was low population, but seasons often lasted several years.

1 Like

It really is.
I’m so much looking forward to first ladder of D2R - and hoping they can keep all ladder seasons clean from cheats.

Looking forward to find my first HR and fight against Uber Trist and Diablo Clone (hope they’ve found a cool way to spawn him)

But please keep rune drop chances the same, don’t touch something that is in such a good balance.

2 Likes

For some reason no one is clearly stating this, but I think what people are concerned about are ladder only runewords. There will be a very limited amount of time to actually make ladder only runewords before characters go to non-ladder.

People keep saying “well finish up on non-ladder later” but you can’t because you can’t create those runewords on non-ladder. It won’t matter if you find the HRs to build an infinity on non-ladder because you can’t create it on non-ladder.

Truthfully this will help keep non-ladder economy healthy. But I do see people’s concerns because if they really do keep botting/duping under control, not only will it be difficult to build ladder only runewords in general before 3 month resets occur, but it will be extremely difficult to ever attempt multiple rolls to find high-end or perfect versions of those runewords.

Still though, I think people should take the approach of getting more involved in trading, before hard vouching for HR drop rate increase.

1 Like

Thats why is anything less than 5 months length bad decision.

Its not just about mal ng the runewords, you want to enjoy paying with them long enough before end of season.

Short seasons is so poor decision…

I don’t want to sound elitist because I’m honestly not so frame my next statement with that in mind.

While this isn’t an exact correlation, the argument is more about odds.

Having to pickup or transmute 400+ Deathwish swords in my D3 seasonal ladder to get an ideal Primal roll versus getting that rare rune that completes a powerful runeword for me; I’ll take the dopamine, serotonin and joy of the rune drop Every. Single. Time.

Being competitive in a game is one thing, and grinding should play a huge part BUT this is an Arpg looter. And the loot is RNG.

When I get that Primal in D3 after doing countless bounties for reroll materials it’s not “joy”, it’s a long sigh with, “hell…it’s about time.”

Leave the rune drop odds alone.

2 Likes

It is supposed to be difficulty to find High runes. It shouldn’t be easy to find. Where is the fun If a high rune drops every 10-20 runs? I have never found a BER rune but I don’t mind because you can always trade a BER rune.

Complainers should stop complain all the time. Stop try to change drop rates, and everything else in D2:R.
Game should be a faithfull remaster close to the original game.

I know some people get frustrated, but hey! That’s why It called high runes,It’s supposed to be hard to find. If you don’t have time to grind,then It’s not our problems.

It’s not about making it easier, it’s about making it relative to the time you have to make the ladder only runewords.

The drop rate now is perfectly fine for a 6 month long season, it’s great. The two work together perfectly fine.

If the seasons in D2:R are 6 months then there is no problem, but if the drop rates remain the same and the season is half the length, you are much less likely to ever see a self found HR in ladder play let alone enough of them to ever make your own ladder only runeword.

That is the problem, you are straight up removing the chance of finding and completing these things yourself.
Which in the long run hurts the game. I don’t want to just spend my time looking for stuff to hopefully trade with someone, sitting in trade games for god knows how long while people who do get a HR demand stupidly high costs because they know you have a limited time to complete runewords

2 Likes

I don’t think a lot of people are taking into consideration autogold… It’s going to have an impact on how quickly you can farm items.

First of all, you don’t have to spend the time clicking on gold at all, you just walk by it. Think of the cumulative time saved starting from normal to the beginning of Hell difficulty. Also, think of how much more extra gold you’re going to have to gamble some decent rares to better equip your character/mercenary early on, which results in faster progression?

In the current game, when you drop a ton of loot in a single screen area and press Alt to show items on ground, often the screen is flooded with gold, junk items, white items, a few magics, maybe a rare. There can be so many items that all of the item labels do not fit on the screen. When this happens, and it can happen quite often in Hell early in the season especially with a Blizzard sorceress, you have to stop, pick up the gold until you start seeing item labels disappear instead of being replaced. Sometimes you also have to pick up the mass of health/mana potions and quaff them as well just to get them out of the way.

It doesn’t happen very often, but digging down in these piles has yielded me nice items and high runes before. How many of you just look, and move on without picking up gold or the potions to get them out of the way just so you can get to the boss more quickly? Or maybe just pick up the big piles of gold not worrying about the sub 1K or 2K piles?

Autogold will yield more goodies in the same timeframe spent in the original game. Not just runes either, all items.

no
we do not need to make things easier

2 Likes

Drop rates are fine they were awful in 1.11 but they changed that and they more easy.

1 Like

From a Single player standpoint, I would beg the Devs to LEAVE THE DROP RATES ALONE.

As others have mentioned, the hunt for great items is a huge part of D2’s replayability; easier access to HR’s just removes that fun, and cheapens the experience.

Personally speaking, I prefer playing the game without godly gear. Yeah, it can be slow and frustrating at times, but much more rewarding when you beat the game that way.

I get the ladder is different though, especially if you want to PvP or vie for that top spot. I would hope that any changes to Rune drops does not affect SP; after all, there are runewords not available to us (without modding), so it is less impactful to an SP in terms of performance, but it is definitely impactful in terms of enjoyment and the rush of finding great stuff.