Please make rune drops easier

In D2 it was incredibly difficult to get high level runewords. 2021 isn’t like the early 2000’s…people “generally” don’t want to grind hundreds (thousands) of hours on a character. I know there are exceptions and some people will do this.

However, many people are concerned about bots. There won’t be as much incentive to run bots if runes are easier to find. With a shortened season; to me it would seem to be more fun to work on a character for a few weeks; then switch and start a new character/build.

I know they are making the drops “better” but to me; it seems like it is still a long ways towards ideal. I don’t want to have to spend $10-$20 at a shop to get the items I need but I will if I have to because I have a job & a life and want to enjoy characters when I have the chance to play not doing a boring grind. I could do that in D3 (which is why D3 sucks compared to POE).

Anyway, I’m sure not everyone will agree but this is my opinion and I know many who share it.

16 Likes

Enigma and other high end rune words are not required to play the game. They’re not needs, they are wants. Through perseverance and trading, you can eventually obtain the high runes to create these rune words. If you don’t have the time to play the game to get the items you want, then I’m sorry, maybe this game isn’t for you.

I’m not trying to be mean, but its these types of requests that lead to what Diablo 3 has become: A joke.

With the gold auto pickup feature, I’m willing to bet there will be more runes found simply because there isn’t a huge amount of gold numbers showing up blocking potential goodies when pressing Alt. Example:

Yes, an exaggerated example for comedic purposes, but it gives an idea of what you see (and potentially don’t see) when a ton of drops and gold fall in one screen area.

I don’t have a lot of time to play the game either, but I don’t want to cheapen the experience of finding that rare item or ultra high rune.
:slight_smile:

19 Likes

Leave drop rates the exact same.

You’re not a gamer. Do something else with your time and money.

25 Likes

umm i agree vex + needs to be increased on monsters. doing kurast runs for chests and brekables to stupid and unfun. i would like at least 1 season where i can find more than a single rune vex + by actually playing the game normally.

5 Likes

Play a couple hours a day, play efficiently = profit.

Finding a couple hundred runes in lvl85 areas in a ladder season is easy, even if ladders are to be 3 months long. Find 3 runes a day (easy), on average you’ll easily find more than 1vex/season.

7 Likes

I don’t disagree with that idea, only issue with any boost to drops in a season is there is a large market for season drops into the non ladder. Maybe an idea where for one season the rune drops stay the same but ethereal runes can drops as well, maybe twice as likely so overall it’s a 3x boost to runes, however anything made with a mixture of normal/ethereal runes and/or just using ethereal runes will be destroyed at season end. It does still give a boost because you can be smart and only use your ethereal runes wisely and keep the normal ones for items you want to keep/drop into non ladder to sell… just a random tangent.

EDIT: Could even make it so you can combine 3 ethereal runes(same one) to make a normal rune. That way your kind of taking away rune drops really as your taking out 3 to make 1 but still allowing someone who RNG’s the same rune over and over a chance to make it normal. Dunno plenty of ideas you could do and still make it so the player has control over how things are used.

Most of the Vex+ runes I find are from random white monsters:slight_smile:

there is no need to introduce new complex mechanics that could cause a tons of other issues for something this simple…

just increase the likelyhood hood of monster dropping them and hit the “chest” drops in return…

Meh your idea is more permanent for the damage it will cause and hurts the non ladder market, mine is much more a flash for the season.

I do not think runes need a boost at all but this idea gave it a season to do it and not greatly effect the market for non ladder.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The drop rates in Diablo 2 are perfect across the board and are the reason why most people come back or continue to play.

High Runes can be acquired very easily without actually finding them. Spend a little time cubing and you will have your sought after runes.

It was a little upsetting when they buffed the drop rates of runes for 1.14, but they’re still very hard to come by - but instead of one drop every 4 years, it’s now 1 drop every 4 months and that is with modest play time. If you play 6 to 8 hours a day, 4 days a week, you’ll find one every 3-4 weeks.

Note: A lot of high Runes drop pretty frequently anyway. I’d end up with several dropping in a single day. Just not the top 3 runes.

2 Likes

Having rare drops is what keeps people playing this game, don’t ruin it please

11 Likes

Ya I usually don’t spend a ton of time cubing and don’t find Vex or higher all the time, but ohm’s I seem to be lucky with but that’s just RNG. Pul-Mal especially aren’t hard to get enough to cube with very little play time. I still end up finding a few ist’s and guls’. The bulk of my higher runes come from Pul-Mal trading combined with an ist or whatever for a higher if I need it. I usually find my own Ber when I get to making an enigma, Jah not so much and usually trade for it.

Only rune I can definitely say I barely see is Zod… ever. I’ve found more Tyrael’s Mights than zods.

LOL, i have traded for like 95+% of all my high runes becuase they just flat out dont drop for me.

“cube them” ROFL?
with WHAT???
u want me to cube a ber and a jah out of some tals and rals? that aint ganna happen buddy.

i have even played 5 seasoin of path of diablo… where ALL drops are players 8.

and it generally takes me a MONTH of farming 6+ hours a to get SINGLE HR DROP

and i maybe found 1-2pul or um during that that time.

i really dont care about what YOU say YOU can do.

i KNOW my luck. i know what im lucky with… and know where my luck is terrible.

i cant know any reason WHY, but its like freaking per-ordained that i almost NEVER find any high runes and EVERY anni i farm will be a high roll.

do i know why? no… i dont.
but that’s how my luck is… and its almost hysterical how constant it is, even between ladder and diablo mods like path of diablo, and i doubt D2:R will be any different

this is like the 5th 20/20 anni i have rolled
and i have gotten 2 in a season before,
https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveOilyHorseBCWarrior
one of those 5 also being a 20/20/10

but i cant get HR’s to drop to save my life…
so i just became an anni farmer.
because apparently that’s what this games wants me to do

RNG is a beast it’s true.

What blizzard shouldn’t do is change drop rates based off a few outliers.

In all my d2 experience I think I found 1 5/20sc. I don’t think they should buff the droprate of 5/20s just because I’d like a few more.

Drop rates should stay the same.forever.

In 2040 the drop rate should be the same as it is now, or this game just simply won’t be as much fun.

8 Likes

I don’t know if I completely agree but I don’t want them messing with much. D2 held me longer for a few reasons, age and workload were for sure a reason but also D2 items felt more rewarding to keep and have. Almost every other game out there now has item creep or continuously devalue lower level items so you cant use them higher up or the items themselves are meaningless and your only affect the dmg bonus.

D2 items had ranges of uses, and lower level items have purpose in builds/farming techniques. I could go to Nightmare and slay enemies like a god and still find items of use as they will have the best chance of dropping there. Sure no real challenge but it’s nice to be a god sometimes.

It is unbalanced but too many games today try to balance everything to the point where nothing feel unique.

:man_shrugging: It’s true RNG is pretty brutal but your situation is most definitely an outlier. As is most people’s experiences. No two people are going to have the same luck. But it is definitely possible to find your runes.

If you don’t want to, you’re just making it harder on yourself. You’re the reason why you don’t have your runes in the end, be it luck or being stubborn.

The posts in this thread seem as if people are forgetting that they can also trade to get HRs. It’s not like they are only obtainable through personal drop rate.

Now if you are talking single player no-internet, ok. I can understand wanting HR drop rates increased a bit. But on battle-net? Come on now boys, learn to trade.

2 Likes

I think this is half the problem. I enjoy conversing, learning the value difference between every little difference in items, and have no problem being involved with 5 different forums to find trades. I enjoy trading and talking to people about trading/PvP, etc.

I can understand people not enjoying trading, but if they buffed the droprates 10x because of these players, it would Make the feeling of finding a 3/20/15 much less rewarding. Imagine even buffing Pul-Zod 4x.

Just 4x and a Vex or higher would drop every 37 runes.

Can you imagine how bad that would distort the rune vs item economy?

Even doubling Pul+ means a Vex or higher would drop every 74 runes I find when farming.

That’s a Vex or higher every week playing a casual 1-2 hours a day.

Approximately 12 HRs in a 3 month ladder, for casual players.

For the players that play 6 hours a day of efficient farming, we’d be talking 36ish HRs in just a few months.

Drop rates seem fine now.

3 Likes

playing 6 hours a day

first off this game is 21 years old… i dont have “6 hours a day” to play video games
i work…

also efficient farming is " running freaking lower kurast with a sorc and opening chests"
i prefer to actually PLAY the game…

you know KILL THE MINIONS OF HELL!!!

if u can have fun doing that… good for you… but i can’t.
i feel players who play the game normally should be able to get as many runes as people doing BS runs like that.

I think that comment was demonstrating more that people who did would find that many, at no point in time if they boost drops will you get the same as someone who plays 6 plus hours, so you would never see as many as them no matter how much they boost drops. The only course then is to boost all item drop rates to be closer to D3, and that’s a steaming pile when it comes to drops and itemization. Nothing would be worth trading besides perfect items because you can easily find everything playing 1 hour a day.

The game doesn’t play like D3, you can’t just aim and mow even if you changed runes to drop everywhere, what about items or uniques, specific level items drop in specific areas or I should say have a higher chance. You still need to do ancient runs, or frozen runs, or pits, unless we now make it so everywhere can drop anything since again these are specific runs.

2 Likes