Please make rune drops easier

Yeah I don’t have 6 hours a day either. Some 15 year old is going to get into this game and have 10 hours a day to farm, but who cares. I will control my farming and trading, and I will eventually become quite rich from it, enough to gear 3-5 high end PvP chars. It may take 5 years, but I will do it, you know why? because I want to, and I’m efficient.

LK runs are garbage on bnet, so be happy you will be able to farm Chaos Sanctuary to your heart’s content, as it is far more efficient for HRs than LK runs on bnet without maphack.

You may get unlucky on HRs, but like you say, maybe your first Anni will be 20/20 and can trade it for a Jah+Ber. Maybe you will find a 45/Pcombat on your first Diablo kill.

That’s how RNG works…even if the drop rates for every item were doubled, I feel people would still make the same complaints.

2 Likes

LOL i can trade a 20/20 anni for easily over 10 jah/ber, the last one i sold for HR’s and not FG was for about 19 hrs i think?, in FG it was well over 2k
and im also talking ladder soo
i used to sell just average annis that for like 5-6 hr’s each, and i would maybe get 2-8 per week maybe some lower ones for 3-4

The counter argument would be they would be Much easier to find hence More ppl wanting to bot, Even the Bot only found 1-2 runes in a good 8-10h period(if that) some Night you may not get any HR i.e. . so you increase that and if bots did manage to run D2R they’re double them numbers in runes.

I’m for this but against it at the same time. I feel this should only been done after the 1st ladder and Blizzard gets a chance to see if the game is infiltrated. Which I imagine there are already players out there working on coding for bots to run D2r. D3 has Bots some ppl get banned others don’t.

this part right here I can relate too Because Thousands of players Did this in D2lod which is Why I know Ppl are alrdy trying to make bots Because Many ppl Made Bank $$ on D2lod botting. Not just botting but duping and selling unperm godly gear. Guess what Ppl spend 100’s if not thousands on these items. HUGE Problem.
I Hope Blizzard works it Darn hardest to prevent this from happening to D2r I want The Hyper Inflation and My items to Hold Value otherwise why would I put the time into it.
Btw I’m 32 with 5 kids and a family life But I’d still put thousands of Hours into D2r.

We don’t know how Dclone will function in D2R, which is why it’s hard to ascertain value.

How many sojs for a dclone, how many games does he spawn in per soj, etc. Is duping going to happen again? all unknown values at this point. It is easily possible that Jah+Ber early in ladder will be worth more than a 20/20 Anni, and it’s also possible a 20/20 Anni could be worth many, many Jah runes…we just don’t know at this point, honestly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a slight increase to hr drop rates, especially if they’re making ladders super short. Nothing crazy though.

If it’s not a drastic increase, you’re basically tainting a nostalgic experience for very little in return.

If it is a drastic increase, the implications are obvious.

It’s a no-win situation, which is why I think the drop rate should stay the same.

If they buff rune drops, then people who use builds that need very expensive charms will then have every right to complain their 45lifeskiller charms are “too rare”…why even bother?

1 Like

You don’t need 45 life charms though, whereas certain builds need specific runewords. A small drop rate increase for runes isn’t going to taint my experience. They’re definitely going to leave the first reset as a vanilla experience though.

Very few builds actually need a specific runeword. Almost all builds function just fine without them. There are of course exceptions like bearsorc, but anyone playing a bearsorc is rich enough to not care about a slight buff for runes.

I always assumed the 3 month ladder was to gauge the drop rates, I have no issues with future changes but I’ll have to see myself how it feels a month and a half into ladder.

1 Like

Agree, buff rune drops or remove the exclusive runewords from ladder.

I personally think, rune drop should be changed back to 1.10. That would be nice QoL to improve value of gg. It also partially fixes the problem about enigma.
If smb have no time to play d2 and not extremely lucky - they have no gg. If smb have - they have gg. As it should be. (I usually don’t have, but I prefer to be a poor d2 player, not a “rich” d3 player).

High runewords aren’t something everyone ‘deserves’ to get. Them being rare gives them value, if you strip that away you move one step further from D2.

1 Like

The issue with drop rates will be linked to how long they decide a season is.
If you cut a season length in half but keep the same drop rates and ladder only rune words then it will be bot hell.
Drop rates have to be linked to the season duration.
Increase by X if season length decreased by Y.
Leave as is for the first season and then tweak as they collect data over time if needed

1 Like

You need to take into account how many players is going to play.
For D2R I would think a lot more then any D2 Ladder the past 10 years.

But about the rune drop, I think they should stay the same. Don’t make everything easier.
The good thing about RNG is that everybody has a chance to find the good and rare stuff, even those that can’t play that much.

And it is only good like that. Not everyone is supposed to have them.

But early 2000 isnt same as 2020 anyway. Rune drop chances were significantly increased in 1.13 already. I would agree chances were way too low before that but its almost perfect now.

Sorry but this is nonsense, people do not run bots because runes are hard to find.
It would not lower number of bots at all.

Then dont, you supports bots by doing that, learn to find them or dont play season if you have less time. You have non ladder for that. But i think longer seasons would help.

2 Likes

That’s why I say you don’t change anything at the start of release, you wait until you have more data and then make a change.

But it’s not about making it easier, in my opinion, making it easier would be if we had the same length of season as now and they increased the drop chance. That would make it easier to make ladder only rune words.

If they cut the length of the season by 50%, but keep everything else the same, it is would be straight up harder in D2:R to make a ladder only rune word while playing exactly the same amount of time as current in D2.

That is a massive difference between the two versions.

1 Like

But you still don’t think about the amount of players.

Let’s say a low number, 8, so 8x as many players on D2R release as a D2 Ladder.
D2 Ladder is 6 months and let’s say D2R is 3 months (unconfirmed, but easier with the math).
That means we have half the time to create the runewords then on D2, but we have 8 times as many players = 4x as many rune drops on D2R (I would guess this number decreases over a D2R Ladder, but that would be the same for D2 Ladder)
Even if there is more players that would want a specific HR, chances are you find one that you maybe doesn’t need, and want to trade for another one. So I would think there should be enough around for that to happen.

And again, as many people have already mentioned before.
High end runewords, shouldn’t be for everyone. It should be something that you have to put in a big chunk of time or be very luck to get.
I actual like that you also can be very unlucky in D2, so even if you put in a lot of time to grind, you’re not certain to actual find something. Where in a lot of other RPGs, there is some kind of mechanism that would kick in for you to get something for your time spend.

I think that is one of the great thing about the game, that you actual get a ‘kick’ from finding something rare or with certain good rolls.

But you are forgetting non ladder. If you make higher item drop in ladder it affects non ladder too.

Yes you have 8x more players so more drops but you also have 8x more demands for items.

3 Likes

Only difference which will huge player base will make is that there will be more of certain items. Lets say in current ladder with 3 month period there will be only one eth tomb reaver with 3 sockets found. With a lot bigger placmyer base same item will be found lets say 4x. So yes certain items will be found more but demand will be still same.