Please make Diablo 4 cost $15 a month

If you’re not going to give me offline, charge me money each month to play so it can get the attention it actually deserves. Diablo 3 has been good at points but there’s so much wrong with it. 99.9% of the items that drop are trash. It devalues everything. I’m not happy when I get to where I want to be, I’m burnt out. To the point I don’t want to play anymore. People begging for carries is indicative of the game being bad.

Also make wow good again. Just kill this expansion and work on a new one. Taking all my levels was the wrong move.

Please stop treating your IPs as if they have no value to you, because they have value to me at least. I don’t care if I’m the unpopular one on this forum, what I say is echoed strikingly throughout the gaming ecosystem. Your name isn’t synonymous with quality anymore, it’s synonymous with the likes of EA and LJN. Your race to be the worst isn’t the way to be. Please I beg you, be good again.

9 Likes

You’re clearly willing to give up what most people don’t want to happen so you get a small thing, i.e. offline play.

I believe we will get no offline play and it will be one price to buy if it ever comes out.

6 Likes

I want the servers to be sustainable and sustained and properly maintained. I want the game profitable. Most of all I want to be able to play. I loved wow, I never really experienced any lag that wasn’t a direct result of my equipment. It’s so frustrating.

The Diablo IP is clear on no monthly sub ever!

It will be profitable, why you worry about that is the issue here.

10 Likes

$15 a month seems too much for the kind of game Diablo is. But something like $5, if they delivered content to justify a subscription? Sure.
Subscriptions seems to be out of style though (unless you do the netflix thing of course, speaking of which, no idea why Blizzard aren’t doing a Blizzard Subscription covering all their games, seems like the most obvious thing ever).
I could more see some kind of Season Pass thing, where you can buy a years DLCs at a time. But also keep playing without those.

4 Likes

I hope they change it. I really do. Because d3 being free online has harmed the game so bad.

Heh, it’s definitely not a lack of income from D3 that’s the issue. Being conservative it has still raked in over a billion dollars. That is plenty to keep the lights on.

15 Likes

And why would $15 a month guarantee the game will be even a tiny bit better? You are already paying that amount for WoW and that game has only gotten worse and worse. If only it was as easy as giving them money to ensure quality I’d have no issues paying a subscription. But it’s not that easy, not anymore. Don’t fret though, D4 will be P2P and likely have enough microtransactions to rival that of a F2P game. You will have plenty of opportunities to spend your money in there.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t selling cosmetics or additionnal stash be a better solution, like PoE does?

16 Likes

I’m already considering not buying D4 on account of the company scandal but hope that changes take place within the company that would entice me to buy D4, but turning D4 into a subscription-based game will most definitely make me not buy under any circumstance, changes within the company or no.

Just sayin’.

10 Likes

If charging $15 a month would ensure the game is great, then why would this be necessary?

4 Likes

The real funny thing about this is the delusional belief that the money made from the subs is going to go back into the game and not straight into Blizzards pockets for more money for themselves

That happens when your build requires specific equipment to work best so everything else that drops is trash

And having subs just means that less people will buy it, I used to play warcraft one time buy and free to play then WoW came and I stopped playing because damned if I am going to buy a game and then have to pay a monthly fee on top of it to have the privilege to play it as well

11 Likes

Here’s a question what the point of subs if you want offline and how are they going to stop you from playing D4 offline if you haven’t paid your sub that month

6 Likes

Best I can do is $0 as a monthly contribution. I will pay one time fee for the game. I am willing to pay again for a DLC or expack, but it has to worth the price. Take it or leave it.

19 Likes

When I read stuff like this, I really miss the down-vote button.

30 Likes

The employees are teh victims, the corporate goons the villains.
Why punish the victims?

I’ll buy you the first six months of sub. It is going to be wonderful, this game, D4O.

:man_cartwheeling:

So, let the company skate on account punishing the company has consequences on the employees.

I guess that company that sold unpasteurized apple juice that wound up killing some kids through food borne pathogens, should have remained opened instead of closing because people decided not to buy their products when the scandal broke.

Look, when companies behave badly in order to punish them folks don’t buy their products. If it hurts the employees, it’s the company’s fault, not the consumer.

1 Like

Many people don’t realize that or they bring it up for funzies and trolling. I refuse to believe someone would be that naive.

3 Likes

Then you shouldn’t be investing in an Activision Blizzard game.

Ironically, Diablo 3 might be their best maintained game at the present moment.

If they ever announced such a thing, the screeching, whining and impotent rage would be legendary. At least 10x more than what the D2R board was doing with the server issues and queues.

Reading it all would be far more entertaining than the game ever could be :joy:

3 Likes