Please allow Follower to join Multiplayer Game

That’s why I suggested making Asheara’s a follower set with the following bonus:

2 piece: Your followers’ attack speed is increased by 25%

3 piece: While equipped on your hired follower, all three of your followers follow you (edit:) unless dismissed.

4 piece: Your follower share talisman effects. (Meaning if you have all three followers equipped with different talismans, they share all three abilities).

2 Likes

I assume that the 3-piece only triggers in solo, as otherwise, there is no hired follower.

2 Likes

Exactly. You’re follower leaves you in a multi-player game.

If what you say about Asheara’s in multiplayer is true, we have a serious issue.

It is true. I’m going to assume you aren’t calling me a liar.

But I’ve tested it with Varadia personally. We didn’t have a lot of time so we didn’t test everything. But all three followers do appear in multi-player games. All their abilities do go off and all players do get the benefits of their abilities.

We’re unsure about occulus circles in multi-player. But…Wudijo has a video of a 4 player game testing the Wizard. There was an Asheara zdh in the game and it does show their abilities going off. I think I even saw more than one occulus circle showing up.

Anyway, there’s video evidence if you want to look it up.

1 Like

I believe you, and this is a massive issue.

2 Likes

Agreed. Removing Asheara’s from the z changes nothing about a z. A zclass is going to be a zclass whether they have Asheara’s or not, so they don’t really need it.

But giving single player the ability to have all three followers at the same time would help single player. The problem is, with it being a set for the classes, only zclass’s can get the get benefit in a functioning way. We have to give up too much damage to wear it.

1 Like

*Brilliant Idea Fan : “Can we have more Stash Tabs & Shared Stash for Diablo 2?”
*Diablo Forum Fan : “No NO! Bad idea! It’ll ruin the game!”
*Blizzard : “Sorry, we don’t have any plan for this yet!”
(10 years later, when most Fans already quit Diablo and some enjoying Diablo 3…)
*Blizzard : “Greeting Nephalems, i would like to introduce to you our new Patch. We can now have Shared Stash & more Stash Tab for D2Resurrected!”
*Diablo Forum Fan : “Wow, i love Diablo. Who’s been giving this great idea? The Game is getting better and better every year!”

*Brilliant Idea Fan : “Can we also have D2 for Consoles?”
(10 years later, when most Fans already quit Diablo and some enjoying Diablo 3…)
*Blizzard : “Greeting Nephalems, i would like to introduce to you our new Patch. Diablo 2 has Resurrected. Diablo 2 is not only made for PC. It’s now also made for Consoles!”
*Diablo Forum Fan : “Wow, i love Diablo. Who’s been giving this great idea? The Game is getting better and better every year!”

*Brilliant Idea Fan : “Can we have Emanate on Follower for Diablo 3? Or something similar to “that allows the player to gain the intended effect of certain Legendary Powers and Set Bonuses when equipped on the hired Follower”?”
(Couple years later, when Diablo 2 Resurrected just announced and Diablo 4 is almost complete…)
*Blizzard : “Greeting Nephalems, i would like to introduce to you our new Patch for Diablo 3. I introduce to you an “Emanate”!”

*Brilliant Idea Fan : “Can we allow Follower to join Multiplayer Game in Diablo 3? (Just like Diablo 2?)”
*Diablo Forum Fan : “No NO! Bad idea! Followers belongs to Solo Game, and No Followers are allowed in Multiplayer Game. It’ll ruin the game and the Leaderboard! This is D3, not D2!”
(2 years later, when most Fans have switched to Diablo 2 Resurrected and Diablo 4 just released worldwide and not much people play D3 anymore…)
*Blizzard : “Greeting Nephalems, i would like to introduce to you our new Patch. Asheara’s Vestment Set has a major upgrade. Now all 3 Followers at the same time are allowed to join the Solo Player, when the Set is equipped. And in Multiplayer game, only 1 Follower is allow for each Player!”
*Diablo Forum Fan : “Wow, i love Diablo. Having the Follower around is not bad at all. Instead, it makes the game even better. It actually balance out the Solo Leaderboard and the Group Leaderboard. The Game is getting better and better every year!”

3 Likes

The problem is, multi-players gets all three followers due to a z not giving up anything to equip Asheara’s.

While in single player, to get all three, a player has to give up damage. The fair thing to do is let single player have all three too without giving up anything.

And the abundantly fair thing to do is disable multi-player from having followers at all, because…the z is the follower for a group and his abilities far outstrip those of a follower anyway even with the new follower abilities. Taking Asheara’s away from a z doesn’t change a z in the slightest and doesn’t change the leaderboards one iota.

Not a single person thinks your ideas are brilliant. Just you.

4 Likes

I think they should just introduce SSF(Solo Self Found) league/ladder, if people are so keen to play fully SOLO and don’t want to “compete” vs groups. Currently this is just bad design, solo players get to have fun and group players don’t.

Group players may hate me for saying this, but I think they should fix Asheara’s Vestments so the Set won’t spawn Followers in Multiplayer Games.

Last week, I couldn’t resist. I knew it wouldn’t work, but after reading about Asheara’s in Group Games, I had to try.

I crafted 3 pieces of Asheara’s for my Follower, Kormac the Templar, and ran a Greater Rift. (He’s wearing the RoRG). He did not summon his companions.

It’s understandable though. He doesn’t exactly care for Lyndon and he’s too shy to talk to Eirena.  

5 Likes

They work for emanates items, they will never do enough damage to be a factor in output, but with rorg and sage/cain, makes dbs and token farm very very easy. 6-8 db’s a pack kill.

1 Like

Group players still have all their old advantages, and 2 new builds to tinker with. This just closes the gap a bit.

2 Likes

Ok, I needed some clarity. I’m playing season 23 with my wife multiplayer and we need to equip a follower to finish our chapter 2 objective and receive haedrigs gift. How do we get a follower to follow to complete that objective? Help appreciated.

First of all, welcome to the PTR Feedback forum. This is actually the forum where people post feedback based on them testing the patch available on the PTR server. If you have a general question regarding the game, do post in General Discussion in the future.

Pertaining to your question, you can access your followers in town and equip them from your inventory without having to hire them.

Thank you for the welcome. So right now in multiplayer mode all we have to do is go to my inventory to be able to have a follower follow each us and be able to equip them to come our seasonal objective?

No, you cannot hire a follower when you have more than 1 player in a game. I would assume you wanted to outfit your follower based on your Seasonal Journey’s requirement, which you can do so in a multiplayer game by going up to your follower in town and equip them from there.

Yes, it’s one of our seasonal requirement for Act 2. But when I go up to the followers in town nothing happens. No text or dialogue appears, so we are at a lost as to how to equip them.