Please Add More Character Slots

You are correct. Also, there are times where a significant faction of forum posters can be quite vocal on a particular issue/theorycrafting where the future data proves their prediction invalid.

I would just like to have as many slots as I see on some other peopleā€™s profiles. I donā€™t know what the max is, but I only have 14, and would love to boost that to what others have. I donā€™t see why that couldnā€™t be a reward in season or something like the extra stash tabs have been, up to the max that already exists.

Diablo III and Reaper of Souls gives you 12 hero slots. The Necromancer DLC gives you 2 more. Upgrading to the ROS Digital Deluxe Edition gives you 3 more. So, 17 is the maximum.

As those of us with the extra hero slots paid for them, why should other people get them for free?

2 Likes

Man, if big B didnā€™t want us opening and closing games theyā€™d make the cow level able to be closed and bounties to auto reset :grin:

Before the Armory existed I can see why many complained of lack of character slots. But, now with the Armory one toon per class is really all you need. At the click of a button you change your role. Am I missing something?

D3:RoS - Maximum Character Slots

Product Slots
Diablo III
=
Reaper of Souls
=
+ 2
Upgrade to RoS Deluxe Edition
=
+ 3
Rise of the Necromancer
=
+Ģ² Ģ²2Ģ²
Total current
=

It appears that all you need to do is upgrade your RoS to the Digital Deluxe Edition. I suggest waiting for their next sale for the best deal.

If Blizzard did this, it would be better to increase the maximum number of Character Slots. Otherwise, many of usā€¦ like me, may be inclined to request a partial refund for something we had to pay for. (My sole reason for upgrading to DDE was for the 3 extra Character Slots when Seasons were introduced).

However, players that want to play all classes could have: One of each Class for Normal and Hardcore = 12 Characters. That only leaves 5 Character Slots for Seasons, Normal and Hardcore. (I have 17 Character Slots and still ended up deleting many of my less played Classes to make room for Seasonal Characters. Not to mention needing the Stash space to store Sets and supporting items). But, each to their own.

1 Like

/see horse corpseā€¦
/WW on it.

Unfortunately, the DDE upgrade is never discounted.
$20 USD even during the Sale.

1 Like

This brought back several times. Old CM (Nev) denied that there could be a possibility of that because players zipping between different characters create a burden enough as it is on servers. I beg to differ.

If server can handle more slots, people have been using mule characters for near a decade. Iā€™m not seeing any ill happening from that but Iā€™m not an expert. May be they plan on cutting the item changing phases shorter and fear that adding more slots may lead to player spinning around 4-5 different mules instead of 2-3?
They promised 5 extra stash tabs to retreat later and not a single mention of that ever since. Be the judge for yourselves.

Thanks for the responses, and I see where I missed the availability in purchasing upgrades which would give me 3 more slots. Appreciate the information and I will watch for sales. So now I agree that we need more slots lol, as 3 more for me is not much, especially (as stated before) with the new sets out / coming out. Thanks again.

Previous CM statements said a few patches back they would be encountered issues but if you look on the Chinese servers it is already doable and live with their SHOP.